Welcome to Random Thoughts. This forum is for everything, whatever we feel like discussing. Nothing is off-topic. Go for it!

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

The Sports Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage
Isa

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Thread   Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:12 pm

Span_ski wrote:
We won!!!! We won!!! We're going to wembley!!! yahoo

yahoo

Super happy! Can't wait!
Back to top Go down
mardou

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Thread   Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:54 pm

yay for everton!
yesterday I was on a bus and an old man asked me (random) if I knew how did the match between Instituto and other team that I dont remember finished. I told him that I didn't knew but that I was hoping that Instituto lost. Instituto is probably the only direct rival of River right now. And he told me that he was a River supporter too. And we talked about River a lot. And then he confessed me that he only cried of sadness twice: when his father died and when River went down to second division. And then he got out of the bus. I love River and public transportation stories. lol.
Back to top Go down
Isa

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Thread   Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:41 pm

That's great, Pilar. I can totally relate to that story.

Football and sports in general are great. Such an inspiration.

You know what I find so great about football? There's always a second chance. No matter what happens, there will be another chance next year. Hope, that was football is. smile
Back to top Go down
mardou

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Thread   Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:07 pm

yeah totally smile I love passionate matches when you know your team is giving everything they got. I love dramatic endings. Specially if it's raining lol.
I also love that feeling when your team losses and you feel proud anyways.
I also find winning great Laughing
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Thread   Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:03 am

Thats a great story Pilar. I love it when stuff like that happens! smile. One if the things I used to love about my old job was the monday morning football banter. So much fun, and always a great way to start the week!!

How's River doing ath the moment? I know its early in the season but us it looking good for promotion? Hope so!!!
Back to top Go down
mardou

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Thread   Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:02 am

We're in 2nd place right now, Instituto is 3 points ahead. If we continue in this position we'll be fine and playing in first division next year. But nobody wants that Laughing River NEEDS to be champion.
Back to top Go down
Isa

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Thread   Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:50 pm

Watching Milan x Barcelona! Popcorn
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Thread   Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:33 pm

Everton lost the FA Cup Semi to Liverpool Sad. I'm a bit gutted, but on a positive note it was a nice trip out to Wembley.
Back to top Go down
Isa

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Thread   Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:39 pm

Span_ski wrote:
Everton lost the FA Cup Semi to Liverpool Sad. I'm a bit gutted, but on a positive note it was a nice trip out to Wembley.

Awww Sad

At least I got some good pictures. And Wembley is amazing.
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Thread   Sun May 13, 2012 6:12 am

Well I've just about recovered from Everton losing in the semi and now it's the last game of the season!! If you like football today would be a good day to find some EPL on the TV as it's Super Sunday!! yahoo

I have tickets to Everton V Newcastle, which I'm hoping will be a good game! smile
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Thread   Mon May 14, 2012 6:31 am

Everton won and finished ahead of Liverpool in the league yahoo
Back to top Go down
mardou

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Thread   Wed May 16, 2012 7:56 pm

Quote :
Who's River playing btw? Why you nervous? You'll have to give me a league update too
Laughing
River is playing two tournaments right now. 2nd division championship ( Sad ) (we're in first place right now) and Copa Argentina. Copa Argentina is a tournament that every club in the first 4 division of argentininan soccer plays (copa del rey in spain.. FA cup in england?). So right now we're playing against San Lorenzo (who has IMO the worst team they've ever had). San Lorenzo is one of the 5 biggest teams of the country (I think they suck but whatever..). Winning this is kind of important. If we win.. we will be in the semifinals I guess

(i just wanted to bring this thread back, sorry han haha)
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Thread   Wed May 16, 2012 8:21 pm

Well good luck with the game!! I hope they win! River is my official fave Argentinian team for sure smile

I think there's a good chance River will go up this season though right?

Our football season has finished. I'm pretty gutted. I'm gonna miss it. I guess I'll just have to wait for the Euro's to start. We don't have sky, so I'm going to be football deprived until then. Bad times.
Back to top Go down
mardou

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Thread   Wed May 16, 2012 8:25 pm

yeah of course we will!! but it'd be great to win this cup too.. when does the season start again?
here there're only 4 or 5 games left..
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Thread   Wed May 16, 2012 8:28 pm

Not until August Sad

I really hope you win the cup! That would be a great way to end the season.. promotion and a cup FTW!!! smile
Back to top Go down
Charles

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Thread   Thu May 17, 2012 5:32 am

That's like the shortest period between seasons ever. Get a grip, Han. tongue
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Thread   Thu May 17, 2012 5:49 am

Ha ha ha! I know yeah, but I just miss it Laughing
Back to top Go down
Charles

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Thread   Thu May 17, 2012 5:57 am

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Thread   Thu May 17, 2012 6:18 am

Tee hee ROFL
Back to top Go down
Isa

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Thread   Sat May 19, 2012 2:04 pm

Champions League Final today! yahoo

I'm betting on Chelsea, but I think it could go both ways.
Back to top Go down
Isa

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Thread   Sat May 19, 2012 5:57 pm

A bit dull most of the time, but super exciting at the end.

Great final.
Back to top Go down
Dina

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Thread   Sun May 20, 2012 12:55 am

If you're as stupid as Bayern and don't manage to make the easiest goals where you basically just need to tilt your foot a bit, you can blame no one but yourself for this loss.

And then you get a penalty in minute 112 (was it? Somewhere around that mark) and shoot like your an old grandma...

They played against Dortmund a week ago in the german-cup and lost 5:2. It was a very entertaining game, especially because Bayern is such a Diva-Team and Dortmund, though being the best german team by far at the moment, is so down to earth...

Back to top Go down
mardou

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Thread   Fri May 25, 2012 1:18 pm

River 111st birthday today!!!!!!! Heart 02 vamoooooooooooos river plateeeeee
Back to top Go down
Isa

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Thread   Fri May 25, 2012 4:23 pm

Congrats, Pilar! Soccer

Gremio is doing pretty at the Brazil's Cup. We won all 8 eights so far. Next is the semifinal. I think there's a good chance we get the title this year.
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Thread   Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:04 pm

So the Euro's is underway. Just watched Spain V Italy and now on Ireland V Croatia. Spain didn't play particularly well.

I have absolutely no expectations of England. I wouldn't be supporting them at all if Wales were in the competition. That was always a little bit hopefully though to be fair Laughing

I hadn't realised the French Open had been halted by rain.. that works out quite nicely then. I can watch the end of that with my lunch and then head over to Leeds to watch the England v France match there... unexpectedly good plan for the day smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Thread   

Back to top Go down

The Sports Thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 23Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next