Random Thoughts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Random Thoughts. This forum is for everything, whatever we feel like discussing. Nothing is off-topic. Go for it!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Brittana fanfiction

Go down 
+13
mardou
MissLilly
Span_ski
Jugz da' Clown
eli_
Dina
Shanna_
Mike`
Cora_
Alison DiLaurentis
Tuk17
Charles
Isa
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
Shanna_

Shanna_

Brittana fanfiction - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brittana fanfiction   Brittana fanfiction - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 1:55 pm

There should be something Division-II around there, right?
Back to top Go down
Mike`

Mike`

PostSubject: Re: Brittana fanfiction   Brittana fanfiction - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 2:02 pm

Shanna_ wrote:
There should be something Division-II around there, right?

Nope. Laughing There are no Division-II or Division-I athletic programs in the entire state of Montana, just checked. tongue
Back to top Go down
Jugz da' Clown

Jugz da' Clown

PostSubject: Re: Brittana fanfiction   Brittana fanfiction - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 2:09 pm

What about Alaska? Can you send Finn there? Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Mike`

Mike`

PostSubject: Re: Brittana fanfiction   Brittana fanfiction - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 2:12 pm

Jugz da' Clown wrote:

Washington or Washington State is as close as you can get, or you could say fuck it and send him to play Division-I football at Hawaii. Wink
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Brittana fanfiction   Brittana fanfiction - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 2:24 pm

New Mexico Highlands Cowboys.... that seems a fair way away? Or the Western Oregon Wolves???

(I googling this as I have NFI about college football but wikipedia says they are teams lol)
Back to top Go down
Cora_

Cora_

PostSubject: Re: Brittana fanfiction   Brittana fanfiction - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 2:33 pm

MsFalange wrote:

No Idea who all these people are but "Fred and Ethel" totally made me think of Hänsel and Gretel Laughing
Lol, really? Mary & Rhoda - Mary Tyler Moore Show. Donny & Marie - bro and sis from the Osmonds, a corny Mormon performing family, Fred & Ethel - Lucy and Ricky's older, frumpy neighbors.

But Santana would know who they are. She seems to have such random pop culture arsenals of info. I still think that other than Cheerios stuff and hanging with Brittany, she spends vast amounts of time alone and watching TV.

(And there's a Hansel and Gretel song? I know the story, but not the song.)

Isabela wrote:
Sonny and Cher?

What is Brittany going to do in NYC, btw?

And yeah, get rid of Finn. please
I was thinking of having Brittany start out trying to attend classes with Santana, but then getting frustrated and saying screw it, she doesn't want to work so hard at something she doesn't care about. But she didn't want to say so because she's afraid Santana would be disappointed in her. And then maybe some production Kurt & Rachel are in will have a dancer emergency and she can fill in and that leads to some kind of position or something. IDK. Sketchy on details, but maybe something like that.

eli_ wrote:
Are they still going to NYADA? Looks like the *real* glee is going to get rid of that school
I guess. It's easier than making another fake alternative, or putting them in regular college. If Glee's not going to use it, I might as well.

Jugz da' Clown wrote:
Ha! Maybe poor Finn was supposed to go to Arizona and he got on the wrong plane.

All this Division talk confuses the hell out of me. I know NOTHING about it. I don't really care what kind of team he's on, just as long as it makes sense and isn't totally OOC.
Back to top Go down
Dina

Dina

PostSubject: Re: Brittana fanfiction   Brittana fanfiction - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 2:40 pm

Cora_ wrote:
MsFalange wrote:

No Idea who all these people are but "Fred and Ethel" totally made me think of Hänsel and Gretel Laughing
Lol, really? Mary & Rhoda - Mary Tyler Moore Show. Donny & Marie - bro and sis from the Osmonds, a corny Mormon performing family, Fred & Ethel - Lucy and Ricky's older, frumpy neighbors.

But Santana would know who they are. She seems to have such random pop culture arsenals of info. I still think that other than Cheerios stuff and hanging with Brittany, she spends vast amounts of time alone and watching TV.

