Random Thoughts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Random Thoughts. This forum is for everything, whatever we feel like discussing. Nothing is off-topic. Go for it!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Videogame talk

Go down 
+6
Phyxrak
Jugz da' Clown
Mike`
MissLilly
Isa
cinco
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
MissLilly

MissLilly

Videogame talk - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Videogame talk   Videogame talk - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 10:07 am

Yeah, if it had been just a game with random characters and such, I probably wouldn't have liked it. But, it's Buffy, so Wink

I just beat SH2 btw. I didn't think the ending really was that extraordinary.. So he had only the first part of the letter, and not the rest where she says she's already dead by the time he reads it. And did he kill her or what?
And it bugs that there's no real conclusion with Angela. Or Laura for that matter. Well, Laura walked the graveyard with James in the end, so maybe he adopted her like Mary had wanted to do?

But, it fits very well how you say this is like a case of perception. That Silent Hill only looks that way because of their mental state or whatever. Many things in the game supports this. And when he meets Angela for the last time in the fires, and she says "So you see it too now, huh? It's always like this for me" Like, she's living in hell for what happened to her, and it's not really real.

Back to top Go down
http://a-lot-of-heart-a-little-crazy.tumblr.com/
cinco

cinco

PostSubject: Re: Videogame talk   Videogame talk - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 10:11 am

Be glad you didn't have this ending. Wink

Back to top Go down
cinco

cinco

PostSubject: Re: Videogame talk   Videogame talk - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 10:18 am

MissLilly wrote:
And did he kill her or what?

Yep. The whole game is actually him dealing with the guilt.
The monsters all exist out of butchered female shapes which is symbolism for what he did and pyramid head is his unspoken wish to be punished for what he did.
There are still more symbols spread all over the game and the people he meet also have metaphorical meaning, but I forgot a lot about that. I should have to look it up again.
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Videogame talk   Videogame talk - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 11:32 am

cinco wrote:
Be glad you didn't have this ending. Wink

Lol, what the hell? ROFL
I think I'd be uber pissed at that ending!

Gonna go look up the others now smile
Back to top Go down
cinco

cinco

PostSubject: Re: Videogame talk   Videogame talk - Page 5 EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 4:14 am

hehe

So which other SHs did you play?
I played 2, 3 and 4.
3 had those creepy bunny suits and that mirror image in the toilet that froze and that carnival ghost house with the real corpses inside instead of dummies. backing out

2 was the most critically acclaimed and it still is my favourite.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

(Eternal Darkness on the Gamecube was also a good game in the horror genre and it messed even more with your head)

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Regarding that Buffy game, it always amazed me that they made that creepy ventriloquist doll a playable character. I mean... he only was in one episode. Couldn't they have used Dawn instead if they wanted a character that was brought to life from nothing? Wink
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Videogame talk   Videogame talk - Page 5 EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 6:10 am

I've just played 2 & 3. I have 4 as well. I think I might just play it while I'm at it.

SH3 was definitely more violent and creepy than 2. I never got the ending of it though, because I haven't enough medi-kits left to survive fighting god.
Back to top Go down
cinco

cinco

PostSubject: Re: Videogame talk   Videogame talk - Page 5 EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 6:55 am

4 disturbed me because of the titular room which looked exactly like the apartment I was living in. (mine was way cleaner of course, not like I lived in a gross nightmarish feverdream of an apartment Wink )
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Videogame talk   Videogame talk - Page 5 EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 11:41 am

I don't think I can play 4. Can't deal with this 1st person view... I like seeing the person I am, and not just through his eyes meh
Back to top Go down
cinco

cinco

PostSubject: Re: Videogame talk   Videogame talk - Page 5 EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 7:27 am

The 1st person view is only in the apartment which serves as a hub. The actual gameplay is third person.
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Videogame talk   Videogame talk - Page 5 EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 9:20 am

Oh! Cool! I'll try it again later then smile
Back to top Go down
cinco

cinco

PostSubject: Re: Videogame talk   Videogame talk - Page 5 EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 9:35 am

I have to say, you finished SH2 really quickly. I don't think I ever finished a game in 2 days.
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Videogame talk   Videogame talk - Page 5 EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 10:22 am

It's because we have lousy weather, and all I do is sit here and entertain myself Laughing
Back to top Go down
cinco

cinco

PostSubject: Re: Videogame talk   Videogame talk - Page 5 EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 12:29 pm

It is great how you own games that you have yet to play.
How did that happen?
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Videogame talk   Videogame talk - Page 5 EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 1:02 pm

There's a place called Gamestop who buy used games and sell them again. I used to always go in there and see if there was any interesting games to buy for cheap, and I found SH2 and SH4 among others. I had already played SH3 by then, so that's why I bought them. But I never got around to playing them because I just didn't have the nerves to do it.

