Random Thoughts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Random Thoughts. This forum is for everything, whatever we feel like discussing. Nothing is off-topic. Go for it!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Random Thoughts XVI

Go down 
+11
cinco
MissLilly
Sez
Dina
Isa
Mike`
Charles
Span_ski
Shanna_
Alison DiLaurentis
Jugz da' Clown
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Isa

Isa

Random Thoughts XVI - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVI   Random Thoughts XVI - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 12:44 am

That's great, Lilly! Very impressive actually.

Congrats! Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVI   Random Thoughts XVI - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 2:15 am

SNOW DAY!!! First one in ages. yahoo
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVI   Random Thoughts XVI - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 5:33 am

SNOW DAY HERE TOO!!! yahoo

You know if we get snow in Liverpool the rest of the country must be blanketed lol.
Back to top Go down
Romee

Romee

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVI   Random Thoughts XVI - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 8:21 am

I only like snow during Christmas Cool Glad that I don't have to go outside, because this country is ridiculous regarding public transportation when there's a 2 cm layer of snow.

And lol, why is everyone working out? You gotta tell me your secrets if I find out I have to quit my studies next week because I suck. Meaning, 7 months of trying to fill in the free time.
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVI   Random Thoughts XVI - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 8:57 am

Lol... which country are you in Romee? It's the same here in UK. The trains are all messed up. The roads are a mess etc
Back to top Go down
Romee

Romee

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVI   Random Thoughts XVI - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 9:52 am

Ugh, yeah exactly. I live in The Netherlands.

I mean, as far I've heard, in Switzerland the trains are just fine, and look what landscape and weather conditions they have to deal with. It's insane.

lol, I'm sorry, but I just find it annoying how it's all they talk about on the news. "longest traffic jam ever!" blablabla "less trains, more complaints" blablabla, "snoooww!". It's not like there are wars to report on, right?
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVI   Random Thoughts XVI - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 10:05 am

Yeah, i know what you mean. Like they cope just fine in Russia and places Shrug

I still wanna build a snowman though lol
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVI   Random Thoughts XVI - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 1:26 pm

My squash date was cancelled because of the snow. Sad
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVI   Random Thoughts XVI - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 2:08 pm

You guys sound like you've snowed in or something Laughing
Are your countries really that unprepared for some snow? That comes every year?
Back to top Go down
http://a-lot-of-heart-a-little-crazy.tumblr.com/
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVI   Random Thoughts XVI - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 2:19 pm

Yep pretty much Lilly! My hometown (Liverpool) doesn't get snow all that often because it's on the coast and typically has mild weather because of the gulf stream.

But yeah, London grinds to a halt after the first snowflake hits it... it's a bit pathetic Laughing

Both my parents are in the countryside in N Wales though, and it gets pretty bad up there, but they do get snow pretty much every year. They're better equipped, but in the mountains driving isn't a sensible option unless you really have to.
Back to top Go down
Dina

Dina

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVI   Random Thoughts XVI - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 6:41 am

let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

Random Thoughts XVI - Page 6 Img_0111
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVI   Random Thoughts XVI - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 7:10 am

Those flashing lights come from everywhere, the way they hit her i just stop and stare. I'm lovestoned and I could swear that she knows, I think that she knows, oh ohhhh.

Just rediscovered this song today. Obsessed with that bit.
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVI   Random Thoughts XVI - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 7:13 am

That prolly could have gone in the music thread, but I'm tired.

<3
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVI   Random Thoughts XVI - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 7:28 am

That's cool Rosie smile Nothing wrong with a bit of Justin

It looks very pretty where you are Dina. I wish I'd taken a few more pictures here before the snow started to melt.
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVI   Random Thoughts XVI - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 8:04 pm

To the snow people... And this is such a dumbass question but is the snow like a really fine small-crystals of ice sort of texture or is it more like...crunchy?
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVI   Random Thoughts XVI - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 3:50 am

When it first falls its like super soft and fine, but as it starts to melt it gets more crunchy

Also Good morning Wave
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVI   Random Thoughts XVI - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 4:07 am

It does make very nice crunchy sound under foot even when it's only just fallen.
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVI   Random Thoughts XVI - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 4:17 am

I like crunchy sounds smile Like walking over little rocks.

---
Also, whats a normal amount of times to get rejected when applying for jobs. I've gone to 2 bars/pubs and one said they "weren't hiring" (which idk, is that code for we don't like you?) and the other place said they couldn't hire within the next month because they were being taken over by another company (who may not want more staff, blah blah), which was fair enough.

How do you know when people take one look at you/your demeanor and think "hmm not for us", or when they genuinely aren't hiring right now?

UGH.
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVI   Random Thoughts XVI - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 4:36 am

Sounds like you're being paranoid. smile
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVI   Random Thoughts XVI - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 4:54 am

I've had a shed load of rejections Rosie... I don't think it you smile . Just a crap global economy
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVI   Random Thoughts XVI - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 5:14 am

Clubs is where I'm going next on my search for alternative employment. Lol. Thing is, I wouldn't want to have to travel all the way to Cardiff (where I could almost definitely get a job in the club I used to work in) for a minimum wage job because I'd spend all my wages in petrol. So I'm going to have to look in Newport... Should be interesting.
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVI   Random Thoughts XVI - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 6:27 am

Do you guys need a liquor/gambling license to work in bars/pubs over there?

Span_ski wrote:
I've had a shed load of rejections Rosie... I don't think it you smile . Just a crap global economy
smile
Not giving up.
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVI   Random Thoughts XVI - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 6:48 am

The individual doesn't need to have the license, the owner of the establishment needs one and in turn they are ulimately responsible for all the goings on involving said alcohol etc. - regardless of who serves it. Although, the person serving the alcohol needs to be 18+.
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVI   Random Thoughts XVI - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 9:52 am

I've had far too much caffeine so far today.

I'm a bit wired and can't seem to focus on one task without getting distracted by something else...
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVI   Random Thoughts XVI - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 9:54 am

Watched much TV today? Lmao. I've had a few too many cups of tea, mind. I'm starting to feel a tad sick.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVI   Random Thoughts XVI - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Random Thoughts XVI
Page 6 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next