Welcome to Random Thoughts. This forum is for everything, whatever we feel like discussing. Nothing is off-topic. Go for it!

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Movie talk

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
House Carl

PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:25 am

Ha, saw that new The Thing. It was a prequel to the '82 Carpenter movie... and IMO didn't completely suck (which was my prediction). The guys who made it must have been fans of the original, cuz it was full of references to that one...

But damn... CGI gore and slime just doesn't match up to the original physical special effects work. And there was no Kurt Russel and Keith David.
Back to top Go down
Isa

PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:48 pm

Just got back from the movies (I'm also happy my favorite mall has now an independent films circuit). I saw Un Cuento Chino and I really like it. As usual, there's rare sensibility. And Darin is great, also as usual.

Argentine cinema, I love you.
Back to top Go down
House Carl

PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:56 am

Thinking of watching a bunch of Christmas movies this December that I haven't seen before, in addition to some "classics" I'm thinking of rewatching. Bit of a movie watching project for me, leading up to the 24th.

Starting with "Scrooge" from 1970 today.
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:05 am

Yeah, my friends have been doing the same thing every Sunday afternoon. 2 Christmas films.

Unfortunately I keep missing them doing other things, but I really want to watch all the films I watched at Christmas when I was a kid again. I really wanted to watch Home Alone the other day. I hadn't thought about that film for ages!

I think I'm going to do that this week... watch loads of Christmassy films smile
Back to top Go down
House Carl

PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:32 am

Heh, Christmas movies are like Christmas food: good, as long as you only watch/eat them during that one time of the year. Will get dull otherwise.

Gremlins! Have to remember to watch that at one point. A childhood favorite, and a "Christmas" movie to boot... they really don't make movies like that anymore. Most comedy is stupid, and most horror is just gore or plain has no humor at all. I liked the tongue in cheek attitude many of the classic horror/"comedy" type of films from the 80's had...
Back to top Go down
House Carl

PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:40 pm

That 1970 Scrooge movie was a musical. With just about the worst songs I've ever heard... The perfs were ok, and the movie was otherwise above average as Xmas stuff goes. Good classic actors involved too.
Back to top Go down
House Carl

PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:50 pm

Another day, another new (for me) Xmas film.

"The Lemon Drop Kid", a fifties Bob Hope comedy. Was ok... some good gags, but dated, and I say that as a fan of classic cinema. Supposedly this was the movie that introduced "Silver Bells" to the world.

A bit of useless Cineaste trivia: It wasn't "White Christmas" that introduced the classic Xmas song of the same name, but an earlier movie, "Holiday Inn".
Back to top Go down
Isa

PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:01 pm

The Devil Wears Prada was on. It's silly, but I feel the need to rewatch it whenever I find it playing on TV. It's such a fun movie, it never gets old. And it's always playing on my cable and on different channels, so strange.
Back to top Go down
mardou

PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:09 pm

Apocalypse Now is on TCM. It never stops blowing my mind. naya rivera
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:18 pm

It's weird how some movies always keeps replaying on some channels.
I swear some channels must have a few favorite movies or something that they keep replaying, because it's not like there's a lack of movies to pick from.

Girl, Interrupted was on here. I love Angelina Jolie in that one I love you
Back to top Go down
http://a-lot-of-heart-a-little-crazy.tumblr.com/
Isa

PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:28 pm

MissLilly wrote:
I swear some channels must have a few favorite movies or something that they keep replaying, because it's not like there's a lack of movies to pick from.

Exactly. Here it's always The Devil Wears Prada, Notting Hill (also love this one) and lately Inglorious Basterds.

Last edited by Blue Zeppelin on Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:33 pm

MissLilly wrote:

Awesome movie..... she was seriously amazing in it.

Apparently it screwed with her head though. Like she got into a really weird state of mind off-set.
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:51 pm

Well, she did play a seriously unstable girl, so maybe it was difficult to "turn it off" after takes?
I don't know. I imagine it being like when us normal people take our job with us home at the end of the day, lol!

Or do you mean it screwed her up forever?

She's a great actress though! Too bad she doesn't usually play in movies that I have an interest in.

Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:24 pm

MissLilly wrote:
Well, she did play a seriously unstable girl, so maybe it was difficult to "turn it off" after takes?
I don't know. I imagine it being like when us normal people take our job with us home at the end of the day, lol!

Or do you mean it screwed her up forever?

She's a great actress though! Too bad she doesn't usually play in movies that I have an interest in.

Yeah, that's what happened.

Not forever haha.
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:35 pm

LOL! That's good then!
Back to top Go down
mardou

PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:44 am

I truly believe that in "Gia" Angelina was sometimes just being herself Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Isa

PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:49 pm

Girl, Interrupted is now on here. LOL

Last week I bought The English Patient on blu-ray. It's my favorite movie ever. I saw it for the first time when I was 13 and it had a such an impact on me. It's so nice to see that after all those years it still has the same impact.
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:12 pm

I now have the Glee3D movie in my possession!
Yay.
Back to top Go down
Dina

PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:27 pm

voteforalice1 wrote:
I now have the Glee3D movie in my possession!
Yay.

Are there any good specials on it?
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:14 pm

- "Exclusive hilarious Sue Sylvester introductions
- Apparently "Dog days are over" and "Friday" are on it.
- Extended performances of "Aint no way" and "Happy days are here again/Get happy"
- On stage with the cast/Kurt's proposal (idk what this is)
- Backstage with the cast featurette.

I haven't actually watched it yet though.
Back to top Go down
Jugz da' Clown

PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:44 am

The last good movie I watched was Unknown with Liam Neeson. It wasn't as good as Taken, but it had the same feel.

I caught about an hour of Home Alone 2: Lost In New York on TV yesterday. That was definitely one of my favorite Christmas movies as a kid. But my absolute favorite is A Christmas Story. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Isa

PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:18 am

First trailer of The Hobbit. That's exciting! It gives me warm, family feelings, because I watched all 3 LOTR films with my sister, my dad and my stepmom year after year. It was like a family thing. I want that again next year.

Also, Galadriel. I love Cate Blanchett.
Back to top Go down
mardou

PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:37 pm

Hey BZ I know that you like Argetine films.. I've found this video. In my humble opinion one of the best national films. The scene is one of my favorites too. Take a look if you want to.

Ohh the Hobbit, It's been a long time since I read that one. I want to watch the movie so bad!
Back to top Go down
Isa

PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:27 pm

That was great, Mardou! Thanks! I'll have to check that out. I love Spanish. Such beautiful a beautiful language.

Btw, did you get a chance of watching Lavoura Arcaica?
Back to top Go down
mardou

PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:40 pm

I didn't. But only because I couldn't find a decent version with subtitles.

EDIT: I've found one. I'm watching it right now Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   

Back to top Go down

Movie talk
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 28Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 28  Next