Welcome to Random Thoughts. This forum is for everything, whatever we feel like discussing. Nothing is off-topic. Go for it!

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Random Thoughts X

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Wed May 16, 2012 1:29 pm

You're surely being well taken care of by your employers, so that's good smile

So what do you do when these guys are packing for you? Just chilling out, or bossing them around? Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://a-lot-of-heart-a-little-crazy.tumblr.com/
Isa

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Wed May 16, 2012 1:34 pm

Oh I'm just making sure they are packing the right stuff. Like, I need some of my clothes. Laughing

There's not much I can do.
Back to top Go down
Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Wed May 16, 2012 1:40 pm

Ah. It's so nice to be at home. I think I need a nap. Lol.
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Wed May 16, 2012 1:50 pm

Isa wrote:
Oh I'm just making sure they are packing the right stuff. Like, I need some of my clothes. Laughing

There's not much I can do.

Gonna be weird though when they leave with all your stuff and you're left in an empty apartment.
I'd take the opportunity to blast the music and dance around without fear of knocking stuff over Very Happy

Charlie wrote:
Ah. It's so nice to be at home. I think I need a nap. Lol.

Naps are the best! You should treat yourself to one.

I plan on one a little bit later as well. Tomorrow is our national day, and I'm going to work at 8 to sell hot dogs and toys. And lets just be honest here, 8 is like much closer to my bedtime these days, than anything else. So If I'm gonna have any chance of surviving tomorrow, I'll need to put a nap in before nightfall.
Back to top Go down
Dina

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Wed May 16, 2012 6:46 pm

Just got home from another evening/night out for drinks with the awesome people that I'll be starting work with coming august.

Now we're finally complete with 2 additional girls that the rest of us 5 met for the first time today.
We all click very well together smile

One of the "new" girls was actually in the US as an Au-Pair for a year and just came back last August. She was near Philadelphia and sometimes they would go to NYC for a weekend to party. She made her own fake ID using scissors and a copy-shop Very Happy

And then she told us she was really confused because apparently they turn the lights on in the club at about 4am Very Happy
And we were like WHAT??!?! lulz
They were also confused as hell and then asked the people there what was wrong and they were saying "Duuuuh! They're closing!" ROFL

In NEW YORK CITY!!! How funny is that??
I don't know how it is at other places (maybe we germans are the weird and all-night party people and everyone else is normal...) but here most of the time you don't really even go to the club until between about 12pm or 1am Very Happy
And then you leave at 6am if it's a good party Laughing
No club would turn the lights on at 4am! Very Happy
Closing on the Weekend at 4am in THE city of cities! lulz lulz lulz lulz
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Wed May 16, 2012 6:58 pm

I thought that was a completely normal time to close, and I would never have questioned it Laughing
But I guess it has to do with what you're used to.
People here rarely go out on town until midnight or the following hour either, and yet we also close at 4.
Bars close earlier. Only nightclubs are allowed that late.
Back to top Go down
mardou

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Wed May 16, 2012 7:06 pm

mm usually I go to a club/bar between 3 or 4am. after a good pre-party(pre party starts at 12/1am) and I left between 7.30 and 8 I guess. If it's a "simple" night out just to drink something then maybe yes, I go to a bar between 1 or 2 am..
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Wed May 16, 2012 7:10 pm

I think the UK is very similar to the US. Clubs will close around 4am.. you get the odd ones open later, but that's standard.

In South America, going out at midnight and staying out till 6 or 7am would be totally normal though. Spain is the same from what I remember.

But yes... you guys can party in Germany! That much I learned from my 24hours in Berlin last month Laughing

You're new work colleagues sound awesome though Dina. Sounds like you're gonna have a really good time in your new job Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Wed May 16, 2012 7:13 pm

mardou wrote:
mm usually I go to a club/bar between 3 or 4am. after a good pre-party(pre party starts at 12/1am) and I left between 7.30 and 8 I guess. If it's a "simple" night out just to drink something then maybe yes, I go to a bar between 1 or 2 am..

Ahh I miss BA! How is it at the moment?

How's uni etc? All good I hope! smile

Back to top Go down
mardou

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Wed May 16, 2012 7:17 pm

BA is gorgeous as usual (i love talking about her as it was a girl or something lol).. only today was a total chaos because subway workers were on stroke so buses and taxi and traffic in general were a disaster.

I'm fine.. let's just say that I'm super busy with a lot of things.. but fine. College is ok I guess. I could be doing better but Shrug
River is playing right now so I'm a bit nervous.. this weekend Im going to see a game with my little sis.

