Random Thoughts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Random Thoughts. This forum is for everything, whatever we feel like discussing. Nothing is off-topic. Go for it!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Videogame talk

Go down 
+6
Phyxrak
Jugz da' Clown
Mike`
MissLilly
Isa
cinco
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
MissLilly

MissLilly

Videogame talk - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Videogame talk   Videogame talk - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 9:25 am

I figured it out. I went downstairs to the level I had been in before to see if I had forgotten anything, even though I had used the map to see that I had checked every room, and suddenly there was a beast down there behind the bars to the part of the building I can't go to, and in the room right next to it I now found a key!

I'm not sure what I am doing though. I have to find something heavy for the trash chute, something to fix the clock with I think, and there are 3 names written on a wall that apparently is supposed to mean something, but I have no idea Shrug
Back to top Go down
http://a-lot-of-heart-a-little-crazy.tumblr.com/
cinco

cinco

PostSubject: Re: Videogame talk   Videogame talk - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 9:31 am

Oh yeah, that writing on the wall, remember that. (it's more cryptic when the difficulty level is higher)

I guess in one of the rooms there's something heavy to throw in the trash chute and there must also be a little thing to fix the clock somewhere. I don't remember it that well anymore, but you'll find it eventually.

The most important part while playing Silent Hill is to memorize locations, where you have been, which rooms are open or locked, how rooms are connected and such...
I used something to note down stuff from time to time, especially with the riddles.
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Videogame talk   Videogame talk - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 9:39 am

The writing on the wall was Henry, Mildred, Scott. And had some lines besides them, so when I finally could open the clock, it hit me that those names was code for Hour, Minute, Second, and I put the needles like the lines by the names, and now I can go through a hole in the wall to the other side of the building! Finally! Progress!
Back to top Go down
cinco

cinco

PostSubject: Re: Videogame talk   Videogame talk - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 9:42 am

Great! I like it when riddles are clever like that. smile
Back to top Go down
cinco

cinco

PostSubject: Re: Videogame talk   Videogame talk - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 9:45 am

Haha, when I was talking about SH 2 with you in march, I mentioned the exact same quote with the the same remark as I did this morning. I even posted the same image.
Kinda weird actually...

Look, this is that post from march:

cinco wrote:
Oh please, try to play Silent Hill 2.
It has something poetic lingering over it despite being a horror game.

In my restless dreams,
I see that town.
Silent Hill.
You promised you'd take me
there again someday.
But you never did.

Well I'm alone there now...
In our 'special place'...
Waiting for you.

Videogame talk - Page 4 Silenthilljames
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Videogame talk   Videogame talk - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 9:52 am

Hehe! You must really love that quote Wink
Back to top Go down
cinco

cinco

PostSubject: Re: Videogame talk   Videogame talk - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 10:00 am

It's a great way to start a game. But I realize that in essence it's the same motivation Mario has whenever he starts his quest to look for Princess Peach. Wink

I'm gonna log off. Good luck facing all those subconscious manifestations of inner turmoil.
And watch out for rabid dogs.
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Videogame talk   Videogame talk - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 10:10 am

Thanks, I will! Have a good day Cinco smile
Back to top Go down
cinco

cinco

PostSubject: Re: Videogame talk   Videogame talk - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 6:13 am

So... how is it going with Silent Hill 2?
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Videogame talk   Videogame talk - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 7:10 am

I just picked up Maria and am currently in the bowling place. I've picked up quite a few health potions, bullets and first aid kits on the road there, so now I am scared again Laughing Having a little break and working up the nerve.
Back to top Go down
Jugz da' Clown

Jugz da' Clown

PostSubject: Re: Videogame talk   Videogame talk - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 10:26 pm

Now I'm playing Bioshock 2. Very Happy Picked it up today because it looked cool and delightfully weird. It only cost me $12 used. I never played the first one, and I think hardcore gamers have a rule about not playing sequels first, but I don't curr. I do what I want.
Back to top Go down
Tuk17

Tuk17

PostSubject: Re: Videogame talk   Videogame talk - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 11:10 pm

Omg, I watched my friend beat Bioshock 2 in eight hours. We were SOOO grease. Lol
Back to top Go down
cinco

cinco

PostSubject: Re: Videogame talk   Videogame talk - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 6:16 am

MissLilly wrote:
I just picked up Maria and am currently in the bowling place. I've picked up quite a few health potions, bullets and first aid kits on the road there, so now I am scared again Laughing Having a little break and working up the nerve.

