Random Thoughts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Random Thoughts. This forum is for everything, whatever we feel like discussing. Nothing is off-topic. Go for it!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Food thread

Go down 
+10
Mike`
Shanna_
Alison DiLaurentis
MissLilly
Charles
cinco
Jugz da' Clown
eli_
Span_ski
Isa
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
AuthorMessage
cinco

cinco

Food thread - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food thread   Food thread - Page 18 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 4:09 am

Cold soup reminds me of that drinkable tomato juice.
Back to top Go down
Jugz da' Clown

Jugz da' Clown

PostSubject: Re: Food thread   Food thread - Page 18 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 4:23 pm

I have a sore throat today so I went to a frozen yogurt bar and got a bowl of frozen yogurt with three different kinds- tart blueberry topped with fresh blueberries, mango topped with fresh mango, and pink lemonade topped with fresh rasberries. Heaven.
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Food thread   Food thread - Page 18 EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 8:03 am

Oh man.
Food thread - Page 18 P1174919

One day i will eat you chilli cheese fries:

Food thread - Page 18 Chili_cheese_fries_1
Back to top Go down
cinco

cinco

PostSubject: Re: Food thread   Food thread - Page 18 EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 8:43 am

Potato chips and peppered olives are a killer combination for a snack. smile
Back to top Go down
Mike`

Mike`

PostSubject: Re: Food thread   Food thread - Page 18 EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 8:46 am

Oh god I love chilli cheese fries; they're always on special at the watering hole. asd They make their chilli with hot sauce and cayenne peppers, so it's soooooooooo warm and delicious. Had a chilli cheese burger there on Friday. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Food thread   Food thread - Page 18 EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 9:14 am

Y.u.m.n.e.s.s.
Back to top Go down
Mike`

Mike`

PostSubject: Re: Food thread   Food thread - Page 18 EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 9:34 am

Having marmalade on toast for the first time, and it's actually kinda gross. I LOVE berry jams, but idk what the hell I'm eating. hash
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Food thread   Food thread - Page 18 EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 8:32 pm

Agreed Mike, i don't like the citrusy ones.
Back to top Go down
Jugz da' Clown

Jugz da' Clown

PostSubject: Re: Food thread   Food thread - Page 18 EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 9:17 pm

I saw lemon curd next to the orange marmalade at the grocery store the other day. I don't think I've ever had lemon curd.
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Food thread   Food thread - Page 18 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 12:23 am

I don't know what that is? curd is a funny word.

ugh, just attempted to make pancakes. I can NEVER make them. Seriously, i try and try and they always suck.
Back to top Go down
Shanna_

Shanna_

PostSubject: Re: Food thread   Food thread - Page 18 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 8:29 pm

Frying potatoes is much harder than I thought it would be.
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Food thread   Food thread - Page 18 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 8:34 pm

I've no doubt! Slicing them up and putting them in the oven is much simpler.
Back to top Go down
http://a-lot-of-heart-a-little-crazy.tumblr.com/
Shanna_

Shanna_

PostSubject: Re: Food thread   Food thread - Page 18 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 8:51 pm

I had never tried to fry them before and it wasn't my most successful cooking attempt.
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Food thread   Food thread - Page 18 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 8:58 pm

I tried it once, and they were still mostly raw so I threw them in the oven. But if they're boiled beforehand that's not a problem though.
Back to top Go down
Shanna_

Shanna_

PostSubject: Re: Food thread   Food thread - Page 18 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 9:26 pm

I'll have to do something different next time. I might try the boiling.
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Food thread   Food thread - Page 18 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 9:32 pm

Do you eat boiled potatoes over in the states nowadays? I remember my grandparents were over there many years ago to visit some far out family, and she told me then they ate potatoes made in every which way, just not boiled, and she was so glad to come home and eat a "proper" dinner again with boiled potatoes Laughing
Back to top Go down
Shanna_

Shanna_

PostSubject: Re: Food thread   Food thread - Page 18 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 9:47 pm

I've had boiled potatoes before but that's not how I typically eat them.
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Food thread   Food thread - Page 18 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 10:30 pm

I didn't realise boiled potatoes were so rare haha.
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Food thread   Food thread - Page 18 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 11:01 pm

It's the most common way to eat potatoes here.

Traditional norwegian dinner (and my favorite):
Food thread - Page 18 2118968795
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Food thread   Food thread - Page 18 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 11:10 pm

That meat and gravy Food

Now that's what i feel like Lilly mad

Last edited by voteforalice1 on Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mike`

Mike`

PostSubject: Re: Food thread   Food thread - Page 18 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 11:14 pm

Meh, I don't like boiled potatoes as much as other ways; it takes all the flavour out (Which is good in like, roasts and stuff, but not for potatoes on their own).

Frying them is just wayyyy better. That said I nearly always bake or BBQ them.
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Food thread   Food thread - Page 18 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 11:16 pm

BBQed onions are awesome too. I could just shove them in a sandwich and eat them like that.
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Food thread   Food thread - Page 18 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 11:17 pm

It's ground meat mixed with some flour, spices, and sometimes an egg, depending on the recipe, and rolled into meatballs and fried. Nothing advanced, lol. Only trick is to get them soft, and not hard. Grandmas meatballs are the best, because she's got that shit down!

Some kinds of potatoes we eat with the skin on as well, because that's where all the vitamins are.
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Food thread   Food thread - Page 18 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 1:58 am

I tried frying potatoes once and the problem was that the kitchen was absolutely covered with cooking oil after I fried them. Potatoes were nice. Cleaning was not so nice.
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Food thread   Food thread - Page 18 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 6:46 am

I'm not a fan of boiled potatoes either. Feel like you have to cover them in salty butter to make them taste good or anything. Lol. We fry potatoes all the time here. We call them chips. They're not like American chips but they're not really like fries either because they're usually a lot thicker:

Food thread - Page 18 Chips

Although some people do them in a pan, you can buy a proper deep fat fryer to do them:

Food thread - Page 18 Moulinex_minuto_af100316_medium

Last edited by Charlie on Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Food thread   Food thread - Page 18 Empty

Back to top Go down

Food thread
Page 18 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next