Random Thoughts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Random Thoughts. This forum is for everything, whatever we feel like discussing. Nothing is off-topic. Go for it!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Food thread

Go down 
+10
Mike`
Shanna_
Alison DiLaurentis
MissLilly
Charles
cinco
Jugz da' Clown
eli_
Span_ski
Isa
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
MissLilly

MissLilly

Food thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food thread   Food thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 7:07 pm

Looks yummy!!
Back to top Go down
http://a-lot-of-heart-a-little-crazy.tumblr.com/
Jugz da' Clown

Jugz da' Clown

PostSubject: Re: Food thread   Food thread - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 3:50 pm

I didn't wake up in time for breakfast, so I made French toast for lunch! Very Happy I made it with a piece of cinnamon raisin bread last week and was sooo good! yahoo I only had honey wheat bread this time though, but it still really good. I had a little jug of real maple syrup, and real maple syrup kicks cheap synthetic pancake syrup ass.
Back to top Go down
Jugz da' Clown

Jugz da' Clown

PostSubject: Re: Food thread   Food thread - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 7:35 pm

So I've reccently acquired taste for ginger (I don't just like it, I LOVE it) and I'm on a quest to try pretty much anything that has ginger in it. I never liked ginger as a kid, not even ginger ale. I don't know why I suddenly love it, I guess taste buds can change. Shrug

Just bought some ginger liqueur yahoo

This stuff-
Food thread - Page 4 30_gold_domaine_de_canton_1

Just tasted it! OMG it's so fucking good! yahoo yahoo yahoo

But since this is the food thread not the drink thread, here's something more food related (my new favorite candy)- Food thread - Page 4 51HBW3TFCVL._SL500_AA280_
Back to top Go down
cinco

cinco

PostSubject: Re: Food thread   Food thread - Page 4 EmptyFri May 04, 2012 6:13 am

It's weird how potato chips-flavours (and their popularity) wildly vary from country to country.
We have like hamburger-taste now. Eyebrow

Food thread - Page 4 Img_5465-bicky-chips-e1323885729401
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Food thread   Food thread - Page 4 EmptyFri May 04, 2012 6:20 am

I agree. It's so weird seeing what flavours are popular where. When I was in Bali they had this flavour that was supposedly just salted, but they weren't. No way were they just salt flavour.
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Food thread   Food thread - Page 4 EmptyFri May 04, 2012 6:22 am

Yeah Walkers, which is like the British equivalent of Lays often runs competitions asking people to invent flavours and the make the best ones and sell them. We've had fish & chips, full english breakfast, some sort of curry and cheeseburger flavours?? The regular flavours always taste so much better to me though.
Back to top Go down
cinco

cinco

PostSubject: Re: Food thread   Food thread - Page 4 EmptyFri May 04, 2012 6:24 am

Here the most popular flavours seem to be:

Salt
Paprika
Bolognaise
Salt 'n Pepper
Pickles
Bacon

Span_ski wrote:
full english breakfast

Haha, how did that taste? tongue
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Food thread   Food thread - Page 4 EmptyFri May 04, 2012 6:39 am

cinco wrote:
Here the most popular flavours seem to be:

Salt
Paprika
Bolognaise
Salt 'n Pepper
Pickles
Bacon

Span_ski wrote:
full english breakfast

Haha, how did that taste? tongue

Pretty grim too be honest Laughing

I love Bacon crisps and Paprika.. yum.
Back to top Go down
cinco

cinco

PostSubject: Re: Food thread   Food thread - Page 4 EmptyFri May 04, 2012 6:44 am

Paprika is like the default taste for potato chips here.
When I was a li'l kid and I lived in a small village, there was only salt or paprika available in the local grocery shop.
Now I live in the city and it feels like there's some new temporary flavour every single month.
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Food thread   Food thread - Page 4 EmptyFri May 04, 2012 7:15 am

I've never been into the crazy limited edition ones. I've never tried bolognaise or pickles flavour either. And I cannot stand bacon flavour. I'm not a fan of pig flavour anything really. But, I accidentally ate a handful of bacon crisps once and they repeated on me all day, it was horrible.
Back to top Go down
cinco

cinco

PostSubject: Re: Food thread   Food thread - Page 4 EmptyFri May 04, 2012 10:16 am

Charlie wrote:
I'm not a fan of pig flavour anything really.

I wonder if they already made chewing gum that tastes like...
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Food thread   Food thread - Page 4 EmptyFri May 04, 2012 10:39 am

*shudders*
Back to top Go down
cinco

cinco

PostSubject: Re: Food thread   Food thread - Page 4 EmptyFri May 04, 2012 10:40 am

Yeah, there's some taste that you don't want to creep into your nightmares.
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Food thread   Food thread - Page 4 EmptySun May 06, 2012 8:14 am

Going for a Nando's today. Cannot wait. Very Happy Dunno if everyone knows what that is. It's a Portuguese chicken restaurant. And it's amazing.
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Food thread   Food thread - Page 4 EmptySun May 06, 2012 8:34 am

I nandos might help me..... There is I've near by but I'm not sure.... Struggling right now lol.
Back to top Go down
Jugz da' Clown

Jugz da' Clown

PostSubject: Re: Food thread   Food thread - Page 4 EmptySun May 06, 2012 11:35 am

I'm on strict diet now, due to kidney related health problems. No red meat, no dairy, no chocolate, no soda/energy drinks, very little sugar/candy, very little alcohol. Sad

