Random Thoughts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Random Thoughts. This forum is for everything, whatever we feel like discussing. Nothing is off-topic. Go for it!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Random Thoughts XVI

Go down 
+11
cinco
MissLilly
Sez
Dina
Isa
Mike`
Charles
Span_ski
Shanna_
Alison DiLaurentis
Jugz da' Clown
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Span_ski

Span_ski

Random Thoughts XVI - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVI   Random Thoughts XVI - Page 7 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 10:10 am

I haven't really. I watched the news this morning and an ep of Frasier.

I've been looking at jobs, reading about this Project Management software they use in this job, playing kaw and helping my Dad learn how to use his kindle fire, sorting info for mum's tax return etc.

I just keep making myself tea and coffee to get away form the computer, but that's just fecked my concentration. I normally do loads of things at once but today it's just not really working out.
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVI   Random Thoughts XVI - Page 7 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 10:14 am

Kaw?
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVI   Random Thoughts XVI - Page 7 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 10:23 am

kingdoms at war... game on my phone
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVI   Random Thoughts XVI - Page 7 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 10:32 am

*shrug*
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVI   Random Thoughts XVI - Page 7 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 10:36 am

It's addictive
Back to top Go down
Dina

Dina

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVI   Random Thoughts XVI - Page 7 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 11:33 am

I'm so happy yahoo I get to be a part of a meeting with Singapore Airlines tomorrow and another meeting on Wednesday with the Sheraton Hotel.

I love this department so much!! I LOVE IT!
And I hate that I have to leave in a month :/
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVI   Random Thoughts XVI - Page 7 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 11:42 am

My girlfriend, who's nearly finished her hospitality/hotel managment masters, would be super impressed with that. Check you out, Dina. smile
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVI   Random Thoughts XVI - Page 7 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 12:48 pm

Just applied for this PM temp job.... I really hope I at least get an interview for it as I tick all the boxes and I think my application is pretty strong. Fingers crossed!
Back to top Go down
Dina

Dina

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVI   Random Thoughts XVI - Page 7 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 12:50 pm

Maybe once I've finished all this, this travel industry would be something I'd be more interested in, in the long run.

I really like it - it's a lot more interesting than... for example gas trades in my opinion.

The energy-sector is just not where I see myself in when I think about my future. But I also don't want to throw this opportunity away. (I actually had a very looong talk about that with my mom the other day Very Happy )

I think I'll probably leave the company after I have finished the apprenticeship and my bachelor in International Management.
Or they will make me leave because ... well working in an energy company in GERMANY is not really a save career option at the moment. Wink

Either way. I'm not completely sure where I might go career wise in the future... but when I'm finished with this I'll be 23 and more qualified than a lot of other people.
So I guess it'll all be fine.

It's really fucking hard to know at 18 what you want to do with the next 50years of your life!
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVI   Random Thoughts XVI - Page 7 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 1:01 pm

Yeah, I didn't end up now, where I thought I'd be at 18. I don't think anyone does. Your goals and dreams are always changing.

As someone who used to work in the energy industry, you're probably right, although diversifying into say efficiency or renewables is a good way to increase your job security in these times. I think this will only become more important in the future too.

The travel industry sounds awesome Dina. I'd love to work in it, well I love traveling at any rate. Now, if I could get someone to pay me to travel.... I would quite literally be living my dream.

I regret not making a proper blog, or website when I started traveling or maybe thinking of some way to do that?
Back to top Go down
Dina

Dina

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVI   Random Thoughts XVI - Page 7 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 1:18 pm

Thing is though they're trying to reduce costs everywhere here.
And what is one of the biggest cost issues that you want to cut down as fast as you can? Exactly: personnel costs
I don't how much of the german energy transition is displayed in the news elsewhere, but we have already shut down 8 nuclear power plants and the remaining 9 MUST be shut down within the next decade.

