Random Thoughts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Random Thoughts. This forum is for everything, whatever we feel like discussing. Nothing is off-topic. Go for it!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Random Thoughts X

Go down 
+11
Sez
mardou
Alison DiLaurentis
Phyxrak
eli_
Isa
Mike`
Shanna_
Span_ski
Dina
MissLilly
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Shanna_

Shanna_

Random Thoughts X - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Random Thoughts X - Page 20 EmptyWed May 02, 2012 10:54 pm

Who knows? It was just terrible. It has been like that for the last few days. I have hope for tonight though. I(m pretty exhausted so I think sleep will win.
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Random Thoughts X - Page 20 EmptyWed May 02, 2012 11:02 pm

Oh dear, how are you even managing to be awake right now? I wish you a good, long and refreshing sleep this night! smile
Back to top Go down
http://a-lot-of-heart-a-little-crazy.tumblr.com/
Shanna_

Shanna_

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Random Thoughts X - Page 20 EmptyWed May 02, 2012 11:06 pm

Why thank you for the sleep wishes smile

Back to top Go down
Dina

Dina

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Random Thoughts X - Page 20 EmptyThu May 03, 2012 4:03 am

MissLilly wrote:
That's nice Dina! How did you get in touch with the people you're going to be working with before you start there?
Being friendly with them before you start there will probably take much of the pressure off of starting in a new job though smile

They are the other apprentices or trainees (whatever the right word may be) that'll start in Summer with me.
Whenever someone got another of this 5 job positions, our superior send us an e-Mail saying "These are the contact details for XY, who will also start in the summer with you:
blahblah"

Once we were complete we decided to meet and get to know each other, so we would at least already know each other once we started.
And I'm really happy I declined BP, because I get along so well with these guys and some of the people there seemed... weird. Wink
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Random Thoughts X - Page 20 EmptyThu May 03, 2012 5:22 am

Isa wrote:
I think Saturday is a good option. We could meet up for lunch or brunch and if the weather is nice do some sightseeing and then drinks later? I think you and Han probably know better than me places we could go. I'll have a look to find whatelse I want to do in London I haven't done yet.

What do you think?

Sounds like a plan. smile Probably more likely to be available to do lunch rather than brunch because we've travelling over from Newport on Saturday morning and to get there for brunch time we'd have to leave at about 07:00. Not what I want on my first day off since coming back from holiday. Lol.
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Random Thoughts X - Page 20 EmptyThu May 03, 2012 5:23 am

Hey guys, good morning! What is everyone up to today?

I heard this week that my friends who just moved to Pakistan may have found houses for us to rent there. I wpuld live next door to them. Sounds like a god plan to me.
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Random Thoughts X - Page 20 EmptyThu May 03, 2012 5:24 am

So, where did you end up accepting the job, Dina? Sounds like you made the right decision, anyway. smile It's really nice that you've all met up and you get on well. smile
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Random Thoughts X - Page 20 EmptyThu May 03, 2012 5:25 am

That sounds brilliant, Isa. I think it'll be pretty necessary to live near friends in a country like that. That's great.
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Random Thoughts X - Page 20 EmptyThu May 03, 2012 5:54 am

Yeah I think it's the best idea. My friends are enjoying the city so far. That's good news too.
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Random Thoughts X - Page 20 EmptyThu May 03, 2012 6:04 am

Yes, excellent news. I'm really happy for you. smile
Back to top Go down
Dina

Dina

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Random Thoughts X - Page 20 EmptyThu May 03, 2012 6:23 am

Isa wrote:
Hey guys, good morning! What is everyone up to today?

I heard this week that my friends who just moved to Pakistan may have found houses for us to rent there. I wpuld live next door to them. Sounds like a god plan to me.

