Random Thoughts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Random Thoughts. This forum is for everything, whatever we feel like discussing. Nothing is off-topic. Go for it!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Random Thoughts XVII

Go down 
+10
Tuk17
Mike`
Shanna_
Sez
Alison DiLaurentis
Charles
Span_ski
MissLilly
Dina
Isa
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 33 ... 43  Next
AuthorMessage
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

Random Thoughts XVII - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVII   Random Thoughts XVII - Page 24 EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 7:11 am

Im one of those people who fear public speaking more than death so i don't know how ill be fine.... im going to see if i can get special consideration. Chicken out.

Anyway hows stuff? Have you had your sisters wedding?
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVII   Random Thoughts XVII - Page 24 EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 7:14 am

I used to be like that too, still am a bit. Seriously I couldn't read out loud in class at school or anything, it would render me mute.

It is horrible, but I promise it gets better smile
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVII   Random Thoughts XVII - Page 24 EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 7:18 am

Oh yeah, we had my sisters wedding in May thanks. It all went well, my parents didn't kill each other, no one made an idiot of themselves lol. I should post some pics at some point. smile

My best friends wedding is in a month too. That one should be less stressful. I'm looking forward to it smile

How's things with you apart from uni?
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVII   Random Thoughts XVII - Page 24 EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 7:19 am

You'll be fine, Rosie. The best thing to do is over prepare then that way you'll know exactly what you're on about and you'll be able to cope with whatever is thrown your way.
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVII   Random Thoughts XVII - Page 24 EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 8:14 am

Yeah man, post some pics :-) And it's nice to hear people saying it gets better. Hope so.... Charlie, ive heard that over-preparing is the best way to deal with the anxiety.

Apart from uni, theres been a lot going on... Ill save that for another post.
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVII   Random Thoughts XVII - Page 24 EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 8:22 am

Hmm I'm curious, Rosie!
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVII   Random Thoughts XVII - Page 24 EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 9:08 am

Its probably the last thing youd expect tongue

I shall post tomorrow in my lunch break.
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVII   Random Thoughts XVII - Page 24 EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 9:21 am

The anticipation is killing me! tongue
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVII   Random Thoughts XVII - Page 24 EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 9:28 am

dun dunnnn
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVII   Random Thoughts XVII - Page 24 EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 10:05 am

LOL why are you doing this to us, Rosie??? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVII   Random Thoughts XVII - Page 24 EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 10:08 am

really though im joking around, it's not that exciting tongue I just cbf typing it all while im watching OINTB.

Bed time anywayyyyy! Goodnight all xx
Back to top Go down
Tuk17

Tuk17

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVII   Random Thoughts XVII - Page 24 EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 10:18 am

I bet it was exciting^^^^ tongue
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVII   Random Thoughts XVII - Page 24 EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 12:20 pm

Alison DiLaurentis wrote:
really though im joking around, it's not that exciting tongue I just cbf typing it all while im watching OINTB.

Bed time anywayyyyy! Goodnight all xx

It's just that this emoticon you're using gives me ideas. asd 
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVII   Random Thoughts XVII - Page 24 EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 6:12 pm

Ha! Isa... Behave. Lol.
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVII   Random Thoughts XVII - Page 24 EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 11:58 pm

Actually that emoticon is related to what im about to say Wink ...... i kid asd 

Just a warning... some of you are going to reead this and either think im a total asshole of a person OR im totally creepy and going to end up in jail.

My story... So lately for some reason ive been getting a shitload of attention from men. I dont know why but within the space of 2 weeks i had like 4 guys try to get serious with me... Anyway, i decided that because its so fucking hard finding girls, im going to meet by affection/sex/attachment needs through one of these guys... So! I started going out with this guy Joe, who i was in a relationship with for 2 months and just a couple days ago we broke up (because he's really oversensitive and a huge man-child, and apparently im over critical of him Laughing ) .... Anyway Joe is kind of moderately attractive. not great.... From the very beginning of our relationship (and until now) i was/have been cheating on him with a very attractive 30 y/o guy named Karl. I think the reason i chose to do that was purely because i was bored and wanted to try new things.... Turns out im still a lesbian!! But a bored one...
Also, part of the reason ive been fucking around with guys is as a distraction... I'm trying to distract myself from a fucking obsession ive developed over a counsellor ive been seeing at Uni. Ill call her -H because i feel bad giving her name over the internet, but shes a massive cutie, and she knows of my obsession. She liked me too! (not in that way, but as a person. we would laugh a lot in sessions and stuff, and she broke the rules and gave me extra sessions too). Unfortunately ive had to stop seeing her recently because theres only so long she can break the rules for... Buuuuut my infatuation with her is still there and im sorttttaaa wanting to know everything about her!!! I want to know where she lives man!! Not so i can be creepy and stalk her, but just for the mystery of it. I want to be able to "figure it out"... I know the general area in sydney where she lives, and where her gym is (through facebook - which was hard to find because psychologists tend to change their names).... Anyway, part of the reason i was with Joe is because i know he lives NEAR her, like in the same general part of sydney, and i was hoping that when i was at his house i might run into her on the streets or something?? GUYS SHES ADORABLE...... But im gonna see another counsellor about this obsession because ive always had a tendency (since early adolescence) to attach myself to older professional females e.g. teachers etc (its a mummy issue blah blah).
Everyone in my life knows about it, my friends will even help me!! Liek we will sit in a cafe that i know she goes to just so i can see her (her face makes me happy man). But people are also telling me to stop in case she takes out a restraining order against me haha.... I dont think anyone has ever made me this crazy... its fucked up... BUT I promise im not a crazy serial killer or violent stalker... i just have an out of control crush.

