Random Thoughts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Random Thoughts. This forum is for everything, whatever we feel like discussing. Nothing is off-topic. Go for it!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Sports Thread

Go down 
+9
Alison DiLaurentis
eli_
Dina
Mike`
Phyxrak
mardou
Isa
Charles
Span_ski
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
AuthorMessage
Charles

Charles

The Sports Thread - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sports Thread   The Sports Thread - Page 20 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 2:13 pm

Drool
Back to top Go down
Jugz da' Clown

Jugz da' Clown

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Thread   The Sports Thread - Page 20 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 11:48 pm

So I'm watching water polo again, despite saying it bored me. I think I was just tired before because this time I'm sort of enjoying it.

I'm watching yesterday's games. I've been a day behind on most events ever since the third day. And I'm missing a lot, but I'm still following this Olympics better than I've followed any other Olympics, thanks to my iphone and DVR.
Back to top Go down
Sez

Sez

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Thread   The Sports Thread - Page 20 EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 4:45 am

Was at the gym watching our coverage of the olympics and I saw during BMX riding a 19 year old from USA named Brooke Crain fall off her bike during her seeding. Glad she is okay though. She took a rough falling and bruised her thighs Sad
Back to top Go down
http://sezsisatotalgleekhehe.tumblr.com/
Shanna_

Shanna_

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Thread   The Sports Thread - Page 20 EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 7:29 am

US vs Aus today in basketball! This should have been the gold medal match up but instead it's here. I'm excited to watch but I need to figure out how to ditch work to see it.
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Thread   The Sports Thread - Page 20 EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 7:50 am

Shanna_ wrote:
US vs Aus today in basketball! This should have been the gold medal match up but instead it's here. I'm excited to watch but I need to figure out how to ditch work to see it.
Yeah i really want to watch it live Sad I probably wont stay up till 3.30am though...

You guys will win tongue
Back to top Go down
Mike`

Mike`

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Thread   The Sports Thread - Page 20 EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 7:51 am

We got three medals yesterday. Very Happy Don't think we've got any chances today, although I know we're medal favorites in a couple of the rowing events that haven't gone yet.

OOH! We just qualified for the finals for womens' diving! smile
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Thread   The Sports Thread - Page 20 EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 7:59 am

These 2 are adorable:
The Sports Thread - Page 20 Tumblr_m8gjxtPwD91rzfxx9o2_500
The Sports Thread - Page 20 Tumblr_m8gn79Js3g1rvxrymo2_500
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Thread   The Sports Thread - Page 20 EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 9:19 am

Aww.
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Thread   The Sports Thread - Page 20 EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 9:26 am

People are already writing RL fanfiction about them ROFL
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Thread   The Sports Thread - Page 20 EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 9:41 am

WTF!?
Back to top Go down
Mike`

Mike`

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Thread   The Sports Thread - Page 20 EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 9:49 am

YEEE!!! Just won bronze in womens' soccer with a 90' goal!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Thread   The Sports Thread - Page 20 EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 9:53 am

Nice. I only saw a little bit of the football but it was pretty good.
Back to top Go down
Mike`

Mike`

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Thread   The Sports Thread - Page 20 EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 10:03 am

We looked exhausted the entire game, played defense well enough that it didn't matter. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Shanna_

Shanna_

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Thread   The Sports Thread - Page 20 EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 12:56 pm

This is a stressful basketball game!
Back to top Go down
Jugz da' Clown

Jugz da' Clown

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Thread   The Sports Thread - Page 20 EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 8:23 pm

I'm far behind as always, but Aly Raisman's floor routine was awesome. So glad she won gold. boogie

voteforalice1 wrote:
People are already writing RL fanfiction about them ROFL

Just...no No
Back to top Go down
Shanna_

Shanna_

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Thread   The Sports Thread - Page 20 EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 8:53 pm

That was an amazing performance from Aly and wow, you are far behind!
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Thread   The Sports Thread - Page 20 EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 9:13 pm

Shanna_ wrote:
Did you really have any doubt you'd win? haha

Back to top Go down
Shanna_

Shanna_

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Thread   The Sports Thread - Page 20 EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 9:54 pm

voteforalice1 wrote:
Shanna_ wrote:
Did you really have any doubt you'd win? haha

I would never underestimate Lauren Jackson so there was legitimate fear. We were down at the half and I was screaming profanities at the television. It worked out for me but I still had my doubts.
Back to top Go down
Jugz da' Clown

Jugz da' Clown

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Thread   The Sports Thread - Page 20 EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 10:37 pm

Shanna_ wrote:
That was an amazing performance from Aly and wow, you are far behind!

It upsets me Aly has so many haters though. What's up with that? I've been seeing so many comments about how she didn't deserve that gold and how the Americans must be bribing the judges. WTF I thought her floor routine was flawless.

I feel like so many people in other countries hate the US for winning so many medals. But whatever.
Back to top Go down
eli_

eli_

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Thread   The Sports Thread - Page 20 EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 6:17 am

Not that I care that much because I'm not patriotic or anything, but don't you think that US and China have an advantage? Just think how large is the pool of people they can choose their athletes from. To be fair game for us all Europe should compete together or something.
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Thread   The Sports Thread - Page 20 EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 6:44 am

The French tried to suggest that GB tampered with their bikes because there is no way they should have won that many medals in the cycling.

I find the alternative medals tables that come up quite interesting, that ^ being one of the reasons, Eli.

The Guardian

Saw on our news last night that if Yorkshire was a country it would have more medals that Australia. Lol.
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Thread   The Sports Thread - Page 20 EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 6:47 am

I don't know whether this site works properly, I can't see it because I'm in work, but this is the sort of thing I'm talking about: Medals Per Capita
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Thread   The Sports Thread - Page 20 EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 8:00 am

Interesting scratch

guuuuurl
The Sports Thread - Page 20 Tumblr_m8iaosHYJc1qcsunko1_500
Back to top Go down
Mike`

Mike`

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Thread   The Sports Thread - Page 20 EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 8:18 am

Haha, it's cool the see countries like Jamaica and all those smaller countries that are so good at certain sports (Like Jamaica and the sprints). Just makes me want Winter Olympics so we can actually win stuff. hash

I love the accent of the Canadian womens' soccer team's coach.
Back to top Go down
Jugz da' Clown

Jugz da' Clown

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Thread   The Sports Thread - Page 20 EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 8:19 am

eli_ wrote:
Not that I care that much because I'm not patriotic or anything, but don't you think that US and China have an advantage? Just think how large is the pool of people they can choose their athletes from. To be fair game for us all Europe should compete together or something.

IDK. I just think people should keep in mind a lot of US athletes are only first and second generation Americans. And there's a lot of athletes from other counties that train and go to school in the US.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Thread   The Sports Thread - Page 20 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Sports Thread
Page 20 of 23Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next