That sounds awesome! Then you could do the strings and cups thing to communicate... or you could actually use your phone, but that wouldn't be as much fun Wink

Charlie wrote:
So, where did you end up accepting the job, Dina? Sounds like you made the right decision, anyway. smile It's really nice that you've all met up and you get on well. smile

I'll be working for RWE, which is the second largest electricity producer in Germany and my subsidiary is responsable for the whole trading of power, gas, oil, emission certificates etc.
The apprenticeship lasts for 3 years and the first 2 years you go around and work for various departments for about 3 months I think (so you'd for example start at HR, then go to marketing, then to risk management etc.) and then - for the last year - stay only at one department to specialize so to speak.

I really like it there, I did my work-experience at precisely that subsidiary where I ended up now and the people I've met so far are really nice.

And BP... I mean - it was exciting to go through that whole selection process there and they were offering a lot of nice extra-things but in the end I just went with my gut and that was definitely the right decision. I don't think I would've been happy there.

Back to top Go down
Dina

Dina

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Random Thoughts X - Page 20 EmptyThu May 03, 2012 6:26 am

Oh and also: in 23days I'll be on my way to LA and in 32 days, I'll be celebrating my 19th birthday in San Francisco - life is good! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Random Thoughts X - Page 20 EmptyThu May 03, 2012 6:40 am

That's awesome, Dina! I'm so jealous.

I want to go to LA next year, and some surrounding places. I think I'm going to try and do the Coachella Festival. I wanted to do it this year but I went to Bali instead.
Back to top Go down
Dina

Dina

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Random Thoughts X - Page 20 EmptyThu May 03, 2012 7:00 am

Yes, sometime I'll want to do Coachella as well.
Maybe as part of a roadtrip along the West-Coast but only when I'm already 21 so we can go to Las Vegas for a few nights as well Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Random Thoughts X - Page 20 EmptyThu May 03, 2012 7:06 am

Haa... I remember when I was too young for a decent US road trip. I was adamant I would go as soon as I was 21 but I found other things to do... tongue
Back to top Go down
eli_

eli_

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Random Thoughts X - Page 20 EmptyThu May 03, 2012 7:06 am

Hi crazy people! I just wanted to say I'm sorry I'm not writing in anymore. I don't want to flood this place with my woes, but I'm still here, I still read all of your stories, and I still love you all smile
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Random Thoughts X - Page 20 EmptyThu May 03, 2012 7:07 am

But, Eli, we want to hear about your woes! I miss you, and I'm sure everyone else does too. smile Cwtch
Back to top Go down
eli_

eli_

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Random Thoughts X - Page 20 EmptyThu May 03, 2012 7:12 am

Eh, I just don't feel like talking anymore. but it's great to know that if I'll ever need someone to talk to I can come here Cwtch
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Random Thoughts X - Page 20 EmptyThu May 03, 2012 7:17 am

Please do, babe! Whatever time of day you wanna talk, someone who cares will be here. smile
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Random Thoughts X - Page 20 EmptyThu May 03, 2012 7:28 am

Yeah Eli, you know you can always talk to us. smile
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Random Thoughts X - Page 20 EmptyThu May 03, 2012 8:43 am

You can always talk to us Eli!!!! Cwtch
Back to top Go down
Sez

Sez

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Random Thoughts X - Page 20 EmptyThu May 03, 2012 10:35 am

Eli you are more than welcome to vent anytime smile smile We are here to listen smile
Back to top Go down
http://sezsisatotalgleekhehe.tumblr.com/
Mike`

Mike`

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Random Thoughts X - Page 20 EmptyThu May 03, 2012 10:37 am

Awwwwww we love you Ellllliiiii!!! I love you

Drinking tequila at 10:30, idfk why.
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Random Thoughts X - Page 20 EmptyThu May 03, 2012 10:44 am

Just because you can? *shrug*
Back to top Go down
Mike`

Mike`

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Random Thoughts X - Page 20 EmptyThu May 03, 2012 10:50 am

Yeah basically, was that or be super bored.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Random Thoughts X - Page 20 Empty

Back to top Go down

Random Thoughts X
Page 20 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next