So thats whats been going on in my life: Boyfriend, fuck buddy and obsession... also 2 jobs which are both over now.

im already regretting writing that...

-----
P.s. Does anyone know a band named Smudge?? I'm thinking Han is most likely to know them.
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVII   Random Thoughts XVII - Page 24 EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 4:21 am

Christ, Rosie. That's... I don't even know what that is. All I know is that one of us needs to get our arse to Sydney and show you that there are actually nice, available girls out there before you get yourself into trouble.

I feel you on the hot older ladies though. And I can understand why it might be nice to 'run' into her. But what do you think you will achieve? If you really like this person how will you feel if they get to the point where they might feel a restraining order is necessary?
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVII   Random Thoughts XVII - Page 24 EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 5:10 am

Yeah, I agree with Charlie. I'm not sure what to say too, but I definitely think that this whole thing is not healthy. It's time to hold back and think a bit before you do something bad. It seems to me you're following a dangerous path and you might regret it in the future. I too get obsessed about certain things sometimes, but I know it will wear off in a matter of days/weeks. I get tired and move on to another little obsession, and life goes on.

I think you might need sometime on your own, no boys, no girls, try to avoid this lady, try to go to the movies, keep yourself busy with other things. And please, let go of this trying to find where she lives, like, honestly, not healthy!
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVII   Random Thoughts XVII - Page 24 EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 5:10 am

And what is this counsellor exactly? It might be good for you to see a therapist.

I went to see a therapist some years ago after a bad break-up and it helped me a lot!
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVII   Random Thoughts XVII - Page 24 EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 5:30 am

I've never been to a councillor or therapist, personally. I don't doubt that it's hugely beneficial though.
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVII   Random Thoughts XVII - Page 24 EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 5:38 am

It depends on a lot of things. I think seeing a therapist is in a way a lot like a friendship or a love relationship, you need good chemestry, otherwise it just might not work. There's a bit of luck involved. I have friends who had awful experiences with therapists who would always make them cry or would never say anything, just kept making questions. My personal experience was great. We had great talks and she used to talk a lot, which I found really useful. I started therapy because of a relantionship and my friends were so biased against my ex it was super difficult for me to talk about it with them. In the end, it was just really good to talk to someone who was not personally involved with my stuff and could see the whole panorama with different eyes.

Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVII   Random Thoughts XVII - Page 24 EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 5:44 am

Yeah, that makes sense. No point in going if every time you're there your life feels instantly more miserable, is there?
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVII   Random Thoughts XVII - Page 24 EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 5:49 am

Exactly how I feel too, Charlie.

Btw, my latest obsession (after Orange is the New Black) is Chicago. There's like 95% of chances that I'll move there next July. What sucks is that I won't know till May next year, which makes me really anxious. I'm so bored here these days. I can't stand anymore not being able to go to supermarket and buy my own food, being at home the whole time, and simple things like that. I think I might go really crazy once I'm living in a city where I can walk outside and no one will stare at me like I'm an alien.
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVII   Random Thoughts XVII - Page 24 EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 6:39 am

Yeah your responses are pretty much the same as everyone else's in my life. I understand what you're all saying.... It's just so tempting to try to run into her (or even not speak to her, just see her). If i actually do run into her though she will know for sure that it was intentional (which is awkward).
Quote :
I think you might need sometime on your own, no boys, no girls, try to avoid this lady, try to go to the movies, keep yourself busy with other things. And please, let go of this trying to find where she lives, like, honestly, not healthy!
It's totally unhealthy. It's very strange, im surprised im feeling like this.... I don't know how much keeping me busy will help, but i will try what i can. It's annoyingly persistent...  I just looked up her facebook dammit.... At least i can recognise that its fucked up - better than some people....... I'm also really good at figuring shit out, so it makes it fun for me. Its like Pretty Little Liars - finding cluuueeees.
Quote :
If you really like this person how will you feel if they get to the point where they might feel a restraining order is necessary?
Yeah i know Sad She said the same thing to me actually! We've spoken about it pretty openly.... Yeah man, come to Sydney and help me out.
And Isa, by "counsellor" i mean psychologist/therapist smile
Quote :
It depends on a lot of things. I think seeing a therapist is in a way a lot like a friendship or a love relationship, you need good chemestry, otherwise it just might not work. There's a bit of luck involved. I have friends who had awful experiences with therapists who would always make them cry or would never say anything, just kept making questions. My personal experience was great. We had great talks and she used to talk a lot, which I found really useful. I started therapy because of a relantionship and my friends were so biased against my ex it was super difficult for me to talk about it with them. In the end, it was just really good to talk to someone who was not personally involved with my stuff and could see the whole panorama with different eyes.
Yeah this is very true.... -H and I really have good chemistry and she agrees. We're so casual around each other.

Isa wrote:
Btw, my latest obsession (after Orange is the New Black) is Chicago. There's like 95% of chances that I'll move there next July. What sucks is that I won't know till May next year, which makes me really anxious. I'm so bored here these days. I can't stand anymore not being able to go to supermarket and buy my own food, being at home the whole time, and simple things like that. I think I might go really crazy once I'm living in a city where I can walk outside and no one will stare at me like I'm an alien.
When you say Chicago, are you talking the city or the movie... or a TV show i've never heard of? tongue
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVII   Random Thoughts XVII - Page 24 EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 6:44 am

The city! Laughing

I'm glad you shared this with us, Rosie. I hope it will help you.
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVII   Random Thoughts XVII - Page 24 EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 6:58 am

It will be awesome if you actually get to go there, Isa. I would be sick of it by now if I were in your situation.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVII   Random Thoughts XVII - Page 24 Empty

Back to top Go down

Random Thoughts XVII
Page 24 of 43Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 33 ... 43  Next