Random Thoughts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Random Thoughts. This forum is for everything, whatever we feel like discussing. Nothing is off-topic. Go for it!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Random thoughts VIII

Go down 
+12
Phyxrak
mardou
MissLilly
Isa
Dina
Sez
Alison DiLaurentis
Shanna_
Mike`
eli_
Charles
Span_ski
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
eli_

eli_

Random thoughts VIII - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VIII   Random thoughts VIII - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 5:58 pm

Easter tv: the 10 Commandments.
yep this one
Random thoughts VIII - Page 3 215px-10Command56
Ben Hur if we are lucky Evil or Very Mad

But also Disney movies! Not complaining about those

Nite dina!! going to bed soon too
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VIII   Random thoughts VIII - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 6:03 pm

Goodnight Dina!!

Eli: We don't get the religious stuff. Well, I'm sure there's some of that as well, but it's not like what "matters" here during easter. We're not that religious I guess.
Back to top Go down
http://a-lot-of-heart-a-little-crazy.tumblr.com/
eli_

eli_

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VIII   Random thoughts VIII - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 6:07 pm

Here we get the pope doing his Easter mass thing in Vatican city airing live during lunch Shrug
but we actually get that every sunday (and on the main tv channel too!), so nothing new there
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VIII   Random thoughts VIII - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 6:10 pm

Ah, well now that you mention it, I think maybe we get that too. But it's on a channel that mostly just old people watch.
Back to top Go down
Mike`

Mike`

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VIII   Random thoughts VIII - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 6:21 pm

OMG LOLLLLLLLLLL!!!

One of my closest friends broke up with her boyfriend of two years (And they like, lived together), and he thinks she and I are sleeping together. Laughing I mean, admittedly I've seen her naked, but only because I was helping her pick out an outfit. ROFL

Oh jealous people.
Back to top Go down
Mike`

Mike`

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VIII   Random thoughts VIII - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 6:56 pm

Also, re: Kony.

Quote :
This well-intentioned but unsuspecting army of children will be responsible for magnifying the very crisis to which they claim to be the solution.

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/opinion/2012/03/20123138139642455.html

Others express what I can't find words to.
Back to top Go down
mardou

mardou

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VIII   Random thoughts VIII - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 8:27 pm

eli_ wrote:
yep this one

Looooool so true. Their latest addition is "the passion of the christ".
Also, "Jesus of Nazareth" is a total classic that they show at least 50 times during easter.
Ohhhhhhh Chocolate eggs. I want the big Kinder one this year. Drool
Back to top Go down
Phyxrak

Phyxrak

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VIII   Random thoughts VIII - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 8:29 pm

eli_ wrote:
yep this one

I have the Ten Commandments on Bluray. I am a sucker for that like old epic Egyptian stuff in Movies.

Also, Hi.
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VIII   Random thoughts VIII - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 9:13 pm

Span_ski wrote:
Ok, so there's a lot to respond to there. Some very good points made. Some extremely valid, and that I don't dispute.

But first I'll go back to my point about man's impact. This is a small part of a much bigger article that was published way back in 2004. Still holds true though, and I wish I had could find links to the graphs, because when you see if graphically it's very disturbing.

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn4797-earth-faces-sixth-mass-extinction.html

Of course we have an impact.
As I have already said, I believe we're a virus upon this earth, and I have not a single doubt that we are, and will be, the cause of mass extinction of species. Probably including our own in the end, directly, or indirectly.
So I'm not saying we don't have an impact, and that we don't, and can't make a difference at all. My issue is the global climate, the warming and cooling of the earth, and whether it's our fault or not.

And I do believe in climate change. That it is happening. It seems you think I don't believe in it, so I just have to make that clear, that I do. I'm just not sure I believe that we are the cause, or as big of a cause as it seems the powers want us to believe, and that it's even reversable.

And you know, the more I think about this, I do realize that my beliefs are founded in my distrust in politicians, and those in power in general. I can't look at this world, and truly believe they have the worlds populations best interest at heart (oil & wars as you brought up, for an example), and I'm more inclined to believe they lie for their own benefit. If a politician would tell me the sky was blue, I'd probably argue him on that as well. I know this about myself, I just don't always see it, and how it affects my beliefs and emotions towards different issues.

Because there is nothing wrong with reducing pollution, and I am 100% behind that as well. I'd like us all to live greener, and more in harmony with the earth, like I believe was intended before we mutated evolved enough to conquer the world. And I hope we can.

But I've read and taken in over me everything you wrote. I'm probably not fully convinced, or willing enough to change my beliefs about the issue. But in the end I feel we want the same thing, we just think and feel about it differently.

And now that I have officially branded myself as insane with paranoid tendencies, I'll gracefully bow out Laughing
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VIII   Random thoughts VIII - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 10:07 pm

MissLilly wrote:
And now that I have officially branded myself as insane with paranoid tendencies, I'll gracefully bow out Laughing

Cute! Love

Even more excited to meet you in real life. Laughing
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VIII   Random thoughts VIII - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 10:11 pm

ROFL

kiss
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VIII   Random thoughts VIII - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 10:25 pm

Seriously, I want it to be April already!!!! Vacation, where are you?