I bought other games as well. Clock Tower 3, Project Zero and Forbidden Siren. I've yet to play Forbidden Siren as well. The other two I had played at a friends before I bought them myself. Not sure if I played them after I bought them myself though, lol.
Back to top Go down
cinco

cinco

PostSubject: Re: Videogame talk   Videogame talk - Page 5 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 4:14 am

I've played Project Zero, but I don't remember that much about it anymore.
Surprisingly I played more horror games on the Gamecube than on PS2:
Resident Evil, Resident Evil 4, Eternal Darkness and (lol) Luigi's Mansion ( Wink ) .
Back to top Go down
cinco

cinco

PostSubject: Re: Videogame talk   Videogame talk - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 6:19 am

How Silent Hill 2 would look like if it was an 8-bit game...

Back to top Go down
Jugz da' Clown

Jugz da' Clown

PostSubject: Re: Videogame talk   Videogame talk - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 7:35 pm

I haven't beaten L.A. Noir or Bioshock 2 yet, but I've started a new game: Red Dead Redemption. nintendo

The Western theme intrigued me
Videogame talk - Page 5 17dead-span-articleLarge
Back to top Go down
cinco

cinco

PostSubject: Re: Videogame talk   Videogame talk - Page 5 EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 4:33 am

It's like GTA in a Western setting, right?
Back to top Go down
Jugz da' Clown

Jugz da' Clown

PostSubject: Re: Videogame talk   Videogame talk - Page 5 EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 5:06 am

Nah, it's totally different than GTA. Well, there are some similarities, but they are small things. I like riding around on my horse, going from town to town. The game world is pretty big and you can roam free across the desert. I encountered some outlaws and they killed my horse, and after I killed the outlaws, I went to my horse lying dead on the ground and selected it, and suddenly I was skinning it with my knife. Kind of gross.

But getting a new horse was easy. Almost like getting a new car in GTA.
Back to top Go down
cinco

cinco

PostSubject: Re: Videogame talk   Videogame talk - Page 5 EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 6:10 am

The story about that horse... wow. The fact that they even add the option to skin it in a game... help

The only horse-riding I did in gaming was in The Legend of Zelda.
No skinning there. Wink
Back to top Go down
Jugz da' Clown

Jugz da' Clown

PostSubject: Re: Videogame talk   Videogame talk - Page 5 EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 10:08 am

It's the Old West. Hides to makes leather with is valuable. In Skyrim, you can also collect the hides of dead animals and turn it into leather, but the skinning process isn't shown. In Red Dead Redemption it actually showed the guy taking a knife to the horse carcass and there was blood and I was like jaw drop. It's a gritty game.
Back to top Go down
Tuk17

Tuk17

PostSubject: Re: Videogame talk   Videogame talk - Page 5 EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 1:28 pm

Lol my two best friends are "Top Dogs" on RDR. They're the highest level you can be on there. They want me to be a "Top Dog" but I don't think that's going to happen.
--
My friend and I also found a heavenly place last night. It's called Darkside Games and you can buy and sell games there and stuff like EB games. You can also get a pass to play games there all day because there's like five tvs on the wall connected to a game console. There's also this really sick rock band setup with a huge flat screen. I can't believe that place exists!
Gamer paradise basically.
Back to top Go down
Mike`

Mike`

PostSubject: Re: Videogame talk   Videogame talk - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 12:07 pm

Rawr Pandaria looks epic. And if you played Warcraft III at all, CHEN!!!!
Back to top Go down
cinco

cinco

PostSubject: Re: Videogame talk   Videogame talk - Page 5 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 11:15 am

Playing Arkham City. Great game.

Touching moments...

Videogame talk - Page 5 Tumblr_m4k9xixzo41qirsuqo1_500

... as well as creepy moments.

Videogame talk - Page 5 Batman-Arkham-City-Mad-Hatter
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Videogame talk   Videogame talk - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Videogame talk
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5