Welcome to Random Thoughts. This forum is for everything, whatever we feel like discussing. Nothing is off-topic. Go for it!

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
mardou

PostSubject: Re: Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags   Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:08 pm

House Carl wrote:
Been rewatching Band of Brothers as a sort of (weird) lead-up to Christmas. Hell, been on a sort of weird WW2 amateur historian kick anyway (I tend to get hugely excited over stuff for limited periods of time)... Don't know if I'll try Pacific again tho. Love the setting, not so much the execution. BoB was a much stronger series IMO.

I agree. Band of Brothers is in another level. Pacific is not bad though, but not THAT good.
Back to top Go down
House Carl

PostSubject: Re: Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags   Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:21 am

BoB is even better than I remembered. Damn... Been a while since I watched that, kinda forgot. Embarassed

It really is too bad that Pacific was just "okay" to "mediocre". Not only does the Pacific War fascinate me, I'd actually like to go travelling to the southern seas myself. Go on some atoll with hundreds of kilometers of sea to the next shore, and just chill out lol. It just takes a bit of doing to get from here to there, and my sched is going to be a bit busy soon in any case...
Back to top Go down
Jugz da' Clown

PostSubject: Re: Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags   Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:20 am

Lol Anya.
Back to top Go down
Dina

PostSubject: Re: Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags   Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:29 am

Jugz da' Clown wrote:

I've seen both of those. I've been really into WWII history ever since I was about 10 or so. One of the effects of growing up on Army bases in Germany and being part Jewish, I guess.

Movie:
http://www.amazon.com/Europa-Marco-Hofschneider/dp/B00007KQ9X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1324893903&sr=8-1

and the auto-biography it is based on:
http://www.amazon.com/Europa-Solomon-Perel/dp/0471283649/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1324893903&sr=8-4

I was lucky enough to meet Sally Perel and I have never met a man like him. I strongly recommend his autobiography!
Sally Perel is a Jew who fled only with his brother from germany to russia during the 2nd WW. They were seperated on this flight somehow and Sally ends up in a russian orphanage and holds contact with his parents, who were already moved into one of the gettos, via letters.
When the germans attacked Russia they had to flee again, but were caught and had to go through an identity check - which of course would have ended in his death.

He told us, that he remembered that the people were seperated after the identity check: The jews were all brought into the forrest and immediately shot.
So he made a hole into the ground with his shoe, and threw his ID into it and when it was his turn he claimed that he lost it, but was "Volksdeutscher" (so a german,living abroad). Though they could have simply checked, whether he was a Jew or not, for some reason they believed him and took him with them as an interpreter, since he spoke German& russian fluently.
He joined the Hitlerjugend and took part in their lessons, always trying to hide the fact, that he himself is a jew.

There is so much more to this story and it's so unbelievable. Sometimes truth is stranger than fiction could ever be. He survived within the walls of the enemy.
So really: If you are interested in the WW2, you should definitely read his story.

In school you talk a lot about the second worldwar here, for a great amount of time. Starting at how Hitler yould come to power, over the organizations that tried to fight it until the end.
And that's neccessary so that history will never repeat itself - and still, even after talking about it for years in different grades with different core themes, the story that will always stay with me the most, is Sally's.

Even if you're not interested in the WW2, you should read it - imo everybody should read it!!!Or at least watch the movie Wink
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags   Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:18 pm

Kay, i'm on episode 5 of The Secret Circle, so i don't want any spoilers or hints (seriously nothing), but i totally ship Faye and Melissa. Faye just seems like she has a crush on her atm.
I will believe this till the end, so no one kill my buzz haha.
Faye is my favourite character, so if she turns out to be gay i will be super happy! My stomach totally flipped at one point in ep5, when possessed Melissa walks up to her and and says "there's nothing i wouldn't do for you"...it was hot...and now i need more bounce
Back to top Go down
Shanna_

PostSubject: Re: Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags   Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:23 pm

I'm partial to Diana on TSC. I think it's mostly because I really like Shelley Hennig. I'm such a soap opera nerd and she was my favorite characters on Days of Our Lives for a long time.
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags   Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:30 pm

The only one i really don't like in that cast is the main boy...i forgot his name- the one that's with Diana. I can't really put my finger on why though lol.
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags   Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:20 am

It's taking all my strength to wait a few hours to watch the next episode of TSC.

I wonder if there's an "i made the whole thing up in my head, didn't i?" Kurt gif.... I have a feeling i'm going to need it soon. Tongue
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags   Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:23 am

Damn it, Faye just said something heterosexual lol.
But...their scenes are so gay scratch ...... Anyway, still hoping so no spoilers Wink

EDIT- I take that back....i've stopped shipping them now sad little panda
Oh what could've been.
Still mourning.
I'm too disappointed about this. It's the lack of Glee i think. Need to get over itttt.
Back to top Go down
Jugz da' Clown

PostSubject: Re: Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags   Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:52 am

I do wonder what show the next big f/f ship will be on.
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags   Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:15 pm

Jugz da' Clown wrote:
I do wonder what show the next big f/f ship will be on.
Yeah i know, same.