------------

Ugh, headache. mad
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VIII   Random thoughts VIII - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 10:29 pm

April isn't far away though! yahoo Do you now what dates yet?

Water and sleep do wonders for headaches! smile
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VIII   Random thoughts VIII - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 10:35 pm

Not sure yet. I think around the 20th?
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VIII   Random thoughts VIII - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 10:53 pm

A little over a month then yahoo
Back to top Go down
Sez

Sez

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VIII   Random thoughts VIII - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 12:10 am

Wow two big storms in one day and there's more to come eep....
Back to top Go down
http://sezsisatotalgleekhehe.tumblr.com/
Sez

Sez

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VIII   Random thoughts VIII - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 3:19 am

Okay another severe storm, my anxiety is at it's worse today, shaking like a leaf and my body is so sick and exhausted. Plus my fear of storms doesn't help :/
Back to top Go down
http://sezsisatotalgleekhehe.tumblr.com/
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VIII   Random thoughts VIII - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 5:54 am

That sucks Sez Sad

Isabela wrote:
Supermarkets here during Easter season. It's annoying.
Random thoughts VIII - Page 3 Pascoa
Oh my god... yahoo

-----
Took a picture of a section of my Uni. Don't you think it looks like Hogwarts? asd
Random thoughts VIII - Page 3 14032010
Back to top Go down
Dina

Dina

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VIII   Random thoughts VIII - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 6:08 am

Quote :
Took a picture of a section of my Uni. Don't you think it looks like Hogwarts? asd
Random thoughts VIII - Page 3 14032010

Uuuhm yes!
My sister is looking at some english uni's for her master and pretty much ALL of them look like hogwarts, too.
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VIII   Random thoughts VIII - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 6:27 am

MissLilly wrote:

Of course we have an impact.
As I have already said, I believe we're a virus upon this earth, and I have not a single doubt that we are, and will be, the cause of mass extinction of species. Probably including our own in the end, directly, or indirectly.
So I'm not saying we don't have an impact, and that we don't, and can't make a difference at all. My issue is the global climate, the warming and cooling of the earth, and whether it's our fault or not.

And I do believe in climate change. That it is happening. It seems you think I don't believe in it, so I just have to make that clear, that I do. I'm just not sure I believe that we are the cause, or as big of a cause as it seems the powers want us to believe, and that it's even reversable.

And you know, the more I think about this, I do realize that my beliefs are founded in my distrust in politicians, and those in power in general. I can't look at this world, and truly believe they have the worlds populations best interest at heart (oil & wars as you brought up, for an example), and I'm more inclined to believe they lie for their own benefit. If a politician would tell me the sky was blue, I'd probably argue him on that as well. I know this about myself, I just don't always see it, and how it affects my beliefs and emotions towards different issues.

Because there is nothing wrong with reducing pollution, and I am 100% behind that as well. I'd like us all to live greener, and more in harmony with the earth, like I believe was intended before we mutated evolved enough to conquer the world. And I hope we can.

But I've read and taken in over me everything you wrote. I'm probably not fully convinced, or willing enough to change my beliefs about the issue. But in the end I feel we want the same thing, we just think and feel about it differently.

I think that's ok though smile

You don't sound insane or paranoid either lol. I'm generally distrustful of politicians too. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VIII   Random thoughts VIII - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 6:31 am

MsFalange wrote:

Uuuhm yes!
My sister is looking at some english uni's for her master and pretty much ALL of them look like hogwarts, too.
Cause they're so ancient haha (well mine is lol)
I think it's awesome though tongue
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VIII   Random thoughts VIII - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 7:10 am

Looks kind of like the uni in my city. I can't post just the picture because I'm in work. Here's their website though:

Newport Uni

Last edited by Charlie on Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VIII   Random thoughts VIII - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 7:11 am

Is that uni in Oz? It does look very UK like Laughing

My uni was in the UK but looked nothing like Hogwarts unfortunately... I know those in Oxford and Cambridge really do though!!

Random thoughts VIII - Page 3 1632-large
Back to top Go down
Mike`

Mike`

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VIII   Random thoughts VIII - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 7:45 am

English and American schools are so cool, in their old buildings and beautiful grounds.

All we get is this:

Random thoughts VIII - Page 3 Admin-building

That's the admin building, the one right in the center of campus.

EDIT: Holy shit this is an old picture too, that big circle thing is now a giant war cenotaph.
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VIII   Random thoughts VIII - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 7:50 am

Charlie wrote:
Looks kind of like the uni in my city. I can't post just the picture because I'm in work. Here's their website though:

Newport Uni
Yeah it's sorta similar.
I love those kinda looking ones.

But then some of it looks like this haha (it's not all Hogwarts-y sadly:
Random thoughts VIII - Page 3 4364360238_7453a9844f
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VIII   Random thoughts VIII - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Random thoughts VIII
Page 3 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next