Your biggest scare up until now?
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Videogame talk   Videogame talk - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 6:45 am

My biggest scare so far must have been when I was at the roof of the hospital and suddenly that boss monster comes out of nowhere and pushes me off the roof. Nearly had a heart attack right there!

Now I'm running around in the underground prison, and that is quite nerve-wrecking in itself.
Back to top Go down
cinco

cinco

PostSubject: Re: Videogame talk   Videogame talk - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 6:50 am

You're quite far already.
Oh yeah... I don't know if it is already the right moment, but look into your pocket at that letter from the beginning.
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Videogame talk   Videogame talk - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 6:55 am

Will do! Later though, gotta head out now smile
Back to top Go down
Jugz da' Clown

Jugz da' Clown

PostSubject: Re: Videogame talk   Videogame talk - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 11:38 am

Tuk17 wrote:
Omg, I watched my friend beat Bioshock 2 in eight hours. We were SOOO grease. Lol

If it's possible to beat the game that quickly, I'm glad I only spend $12 on it. Though it will probably take me atleast a week or two to beat it. I don't play xbox everyday, and I'm a slow player cuz I don't rush through objectives. I like to take my time, explore my environment, and pick up every single object I find and read it's description. You'd probably be really bored if you watched me play a game.
Back to top Go down
cinco

cinco

PostSubject: Re: Videogame talk   Videogame talk - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 11:41 am

I replay games. Is that something people still do?
I mean... didn't we use to do that all the time during the super nintendo days in the nineties?
(like Super Mario World again and again)
Back to top Go down
Tuk17

Tuk17

PostSubject: Re: Videogame talk   Videogame talk - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 12:20 pm

Jugz da' Clown wrote:
Tuk17 wrote:

If it's possible to beat the game that quickly, I'm glad I only spend $12 on it. Though it will probably take me atleast a week or two to beat it. I don't play xbox everyday, and I'm a slow player cuz I don't rush through objectives. I like to take my time, explore my environment, and pick up every single object I find and read it's description. You'd probably be really bored if you watched me play a game.
Lol, yeah she'd already beat the game a couple times before so she rushed everything. I think that game has two different endings.
Back to top Go down
Jugz da' Clown

Jugz da' Clown

PostSubject: Re: Videogame talk   Videogame talk - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 12:59 pm

Depends on the game, but I replay most games. Actually, I never beat most games in the first place, I just play them for a couple weeks or so, get bored, then after a couple months I'll come back to a game and maybe restart it.
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Videogame talk   Videogame talk - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 1:29 pm

I replay games that I like. Maybe once a year or something.. Not too often, because I like forgetting stuff a little before I play it again smile

The games I've replayed the most are Fable 2 and 3 though. Love those! And the Buffy game I have for PS2 as well. And Spyro.
Back to top Go down
cinco

cinco

PostSubject: Re: Videogame talk   Videogame talk - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 4:46 am

MissLilly wrote:
And the Buffy game I have for PS2 as well.

This one?

Videogame talk - Page 4 Thumbnail
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Videogame talk   Videogame talk - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 8:08 am

Yup! That one:)
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Videogame talk   Videogame talk - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 8:49 am

I had that game too. I got bored after about 20 minutes though. Lol.
Back to top Go down
cinco

cinco

PostSubject: Re: Videogame talk   Videogame talk - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 9:05 am

I had(have) the gamecube-version. The fact that you could play with several of the Buffy-characters throughout the game sold it for me. Not the greatest game of course, but for someone like me who enjoys everything Buffy immensely, it delivered the goods.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Videogame talk   Videogame talk - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Videogame talk
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next