Random Thoughts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Random Thoughts. This forum is for everything, whatever we feel like discussing. Nothing is off-topic. Go for it!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Movie talk

Go down 
+14
Mike`
badromancexx
Shanna_
eli_
Melissa
Jugz da' Clown
Dina
Alison DiLaurentis
House Carl
Span_ski
Charles
mardou
MissLilly
Isa
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 22 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
cinco

cinco

Movie talk - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Movie talk - Page 16 EmptyMon May 21, 2012 11:00 am

Yeah, I know. Still, the ending saddens me. (and that song doesn't help either tongue )
It's just... that movie contains so much truth regarding falling in love.
Almost to a painful degree. (and not unlike '500 Days of Summer' which had a lighter tone yet contained the same cautionary tale in its clever ordering of scenes)

Back to top Go down
Jugz da' Clown

Jugz da' Clown

PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Movie talk - Page 16 EmptyTue May 22, 2012 12:21 am

I love Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind too! I also love Yes Man.

Finally saw Dark Shadows yesterday. It was awesome! I loved the tone of it. It was so weirdly humorous and gothic. Love that.
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Movie talk - Page 16 EmptyTue May 22, 2012 4:30 am

Yes Man is the only JC film I've liked. There's just something about him that irritates me. I really want to like him because people say a lot of good things about his other films, but I just can't.
Back to top Go down
cinco

cinco

PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Movie talk - Page 16 EmptyTue May 22, 2012 4:33 am

Jugz da' Clown wrote:
Finally saw Dark Shadows yesterday. It was awesome! I loved the tone of it. It was so weirdly humorous and gothic. Love that.

It was surprisingly good. And I originally doubted about seeing it because the trailer was so bad. Really, what were they thinking when they made that trailer?
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Movie talk - Page 16 EmptyTue May 22, 2012 4:39 am

I haven't seen the trailer. Was it really that awful? I did think the film was brilliant, though. JD does camp so well.
Back to top Go down
cinco

cinco

PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Movie talk - Page 16 EmptyTue May 22, 2012 4:55 am

The trailer made it seem as if it was a hyperkinetic ubercampy avalanche, totally lacking the dark poetry which the movie also contained.
Back to top Go down
cinco

cinco

PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Movie talk - Page 16 EmptyTue May 22, 2012 6:49 am

Isa wrote:

My bet is that is going to fall. At the same time, everything seems so perfect at the end, it's just weird.

I was still thinking about 'Inception' and then I found this.
An interesting analysis that convinces me even more that he's still dreaming.

Quote :
In retrospect, the final minutes wrapped up really quickly and perfectly. After the moment of tension at the first customs stop, Cobb breezed through the rest of the airport, met up with Miles who, without much chit-chat at all, led him straight to the kids, who were outside playing in the same position as in the dreams (Were they also wearing the same clothes as in the dreams? Were they the same age? How long had he been away?), and quickly turned around and jumped up into their daddy’s arms. Sure, it could’ve just been a tidy dénouement. No real dialogue or additional tension was required. Saito put in the call as he said he would, Miles was notified to pick up Cobb at the airport, done and done. But still, I kept thinking, as I walked out of that theater, that it all seemed a lot like a “dream come true,” devoid of any of the nuance and hiccups that clog up reality.
Back to top Go down
cinco

cinco

PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Movie talk - Page 16 EmptyTue May 29, 2012 7:11 am

Yesterday was the first time that I saw The Shawshank Redemption.
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Movie talk - Page 16 EmptyTue May 29, 2012 7:19 am

Uhm... I've never actually watched all of that film. I'm not sure why though because I enjoyed the parts that I have seen.
Back to top Go down
cinco

cinco

PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Movie talk - Page 16 EmptyTue May 29, 2012 7:26 am