I've haven't been eating that much this past week anyway. Mostly just drinking water, tea with honey and lemon (but not black tea), and pomegranate/cranberry juice.
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Food thread   Food thread - Page 4 EmptySun May 06, 2012 11:58 am

Aww! Is it for forever, or just until the stone passes? Has it not yet passed btw? It's been a while now.
Anyway, I hope you're feeling better than you did, and that everything clears out soon enough smile
Back to top Go down
Jugz da' Clown

Jugz da' Clown

PostSubject: Re: Food thread   Food thread - Page 4 EmptySun May 06, 2012 4:15 pm

MissLilly wrote:
Aww! Is it for forever, or just until the stone passes? Has it not yet passed btw? It's been a while now.
Anyway, I hope you're feeling better than you did, and that everything clears out soon enough smile
It has passed (took three miserable days) but I'm not out of the woods. I'm prone to getting them, which is weird because I'm younger and in better shape than most people who get them. But 1.5% of people are just prone to getting them, so lucky me. I've really got to watch my diet forever now, and get the right vitamins on daily basis. My motivation is pretty good- avoiding agonizing pain and surgery.

But lets talk about food I can eat. I'm thinking about having a grilled chicken salad for lunch. I'll have to go buy some Craisins (dried cranberries) though. I love to put those in salad, and they are really good for me. And I think I'm gonna grab some pita chips while I'm at the store. I have a bunch of hummus but nothing to dip in it. I'm pretty much addicted to hummus, especially roasted red pepper flavor. Sometimes I cut up Peppedew peppers and put them in it. Have any of you guys ever tried Peppedew peppers? I just discovered them about a year ago and they are sooo good.
Food thread - Page 4 Peppadew_2191
They're not hot, they're sweet. I like to put them on so many things. There's a "hot" sauce too yahoo

Last edited by Jugz da' Clown on Sun May 06, 2012 4:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Food thread   Food thread - Page 4 EmptySun May 06, 2012 4:35 pm

I'm really sorry about your predicament! Glad you're feeling motivated though, and I guess after a while the diet will be completely normal to you, and not something you'll have to think much about smile
Back to top Go down
Jugz da' Clown

Jugz da' Clown

PostSubject: Re: Food thread   Food thread - Page 4 EmptySun May 06, 2012 5:09 pm

MissLilly wrote:
I'm really sorry about your predicament! Glad you're feeling motivated though, and I guess after a while the diet will be completely normal to you, and not something you'll have to think much about smile

I really appreciate your sympathy. Chocolate, cheese, roast beef, and energy drinks are hard for me to give up. I never should've started drinking energy drinks though. But I'll find ways of getting natural energy. Hopefully I just stop craving the other things. I was never a chocoholic anyways, but I do love me some chocolate covered fruit. And no more of those orange filled chocolate bars I mentioned before in this thread....I need to stop thinking about it.
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Food thread   Food thread - Page 4 EmptySun May 06, 2012 5:31 pm

Fresh fruits, nuts, and vegetables with some kind of dip is way better than any candy though! Wink
I believe nuts are a natural energy source. And such things as sugar cravings goes away when you stop feeding your body with it.

I have never heard of peppedew peppers. Never even seen them. Don't think we have them here. Maybe in some of those foreign shops perhaps though, I never visit those. Where are the peppers from?
Back to top Go down
Mike`

Mike`

PostSubject: Re: Food thread   Food thread - Page 4 EmptySun May 06, 2012 6:13 pm

Apples are one of the best methods for natural energy sources; there's a bunch of studies that have found them to be as effective as a double espresso. smile

How are peppadews? I googled them and they said they were South African; I've only ever eaten Canadian grown peppers. Shrug
Back to top Go down
Jugz da' Clown

Jugz da' Clown

PostSubject: Re: Food thread   Food thread - Page 4 EmptySun May 06, 2012 9:38 pm

Peppadew peppers were only just discovered in South Africa in 1993, apparently. I've been seeing them sold in more in more grocery stores lately. There usually in the olive bar. The bakery/deli I work at a few nights a week was selling jars of them for a while, but they don't have any right now. They put them on sandwiches. They are really good on turkey or roast beef sandwiches.

Right now I'm eating some chicken chili. It was way too spicy, so I tried this thing someone told me about- putting a few drops of honey in it. I thought it was a really weird idea, but they were right. It made it a lot better.

Mike` wrote:
Apples are one of the best methods for natural energy sources; there's a bunch of studies that have found them to be as effective as a double espresso. smile

You know I'm not supposed to drink apple juice, but apple cider is fine. It has to due with the way it's made. I love apple cider way more than apple juice anyways. It seems like it used to only be available in the fall/winter months, but now I'm seeing apple cider sold year round. A grocery store close to where I live sells apple-pomegranate cider. It's really good!
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Food thread   Food thread - Page 4 EmptySun May 06, 2012 9:52 pm

I'm definitely gonna have to look out for those peppers! They sound very interesting and worth a try, even though I'm a very picky eater.

Never heard of the honey tip before. Smart!
Back to top Go down
Shanna_

Shanna_

PostSubject: Re: Food thread   Food thread - Page 4 EmptyTue May 08, 2012 9:06 pm

I made pasta sauce from scratch tonight and I'm all kinds of excited that it turned out delicious! I'm shocked that I didn't mess it up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Food thread   Food thread - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Food thread
Page 4 of 19Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 19  Next