Random Thoughts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Random Thoughts. This forum is for everything, whatever we feel like discussing. Nothing is off-topic. Go for it!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags II

Go down 
+12
Sez
Tuk17
mardou
Span_ski
Shanna_
Dina
Charles
MissLilly
Mike`
Isa
cinco
Jugz da' Clown
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags II - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags II   Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags II - Page 20 EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 9:32 am

Whhhatt? Ship it, Dana and Regina!
Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags II - Page 20 Tumblr_m2dr1yquuU1r2x6gco9_r2_250Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags II - Page 20 Tumblr_m2dr1yquuU1r2x6gco2_r4_250
Back to top Go down
Jugz da' Clown

Jugz da' Clown

PostSubject: Re: Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags II   Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags II - Page 20 EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 8:19 am

voteforalice1 wrote:
MissLilly wrote:
I can't bloody wait to have LG back! bounce
5-6 months
meh

noo

Well, that's not as long as the wait for Game of Thrones S3 atleast.

And The Walking Dead returns in two months! yahoo
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags II   Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags II - Page 20 EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 9:22 am

Long hiatuses are lame.
Back to top Go down
Sez

Sez

PostSubject: Re: Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags II   Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags II - Page 20 EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 11:49 am

I'm watching S1 of Glee atm lol
Back to top Go down
http://sezsisatotalgleekhehe.tumblr.com/
Mike`

Mike`

PostSubject: Re: Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags II   Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags II - Page 20 EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 7:06 pm

Hmmm, Miley Cyrus is set to play Jake's new girlfriend on Two & A Half Men.
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags II   Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags II - Page 20 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 4:15 am

Miley Cyrus, eh? I only recently watched a couple of episodes of Two & A Half Men with AK in it. It was aite.

Anyone watching True Blood?
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags II   Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags II - Page 20 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 7:44 am

This OUAT crack video is awesome. Seriously. The person ships Regina and Emma and it's hilarious.
Particularly at 5.20...
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags II   Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags II - Page 20 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 8:24 am

Wtf? Lana Parrilla pronounces her name "Parria"
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags II   Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags II - Page 20 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 8:33 am

Hahaha ROFL

That's funny! Ooo when's OUAT back?

I miss my shows sad little panda:

EDIT: The video, not the way Lana pronounces her name lol. 'll' in spanish gives a kind of ya sound, so that would make sense.

Last edited by Span_ski on Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mike`

Mike`

PostSubject: Re: Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags II   Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags II - Page 20 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 8:34 am

Her father was Puerto Rican though, so it makes sense; Spanish in the Caribbean tends to lose a lot of the harder sounds in pronunciation, specifically L's and J's. tongue
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags II   Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags II - Page 20 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 8:53 am

Ahhhh i see, yeah. I always assumed Parrilla was Italian and figured they'd pronounce the L's.
OUAT returns Sept 30 according to wiki smile

PLL has it's summer finale Aug 28 and after that it doesn't return till Jan Sad That's a long ass midseason hiatus
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags II   Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags II - Page 20 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 4:46 pm

That is a long wait Sad

---------

I'm watching Don't Tell the Bride with my sister and her fiance. My sister said it's like therapy, to show it could be worse. I'm not sure if it's meant to be this funny, but I haven't laughed this hard in ages Laughing
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags II   Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags II - Page 20 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 8:06 pm

It's like therapy ROFL

-----
Sorry, i know, more Lana. This interview is funny. They're basically flirting the whole time from 5.15 on. I'm jealous of him.
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags II   Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags II - Page 20 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 8:28 pm

Troian Bellisario and Jennifer Beals acting together...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=JKYfdO5LFDs
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags II   Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags II - Page 20 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 6:53 am

Lana seems like she'd be good fun based on that interview! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags II   Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags II - Page 20 EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 10:29 am

*feels pull towards Rizzoli&Isles* Not another oneeee. And these ones wont even end up together.
Angie Harmon is a little disappointing:
Quote :
"I hate to disappoint, but these characters are straight," Harmon insisted. "If we lose viewers because of it — sorry!"
Like jeez, relax.
Back to top Go down
Jugz da' Clown

Jugz da' Clown

PostSubject: Re: Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags II   Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags II - Page 20 EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 12:12 pm

Guess she's not like Lea.
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags II   Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags II - Page 20 EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 10:26 am

welp, look how protective she is :')
Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags II - Page 20 Tumblr_m5o9jfUH4n1qkthgko1_r1_250Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags II - Page 20 Tumblr_m5o9jfUH4n1qkthgko4_r1_250
It's ironic how gay Angie Harmon comes off as Jane.
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags II   Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags II - Page 20 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 2:29 am

I think Lana kisses that chick on the mouth at 30secs lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7l112H4zdk&sns=tw

Lana being pro-gay everyone.
That's a really sad speech.
Back to top Go down
Mike`

Mike`

PostSubject: Re: Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags II   Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags II - Page 20 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 7:32 am

voteforalice1 wrote:
*feels pull towards Rizzoli&Isles* Not another oneeee. And these ones wont even end up together.
Angie Harmon is a little disappointing:
Quote :
"I hate to disappoint, but these characters are straight," Harmon insisted. "If we lose viewers because of it — sorry!"
Like jeez, relax.