Does anyone watch Rizzoli and Isles? Worth it?
Back to top Go down
Jugz da' Clown

PostSubject: Re: Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags   Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:39 am

I've never seen that show but I thought about buying it today, because I heard people say if has lesbian "vibes". Couldn't find it used though. The store was having a sale of buy any used DVD and get the second for $1. That's really good deal, but I ended up not getting anything. I was really close to getting The Good Wife S1 (which I never seen but heard good things about) and Criminal Minds S5. But CM was nearly $40 and I didn't want to spend that much. Plus I have seen CM S4 yet and I hate watching shows out of order. I was looking for used boxsets of Fringe S2 and Community S1, but I couldn't find those either.

Also, I've never really watched Nikita, but I think I'd like to get into it.
Back to top Go down
Sez

PostSubject: Re: Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags   Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:43 am

I'm a fan of these shows other than Glee:

Pretty Little Liars
Nikita
Lost Girl
Grey's Anatomy
Private Practice
Rizzoli & Isles
Skins UK
Back to top Go down
http://sezsisatotalgleekhehe.tumblr.com/
Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags   Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:13 am

Sez wrote:
I'm a fan of these shows other than Glee:

Pretty Little Liars
Nikita
Lost Girl
Grey's Anatomy
Private Practice
Rizzoli & Isles
Skins UK
So sooooon!

Watching TVD.... random point- you guys pronounced Elena differently to us smile
Back to top Go down
Isa

PostSubject: Re: Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags   Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:28 am

Jugz da' Clown wrote:
I've never seen that show but I thought about buying it today, because I heard people say if has lesbian "vibes". Couldn't find it used though. The store was having a sale of buy any used DVD and get the second for $1. That's really good deal, but I ended up not getting anything. I was really close to getting The Good Wife S1 (which I never seen but heard good things about) and Criminal Minds S5. But CM was nearly $40 and I didn't want to spend that much. Plus I have seen CM S4 yet and I hate watching shows out of order. I was looking for used boxsets of Fringe S2 and Community S1, but I couldn't find those either.

Also, I've never really watched Nikita, but I think I'd like to get into it.

Rizzoli & Isles has a lot of lesbian vibes! S1 is fun, nothing extraordinary, but fun. I saw the first episodes of S2 and I thought it was terrible, really terrible, so I gave up. I don't know if it gets better or not.

The Good Wife is fantastic! My favorite show right now. So, so clever. It has one of the most interesting women on TV: Kalinda, who's a bisexual and flirts with women on a regular basis. So that's a plus.

Nikita is fun and there's Maggie Q. Some actions scenes are really absurd and all, but I think S1 is pretty good. It reminds me of fun, crazy Alias. I still have to catch up with S2, I think saw only 6 or 7 episodes.
Back to top Go down
Isa

PostSubject: Re: Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags   Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:34 pm

Good times. sad little panda

Why killing Dana off??? Why, whyyyyyy???? angry
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags   Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:38 pm

^Nooooooooooo mad

Maybe i should rewatch TLW while Glee is on hiatus.
Back to top Go down
Isa

PostSubject: Re: Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags   Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:46 pm

Seriously, it was the dumbest decision ever! Evil or Very Mad

People should know to never kill a beloved TV character unless the actor really wants to leave or there's a way for the person's return (supernatural stuff and all).
Back to top Go down
Mike`

PostSubject: Re: Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags   Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:05 pm

Love Futurama.
Back to top Go down
Dina

PostSubject: Re: Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags   Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:41 am

voteforalice1 wrote:

Watching TVD.... random point- you guys pronounced Elena differently to us smile

It's probably Elena instead of Elena?!

Here we pronounce Stefan like Shtefan ("St" is always a "Sht" like 'Shit')
[/end random]
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags   Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:43 am

^nice to know haha

They say it like "Elayna" -- were like "Elena" ...idk how else to describe it loll.
Back to top Go down
Charles

PostSubject: Re: Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags   Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:29 am

I don't even remember how we pronounce it anymore because in the last few months in the hotel we've had a a Canadian Alana, a German Elena, a German Elana and a French Elena. My head is all confused!
Back to top Go down
eli_

PostSubject: Re: Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags   Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:09 pm

Finally watching Parks & Recreation! I'm mid season 2
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags   Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:13 pm

Charlie wrote:
I don't even remember how we pronounce it anymore because in the last few months in the hotel we've had a a Canadian Alana, a German Elena, a German Elana and a French Elena. My head is all confused!
Ha!

---
Revenge is back soon too! Yay.
Back to top Go down
Isa

PostSubject: Re: Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags   Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:12 pm

voteforalice1 wrote:
Ha!

---
Revenge is back soon too! Yay.

Yeah, I need Victoria Grayson back in my life.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags   

Back to top Go down

Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next