Random Thoughts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Random Thoughts. This forum is for everything, whatever we feel like discussing. Nothing is off-topic. Go for it!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Random Thoughts X

Go down 
+11
Sez
mardou
Alison DiLaurentis
Phyxrak
eli_
Isa
Mike`
Shanna_
Span_ski
Dina
MissLilly
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Span_ski

Span_ski

Random Thoughts X - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Random Thoughts X - Page 22 EmptyFri May 04, 2012 5:57 am

Shanna_ wrote:
My arm is so red! I thought it was burning a little but I was so wrong! Laughing

Don't forget the lotion today if you're out! Lotion is important smile

mardou wrote:
about temple run: I reached 1 millon when I was addicted tongue it was when I discover that buying powers is free (you just trade them for coins that you pick while playing). And I dont even like video games

That seems impossible to me. I have started experimenting with buying powers and I still suck. I think I've actually got worse than I was yesterday. Damn my addiction to this game!! yahoo

Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Random Thoughts X - Page 22 EmptyFri May 04, 2012 6:16 am

ROFL

I'm so bored this morning. It feels like the longest day ever. I think it's because it's the last working day of the week and I know I'm off to London tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Random Thoughts X - Page 22 EmptyFri May 04, 2012 6:29 am

Exciting London times ahead!!! I should get myself moving and pack for London actually.... yahoo
Back to top Go down
cinco

cinco

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Random Thoughts X - Page 22 EmptyFri May 04, 2012 6:40 am

I was thinking of visiting a friend in England again this summer, but I fear getting hotels will be a disaster because of the whole Olympics. Last year I just took the Eurostar at random without planning, but this year I can better wait until The Games are over before going.
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Random Thoughts X - Page 22 EmptyFri May 04, 2012 7:04 am

Yes, you should pack for London. Lol.

And yeah, it's probably wiser to wait until after the Games. I'm sure it will be impossible to find accommodation and it'll be extremely annoying to travel in London while they're on. Although, if your friend isn't in London, it might not be too bad. They irritating part will be getting out of London once you arrive.

Last edited by Charlie on Fri May 04, 2012 7:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Random Thoughts X - Page 22 EmptyFri May 04, 2012 7:46 am

Ok I'm starting to like Temple Run...
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Random Thoughts X - Page 22 EmptyFri May 04, 2012 7:48 am

Hehehe.
Back to top Go down
cinco

cinco

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Random Thoughts X - Page 22 EmptyFri May 04, 2012 10:10 am

Charlie wrote:
Yes, you should pack for London. Lol.

And yeah, it's probably wiser to wait until after the Games. I'm sure it will be impossible to find accommodation and it'll be extremely annoying to travel in London while they're on. Although, if your friend isn't in London, it might not be too bad. They irritating part will be getting out of London once you arrive.

He lives in Kent, so I guess a hotel won't be a problem. It's the Eurostar I fear for.
We kinda arranged a meetup from one day upon another due to circumstances last year, so it was "ok, come tomorrow" and I jumped on a Eurostar. Enough seats left. But I guess all seats will be reserved this summer during the crucial weeks of the Games.
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Random Thoughts X - Page 22 EmptyFri May 04, 2012 10:44 am

You could try a bus if you could cope with that many hours on one. *shrug*
Back to top Go down
cinco

cinco

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Random Thoughts X - Page 22 EmptyFri May 04, 2012 10:50 am

So long underground in a bus?
Those twenty minutes in the Eurostar under the water already seemed like forever.

Well... I'll probably wait until the second half of August.
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Random Thoughts X - Page 22 EmptyFri May 04, 2012 10:56 am

Sometimes the bus takes the ferry. But you won't know whether it will take the ferry of the Eurotunnel before hand, unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
cinco

cinco

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Random Thoughts X - Page 22 EmptyFri May 04, 2012 11:10 am

Haha, really?

And then there are all the border controls.
I can go from Belgium to The Netherlands without any control, but don't try to get in and out of England that easily.

