Random Thoughts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Random Thoughts. This forum is for everything, whatever we feel like discussing. Nothing is off-topic. Go for it!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Random Thoughts XIII

Go down 
+10
MissLilly
Shanna_
Jugz da' Clown
Span_ski
Mike`
Dina
cinco
Sez
eli_
Alison DiLaurentis
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
eli_

eli_

Random Thoughts XIII - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 36 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 3:56 pm

Mike` wrote:
What holiday is tomorrow? yahoo
I looked it up and you guys don't even have a word for it!
It's a let's-celebrate-mid-august-thingy?
Religion wise I guess it's the day when Mary died and got into heaven, although according to the church she didn't actually die, she got in body and soul because she was the mother of Jesus and stuff.
Back to top Go down
Mike`

Mike`

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 36 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 4:47 pm

Oh true, I kind of figured it'd be a religious holiday or whatever. Either way, a day off is always a great thing! smile

That being said, Canadians had a long weekend one of the last two weeks (We had the Monday off) for some civil holiday, so I guess that could be close? Although ours has no basis, it's just a day the government shuts down and thus everything else too. Shrug
Back to top Go down
eli_

eli_

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 36 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 5:20 pm

Cool! is it the same day every year, or does it change according to when the governemnt takes a break?

The W13 editor in chief every tuesday night posts a long report about the team's work, snd under everyone's name there's a detailed list of what exactly they fucked up in the translation, but under my name for the third week in a row there's only "Perfect job, Eli" blush
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 36 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 5:36 pm

Well done, you! smile
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 36 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 5:50 pm

eli_ wrote:
Cool! is it the same day every year, or does it change according to when the governemnt takes a break?

The W13 editor in chief every tuesday night posts a long report about the team's work, snd under everyone's name there's a detailed list of what exactly they fucked up in the translation, but under my name for the third week in a row there's only "Perfect job, Eli" blush

Very Happy Awesome yahoo and Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
Shanna_

Shanna_

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 36 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 6:10 pm

Congrats Eli!!
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 36 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 1:43 am

That's great, Eli! Thumbs Up

I've just received an email from my old boss in Brazil asking if she could try and take me to Brazil for 30 days because they need people. I would get my regular salary plus extra money for accommodation and stuff and I would be able to go to my hometown and visit my family. Not bad. Let's see if it works out.
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 36 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 2:18 am

That sounds like a sweet deal Isa! Fingers crossed it works out! smile
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 36 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 11:48 am

What's everyone up to?
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 36 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 1:52 pm

Just got back from dinner in probably the worst restaurant ever. It was supposed to be an Italian restaurant, tables were like gondolas in a swimming pool, hilarious! But the service was sooo awful, it took them 1h to bring food because they went to buy bread to make bruschettas. Waiters were absolutely stupid. At one the point one of the guys just came to our table and brought new glasses, but no one had asked for new glasses, and no one needed new glasses... They could not understand anything. Smoked salmon burguer also had chicken!!!!

Bizarre. Good for laughs though.
Back to top Go down
Dina

Dina

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 36 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 1:53 pm

Isa wrote:
Just got back from dinner in probably the worst restaurant ever. It was supposed to be an Italian restaurant, tables were like gondolas in a swimming pool, hilarious! But the service was sooo awful, it took them 1h to bring food because they went to buy bread to make bruschettas. Waiters were absolutely stupid. At one the point one of the guys just came to our table and brought new glasses, but no one had asked for new glasses, and no one needed new glasses... They could not understand anything. Smoked salmon burguer also had chicken!!!!

Bizarre. Good for laughs though.

lulz WTH???
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 36 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 2:04 pm

I know... They were so clueless, so stupid.
Back to top Go down
eli_

eli_

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 36 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 2:13 pm

Gordon Ramsay would have had an aneurysm in that place.
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 36 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 2:24 pm

I knew it was going to be trash, but it was worse than that.

When our food finally arrived some really awful noisy started, like drilling or something. LOL Evertything was just awful.

That's the place, too bad it was too dark.

Random Thoughts XIII - Page 36 540308_10151327510109018_1042360365_n
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 36 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 5:59 pm

Whilst the meal sounds awful, the evening sounds entertaining lulz
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 36 EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 4:32 am

Dead in here this morning...
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 36 EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 4:40 am

You talking about in work or on here, or both? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 36 EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 5:54 am

In here. Work is ridiculously busy. Lol
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 36 EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 5:59 am

Yeah, so quiet lately...

I had an awful morning. It was something I ate for breakfast. Feeling a bit better now. I guess spending some days in Germany just destroyed again my tolerance to food here.
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 36 EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 6:24 am

I hope you build your tolerance up soon mate smile

It is quieter yes. I know I haven't been posting as much as I used to since I got back.

I'm supposed to be meeting a friend for lunch, but I really don't think I can make it - I have too much to do.

I'm meant to be going back to Liverpool today too, and I really, really don't want to. The slow sense of dread is beginning to build....
Back to top Go down
Shanna_

Shanna_

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 36 EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 7:16 am

I think my tolerance to ibuprofen is getting too high. My month long stress headaches isn't finding relief with the pills anymore. I need my ibuprofen to work! So frustrating...
Back to top Go down
Sez

Sez

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 36 EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 9:08 am

Charlie wrote:
Where is everyone? Lol.

Working in Queensland lol tongue
Back to top Go down
http://sezsisatotalgleekhehe.tumblr.com/
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 36 EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 9:54 am

Queensland is beautiful Sez! I'm super jealous! smile
Back to top Go down
eli_

eli_

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 36 EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 3:46 pm

I had a Coccinelle pink bag hidden in my closet. Some idiotic cousin gave it to me for my 18th birthday and I kinda hid it and forgot all about it.
My mother just found it by accident, slammed it on my desk and yelled "why can't you act like a woman for a change??" hash
Even if I don't do fashion and I wear only jeans and tshirts, doesn't mean I'm not a woman.
I mean, how much of a weirdo would I look carrying around a thing like that?
Back to top Go down
Mike`

Mike`

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 36 EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 4:10 pm

Operation 21st-In-Cuba has a pre-emptive date set for Oct 5-12! I pick my courses for school on Tuesday, get my timetable Wednesday, and book before the week is out. Very Happy

Bought a bunch more clothes for it today too; I've spent $400 so far on just clothes for Cuba (That will later make awesome classy comfort clothes). hash

Also, I'm super excited for classes to start again!

Last edited by Mike` on Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 36 Empty

Back to top Go down

Random Thoughts XIII
Page 36 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next