Last edited by mardou on Wed May 16, 2012 7:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dina

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Wed May 16, 2012 7:19 pm

I never would've thought that! Interesting...! (at least I think it is, but I always find the most random thing interesting Wink )

yes they really are pretty awesome, I'm really happy with life right now smile
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Wed May 16, 2012 7:46 pm

mardou wrote:
BA is gorgeous as usual (i love talking about her as it was a girl or something lol).. only today was a total chaos because subway workers were on stroke so buses and taxi and traffic in general were a disaster.

I'm fine.. let's just say that I'm super busy with a lot of things.. but fine. College is ok I guess. I could be doing better but Shrug
River is playing right now so I'm a bit nervous.. this weekend Im going to see a game with my little sis.

I really do miss BA! So much! Probably more than any other city I've been to. I don't miss the strikes and protests and stuff though Laughing It reminds me too much of Liverpool tongue

I'm glad you're fine. We'll have to catch up properly soon.. maybe not mid match though Wink

Who's River playing btw? Why you nervous? You'll have to give me a league update too Laughing

Dina wrote:
I never would've thought that! Interesting...! (at least I think it is, but I always find the most random thing interesting Wink )

yes they really are pretty awesome, I'm really happy with life right now smile

Things like bar and club opening hours globally are always good to know Laughing

I'm really glad things are working out smile Happy days smile

Back to top Go down
Jugz da' Clown

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Wed May 16, 2012 7:52 pm

So I'm in Baton Rouge for a few days for my brother's college graduation. My parents are a trip. They were making fun of one of my brother's friends for his big lips, and I thought of Santana singing trouty mouth and burst out laughing. I have had a few drinks though. Also, blackened alligator is delicious. Hey, they're playing Rio by Duran Duran
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Wed May 16, 2012 8:23 pm

Sounds like fun times Jugz!! smile

I think it's crash time for me... so I think I'm gonna say goodnight all. I think I might go to sleep with Rio in my head now though Laughing
Back to top Go down
Shanna_

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Wed May 16, 2012 9:52 pm

I think I need a serious bubble bath night. Stress relieving bubbles sound so nice...
Back to top Go down
Mike`

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Wed May 16, 2012 9:54 pm

Jugz da' Clown wrote:
So I'm in Baton Rouge for a few days for my brother's college graduation. My parents are a trip. They were making fun of one of my brother's friends for his big lips, and I thought of Santana singing trouty mouth and burst out laughing. I have had a few drinks though. Also, blackened alligator is delicious. Hey, they're playing Rio by Duran Duran

Should have sang it. tongue
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Wed May 16, 2012 10:17 pm

Shanna_ wrote:
I think I need a serious bubble bath night. Stress relieving bubbles sound so nice...

Go for it smile
Back to top Go down
Sez

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Thu May 17, 2012 2:47 am

Sleepover with my best friend tonight. Cant wait smile
Back to top Go down
http://sezsisatotalgleekhehe.tumblr.com/
Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Thu May 17, 2012 5:28 am

Morning!

Sounds good, Sez. Have fun. smile

I want to party in Germany! That's awesome. The only time clubs here stay open that late is NYE. Lol. And most of the time I get annoyed going out so early, however, I think that may be the influence of my German, French and Spanish friends. Hehehe.

Update y'all:
You know Marine found a new internship that was awful. Well, she quit. Now she's found another one that is EXACTLY what she wants to do but it's unpaid. Rolling Eyes It's supposed to be paid but her uni said it's fine because even if she goes back to Paris though they won't be able to find her an internship. Luckily, her parents are pretty well off so they're going to pay her rent and give her some spends.
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Thu May 17, 2012 6:22 am

I'm glad she's found one that she will enjoy thats important. Not getting paid is a bit of a bummer but it's cool her folks can help out. smile
Back to top Go down
Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Thu May 17, 2012 6:25 am

Yeah, it is. My mum wouldn't lend me 50 pence if I asked her to. Lol.

What are you up to today?
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Thu May 17, 2012 6:46 am

Im glad everything worked out for your girlfriend Charlie smile

Freezing my ass off here at work. Cant wait to be done in an hour and go to my aunt!!
Back to top Go down
Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Thu May 17, 2012 6:54 am

You on your fancy new phone? tongue
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Thu May 17, 2012 7:06 am

Nothing exciting. The never ending list of job applications. Eva wants my CV for some job, somewhere? I have paperwork to do for my mum, and some work outside. I want to fit in a bike ride if I can.

I'm hoping for an uneventful afternoon, after the fun that was my Dad popping round to drop something off for me anyway.

I am going out with my friends this evening for our quiz though, so that should be nice smile
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Thu May 17, 2012 7:09 am

Yup Wink

Gotta do something to pass the tim, not much people out now between parades because of the bad weather. Ive been standing here on 17th of may for the last 11 years, and its never been this rainy ass far as i can remember. It sucks!

But nation pride is alive and well still Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   

Back to top Go down

Random Thoughts X
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 39 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next