Eh, it's been kind of bugging me all the ladies of Tumblr who freak out over Rizzoli & Isles, and then freak out over how they're freaking out about it.

I guess it's the whole crackship thing, which I never really got. Along the same reasons I dislike Faberry I suspect, because they're so straight it hurts.

Anger Management season one is finished (All ten episodes), and they've already given the go-ahead by FX for another 90. hash
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags II   Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags II - Page 20 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 8:39 am

Rizzoli and Isles are wayyyy gayer than Faberry. Super gay. Have you seen some of the stuff on tumblr?
I think a lesbian created the show too. Idk.

Quote :
AE: So there are no plans to tone it down [the gayness] or try to show less of that?
JT: No. And it’s a living breathing thing now, it doesn’t belong to me anymore. So who knows. Like I said on Twitter, “Never say never.”
just read this :')
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags II   Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags II - Page 20 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 8:57 am

aaaand:
Quote :
AE: Speaking of never say never, what about in, say, Season 12, after one too many drinks at the Dirty Robber: Could Jane and Maura ever hook up?
JT: I say, who knows? Who knows? I am right now focused on writing episode 11 and that’s how I approach it. I’ve been a fan of certain television shows and wanted certain characters to get together and if that’s part of the appeal, part of why people watch, then God love them for coming and shoving their families out of the way and putting my show on.
Back to top Go down
Mike`

Mike`

PostSubject: Re: Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags II   Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags II - Page 20 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 9:00 am

Haha yeah, I've seen all the Tumblr stuff (Pretty sure 90% of the people I follow on Tumblr are young, gay women [Thank you Brittana fandom!!]), but I've also watched the show... and I don't see it until it's taken out of context and warped for the sake of a gifset.

I think it's mostly projection, which we're all guilty of in different forms. Taking something, and placing a personality or... whatever, on it because we as humans have a want and a need to see ourselves and our desires play out in front of us. The subtext is only there because people are looking for it (Although it's impossible to look at it from a completely objective context; human nature and all that). It's not wrong by any means, but as far as I can see, it's very much true.

It's the same as Warehouse 13, or Faberry with Glee; there's a lot more projection from the viewers than what's actually being presented.

voteforalice1 wrote:
aaaand:
Quote :
AE: Speaking of never say never, what about in, say, Season 12, after one too many drinks at the Dirty Robber: Could Jane and Maura ever hook up?
JT: I say, who knows? Who knows? I am right now focused on writing episode 11 and that’s how I approach it. I’ve been a fan of certain television shows and wanted certain characters to get together and if that’s part of the appeal, part of why people watch, then God love them for coming and shoving their families out of the way and putting my show on.

This is a negative issue though from my perspectiveh, there is pandering to audiences in which the projections are played up for ratings (Looking at the Faberry bathroom scenes mostly in this case), but I think that pandering by the execs and writers is an issue. The select fandom has projected their perspectives onto the characters, and the writers are looking at ways to throw bones (Pander) to that audience because they know (And explicitly say in your quote) that it will get them higher ratings, which leads to a bigger paycheque at the end of the day.

You can ultimately take anything out, put it on it's own platform (ie. a gif set), and present it in a far different way than if you had seen the befores and afters of the moment; and I think people are inherently going to look, and find, things that aren't necessarily designed to be there because of our desperate need to feel like we fit in and are accepted, and most importantly that we're not alone in our struggles. Hence, we project. The blame after that for anything more falls to the writers for using these wants and needs and projections to... essentially use (?) the audience and to gain from them.

It's not wrong, it never could be, but I think it's something that is very much true about human nature.
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags II   Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags II - Page 20 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 9:14 am

I know what you're saying about people projecting (it's true)... but apparently it's not only young gay girls. The general media has picked up on it too. I haven't actually seen a full episode yet (lol yeah), just clips, but i figured it must be quite obvious.

The writer of R&I actually said several times throughout that interview that she doesn't do the fan-pandering thing... in that quote she's just expressing her understanding of why a lot of fans want to see Rizzles together.

And yeah a lot of the fans are Brittana fans haha
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags II   Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags II - Page 20 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 9:19 am

bloopers that don't make me laugh tongue
Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags II - Page 20 Tumblr_m9e9kjQN951qbyihao1_500
Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags II - Page 20 Tumblr_m9e9kjQN951qbyihao2_500
Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags II - Page 20 Tumblr_m9e9kjQN951qbyihao3_500

--------
I realised why i get so obsessed with things.... it's to focus my attention on something other than the negative things in my life. If i'm too busy thinking about an obsession, i can't address the other shit.

Last edited by voteforalice1 on Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags II   Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags II - Page 20 Empty

Back to top Go down

Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags II
Page 20 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next