Movie talk - Page 16 Thumbnail

Dear Fellas. I can't believe how fast things move on the outside. I saw an automobile once when I was a kid, but now they're everywhere. The world went and got itself in a big damn hurry. The parole board got me into this halfway house called the Brewer, and a job bagging groceries at the Food-Way. It's hard work. I try to keep up, but my hands hurt most of the time. I don't think the store manager likes me very much. Sometimes after work I go to the park and feed the birds. I keep thinking Jake might just show up and say hello. But he never does. I hope wherever he is, he's doing okay and making new friends. I have trouble sleeping at night. I have -- bad dreams, like I'm falling. I wake up scared. Sometimes it takes me a while to remember where I am. Maybe I should get me a gun and rob the Food-Way, so they'd send me home. I could shoot the manager while I was at it, sort of like a bonus. I guess I'm too old for that sort of nonsense anymore. I don't like it here. I'm tired of being afraid all the time. I've decided not to stay. I doubt they'll kick up any fuss. Not for an old crook like me.

Back to top Go down
cinco

cinco

PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Movie talk - Page 16 EmptyWed May 30, 2012 4:34 am

I saw "De rouille et D'os" (starring Marion Cotillard) yesterday.

Movie talk - Page 16 Film-pas_-de-rouille-et-_d-os_marion-cotillard
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Movie talk - Page 16 EmptyWed May 30, 2012 5:05 pm

Just came home from the cinema. Watched Men in Black 3. It was okay. Had some funny lines and moments, and a tearworthy moment in the end. Not typically my kind of movie though, and I have only seen bits and pieces of the first one a long time ago. It didn't feel like the kind of movie where you must have seen the others to get it either. Though I suppose everyone knows the basics of MiB regardless.
Back to top Go down
http://a-lot-of-heart-a-little-crazy.tumblr.com/
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Movie talk - Page 16 EmptyWed May 30, 2012 6:53 pm

I watched MIB3 tonight too. Best line was when
Spoiler:
ROFL
Back to top Go down
Jugz da' Clown

Jugz da' Clown

PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Movie talk - Page 16 EmptyWed May 30, 2012 9:03 pm

cinco wrote:

Did you like it? I love that movie.
Back to top Go down
cinco

cinco

PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Movie talk - Page 16 EmptyThu May 31, 2012 5:52 am

Jugz da' Clown wrote:
cinco wrote:

Did you like it? I love that movie.

The music score in it is definitely superb.
And yeah, great characterization and pacing.
I thought I wouldn't like the movie that much because of the prison theme, but that didn't turn out to be a hurdle.
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Movie talk - Page 16 EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 6:32 am

Just watched Gone, w/Amanda Seyfried. It was awesome! There was one moment in the beginning of the movie where the acting was a bit cringeworthy, but otherwise good.
Was at the edge of my seat watching this one. LOVED the ending!
Back to top Go down
http://a-lot-of-heart-a-little-crazy.tumblr.com/
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Movie talk - Page 16 EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 6:57 am

I saw a crappy James Bond movie yesterday; A View to Kill. It was so bad it was fun.
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Movie talk - Page 16 EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 7:08 am

Thats my favourite James Bond movie Laughing
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Movie talk - Page 16 EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 8:21 am

I don't think I've ever watched a whole Bond film...
Back to top Go down
Mike`

Mike`

PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Movie talk - Page 16 EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 8:48 am

Blasphemous Charlie!
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Movie talk - Page 16 EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 8:53 am

I'd go for that one then Charlie... good supporting cast... Christopher Walken is the bad guy with Grace Jones as his hench-woman.... It's a good one! There's a scene with James Bond v a blimp on the Golden Gate Bridge... you can't beat that tongue

Duran Duran did a catchy little number for the title music too Laughing
Back to top Go down
cinco

cinco

PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Movie talk - Page 16 EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 10:08 am

I watched Reservoir Dogs yesterday.
Last time I saw that one must have been when I saw it on a videocassette at the end of the nineties. And that version was totally cropped.
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Movie talk - Page 16 EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 10:10 am

*shrug* @ Mike

I'm sure I'll watch one one day.
Back to top Go down
cinco

cinco

PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Movie talk - Page 16 EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 10:14 am

To be honest, Bond-movies don't appeal to me either.
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Movie talk - Page 16 EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 4:30 pm

We just saw Dr. No. That's a much better Bond.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Movie talk - Page 16 Empty

Back to top Go down

Movie talk
Page 16 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 22 ... 28  Next