Now, the thing is. No one here in my company expected that (fukushima and the extreme reaction by the german society) to happen.
Now we have a huge financial problem. And I work at the 2nd biggest energy company in germany, you'd think a company that big would keep their shit together somehow.

But so, so many people already got their compensations or signed contracts that they will leave within the next 2 years.

A lot of jobs will be going to east-europe.

So right now, this is not a very good work environment. And even though I totally agree that the renewables will only become more and more important throughout the years, by the time they are developed enough to get this company partly out of their economic misery, I'll be long cut Wink
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVI   Random Thoughts XVI - Page 7 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 6:48 pm

I have no idea what all this stuff is. I feel really stupid trying to read it haha^
But sounds good Dina! Wink
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVI   Random Thoughts XVI - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 1:11 pm

Hey guys! I'm in Istanbul! Pretty great! I'm going to Cappadocia tomorrow. Baloon flight on Thursday!!!! yahoo
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVI   Random Thoughts XVI - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 2:04 pm

Hey Isa!

Glad you're having fun in Istanbul! A Balloon ride sounds amazing.... Hope you get some amazing pictures! smile
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVI   Random Thoughts XVI - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 3:18 pm

Have a great time on your adventures, Isa smile
Back to top Go down
http://a-lot-of-heart-a-little-crazy.tumblr.com/
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVI   Random Thoughts XVI - Page 7 EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 8:32 pm

My cat is so funny. She always sits and stares at me if there's something she wants, like food, or to go outside on the terrace. When I get up she always leads me to either her bowl, or the door. So tonight she sits and stares at me, I get up, and she takes me to the bedroom, like "aren't we going to bed soon?"
Guess I should take a hint.... soon Laughing
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVI   Random Thoughts XVI - Page 7 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 12:48 am

Guys.

Is there anyone here who can help me make this my new avatar?? I tried but it doesn't move Sad
http://24.media.tumblr.com/f73a68ccbffe9dea34173d5920a16bfd/tumblr_mh2iyg5dqF1qmuesuo2_250.gif

Allliiii!
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVI   Random Thoughts XVI - Page 7 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 8:25 am

If it isn't a problem with size, I don't think I can help you. But are you sure it didn't move at all, and that it wasn't just "frozen" when you looked at it?
And did you upload or link it? Maybe that has something to say as well?
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVI   Random Thoughts XVI - Page 7 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 8:39 am

I have no idea about stuff like that either, sorry. *would love to inappropriately blame it on being blonde but won't* tongue I'm just so out of touch with computer-y stuff these days. I blame drugs and alcohol. Until I was around 15/16 I was a little computer genius, then I discovered the gay scene and no longer had time for silly things like computers and sports.
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVI   Random Thoughts XVI - Page 7 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 6:07 pm

MissLilly wrote:
My cat is so funny. She always sits and stares at me if there's something she wants, like food, or to go outside on the terrace. When I get up she always leads me to either her bowl, or the door. So tonight she sits and stares at me, I get up, and she takes me to the bedroom, like "aren't we going to bed soon?"
Guess I should take a hint.... soon Laughing
Hahaha, yeah my dog does something similar. Except he cries, whimpers etc until you stand up and them he leads you over to whatever.

p.s. avatar seems to work to me? can you all see it? its big.
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVI   Random Thoughts XVI - Page 7 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 6:35 pm

The pets are so precious, and I love how they know how to communicate with us!

Your avatar works perfectly smile
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVI   Random Thoughts XVI - Page 7 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 7:12 pm

Hey A.... yeah I can see you Laughing
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVI   Random Thoughts XVI - Page 7 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 7:40 pm

Ill have to start signing off my posts tongue

-- A
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVI   Random Thoughts XVI - Page 7 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 8:03 pm

love it!
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVI   Random Thoughts XVI - Page 7 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 2:49 am

So found out today I wasn't breastfed as a baby because I "just didn't like it".
... Funny how that turned out?

I could've been 7 IQ points higher!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVI   Random Thoughts XVI - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Random Thoughts XVI
Page 7 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next