Also crossing the roads and all when in England. One time my friend had to pull me back because I expected the traffic to come from the other side and I almost ran under a vehicule. tongue

Back to top Go down
Dina

Dina

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Random Thoughts X - Page 22 EmptyFri May 04, 2012 11:19 am

I only ever took the ferry via bus.
But that's a pretty long drive. I'd recommend flying. About an hour and I was there and the Piccadilly-line stops at Heathrow - and I HATE flying but it's still the best solution imo.
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Random Thoughts X - Page 22 EmptyFri May 04, 2012 11:22 am

Do you just have to have an identity card though? I have to have my passport to go anywhere else in Europe because we don't have ID cards. But my girlfriend (French) just comes here using her ID card. *shrug* I suppose if you're already in mainland Europe (and shouldn't be, or are doing something you shouldn't be or whatever) then it's easy to cross borders because they can't keep an eye on the whole length of the border and there's no pesky water to make it easier to control.

Not that it matters in the UK at the moment anyway. I think we're well known for 'letting anyone in' as some people put it. ROFL I wish Australia was more like us, then I could live there. tongue
Back to top Go down
Dina

Dina

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Random Thoughts X - Page 22 EmptyFri May 04, 2012 11:25 am

Yeah, it's all part of the Schengen Agreement - no border controls for us. That's why countries like Greece have it really bad because they have to protect the borders for the entire EU.

An ID-card is enough, but if you travel to the US for example you'd still need a passport.

Last edited by Dina on Fri May 04, 2012 11:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
cinco

cinco

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Random Thoughts X - Page 22 EmptyFri May 04, 2012 11:25 am

Well, I bordered in Brussels, then it went underground in Calais and when I arrived in Ashford I checked out.

Random Thoughts X - Page 22 Europe_eurostar

Hmmm... good to know it can bring me also automatically to Disneyland.
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Random Thoughts X - Page 22 EmptyFri May 04, 2012 11:27 am

I agree that flying is the best/easiest option because it's the quickest travel time. Although, all the rigmarole that you have to go through in airports makes me feel like I wish I was on the plane for at least 7 hours just to make it worth my while. Lol.

Whenever I travel, I tend to do it the cheapest way I can find. (Which is usually bus.)
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Random Thoughts X - Page 22 EmptyFri May 04, 2012 11:29 am

cinco wrote:
Well, I bordered in Brussels, then it went underground in Calais and when I arrived in Ashford I checked out.

Random Thoughts X - Page 22 Europe_eurostar

Hmmm... good to know it can bring me also automatically to Disneyland.

lulz Whenever I see that I can't help but think it should say Disneyland Paris (Adjacent). Lol.
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Random Thoughts X - Page 22 EmptyFri May 04, 2012 11:32 am

Dina wrote:
Yeah, it's all part of the Schengen Agreement - no border controls for us. That's why countries like Greece have it really bad because they have to protect the borders for the entire EU.

An ID-card is enough, but if you travel to the US for example you'd still need a passport.

The Schengen Agreement, yes. I could not, for the life of me, remember that just now. Lol. I kinda wish we had ID cards.
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Random Thoughts X - Page 22 EmptyFri May 04, 2012 3:20 pm

Just heard from my friends in Pakistan. They have rented the two houses. So I officially have a place in Islamabad. The house is ridicously huge though. 4 bedrooms and 3 others rooms in the basement... If anyone wants to visit Pakistan, now is the right moment. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Shanna_

Shanna_

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Random Thoughts X - Page 22 EmptyFri May 04, 2012 8:05 pm

How's everyone's night? Or morning?
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Random Thoughts X - Page 22 EmptyFri May 04, 2012 8:51 pm

Mine's a nice and quiet night smile The Lady In The Water is on the TV, enjoying some tea, and playing some games. Really lovely! How's your evening?
Back to top Go down
http://a-lot-of-heart-a-little-crazy.tumblr.com/
Shanna_

Shanna_

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Random Thoughts X - Page 22 EmptyFri May 04, 2012 9:02 pm

That sounds like a nice way to spend a night. I'm rediscovering the wonder of NPR. I used to listen to National Public Radio all the time but then I just stopped. I decided to get on the site today because they are first listening the new Sara Watkins album, which is fantastic, and I found more great stuff to listen to. Right now i'm listening to last night's fun. show. I forgot how great npr is.
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Random Thoughts X - Page 22 EmptyFri May 04, 2012 9:12 pm

Sounds absolutely wonderful! It's always fun rediscovering stuff! smile
Back to top Go down
http://a-lot-of-heart-a-little-crazy.tumblr.com/
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Random Thoughts X - Page 22 EmptyFri May 04, 2012 11:46 pm

Hmmm feels like 10am actually it's more like 5??? Strange..... Shrug
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Random Thoughts X - Page 22 Empty

Back to top Go down

Random Thoughts X
Page 22 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next