Maybe it's because I'm from germany? It probably is. I've never heard of a mary Tyler moore show.
Just googled the Osmonds and well: we had The Kelly Family so again: nope, probably also too young and yeah.. don't know who Ricky and Lucy are as well Laughing

Also the song:

Back to top Go down
Mike`

Mike`

PostSubject: Re: Brittana fanfiction   Brittana fanfiction - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 2:46 pm

Cora_ wrote:

All this Division talk confuses the hell out of me. I know NOTHING about it. I don't really care what kind of team he's on, just as long as it makes sense and isn't totally OOC.

It's basically about how talented you are. The potential NFL players get scholarships for Division-I schools (Which, if you go with that it has to be a small school. If OSU declined Finn, then most other big-time schools would as well). If you go that route I recommend Arizona State, Oregon State, or Hawaii; all solid programs, all of which aren't known for producing quarterback prospects.... Could also go Houston with the D-I route.

Division-II schools are just less money flowing around; a lot of underrated NFL players come out of Division-II schools, but those schools get literally no TV time. If you go that way, I recommend Central Ohio State, West Texas A&M, or West Virginia State.
Back to top Go down
Cora_

Cora_

PostSubject: Re: Brittana fanfiction   Brittana fanfiction - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 3:07 pm

MsFalange wrote:
Cora_ wrote:
MsFalange wrote:

Maybe it's because I'm from germany? It probably is. I've never heard of a mary Tyler moore show.
Just googled the Osmonds and well: we had The Kelly Family so again: nope, probably also too young and yeah.. don't know who Ricky and Lucy are as well Laughing

Also the song:

Aww, cute!

You've never heard of I Love Lucy, though!?! jaw drop Just curious, how old are you?

The rest of you non-Americans are familiar with Mary Tyler Moore and I Love Lucy, right? I don't want to confuse too many people. But those seem like standard Glee-type references. They've gotten much more obscure than that.

Mike - either Houston or West Texas sounds good. I want him in TX. It seems suitably remote. And it's someplace Rachel wouldn't want to visit.
Back to top Go down
Jugz da' Clown

Jugz da' Clown

PostSubject: Re: Brittana fanfiction   Brittana fanfiction - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 3:10 pm

MsFalange wrote:
Cora_ wrote:
MsFalange wrote:

Oh come on! Surely you've atleast heard of "I Love Lucy" yahoo
Back to top Go down
Jugz da' Clown

Jugz da' Clown

PostSubject: Re: Brittana fanfiction   Brittana fanfiction - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 3:19 pm

Cora_ wrote:
MsFalange wrote:
Cora_ wrote:
MsFalange wrote:

Also the song:

Aww, cute!

You've never heard of I Love Lucy, though!?! jaw drop Just curious, how old are you?

The rest of you non-Americans are familiar with Mary Tyler Moore and I Love Lucy, right? I don't want to confuse too many people. But those seem like standard Glee-type references. They've gotten much more obscure than that.

Mike - either Houston or West Texas sounds good. I want him in TX. It seems suitably remote. And it's someplace Rachel wouldn't want to visit.

I'm familiar with a lot of older shows (and other stuff), even though I never really watched them that much. Things like Glee are much funnier when you actually get the pop culture references. If you don't, a lot of the humor is just lost. It's kind of weird watching something with someone and then realizing they aren't getting half the jokes.
Back to top Go down
Dina

Dina

PostSubject: Re: Brittana fanfiction   Brittana fanfiction - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 3:44 pm

Cora_ wrote:

Aww, cute!

Tender age of 18
Back to top Go down
Mike`

Mike`

PostSubject: Re: Brittana fanfiction   Brittana fanfiction - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 3:50 pm

Cora_ wrote:

In that case, go West Texas A&M; Houston is an air-raid offense (Pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, one run a quarter, more passing) and I can't picture Finn playing that type of football, he's so big and awkward that he'd be much better in a more traditional offense.

West Texas A&M is your best option with Finn already being shot down about playing at OSU (And if the recruiter told him that, chances are he wouldn't even make the team as a walk-on tryout); campus is in Canyon (some crap-ass cowtown in North Texas, even though it's "West Texas A&M" University). tongue
Back to top Go down
Dina

Dina

PostSubject: Re: Brittana fanfiction   Brittana fanfiction - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 4:00 pm

to my defense! I'm just reading the german wiki article to "I love Lucy" and it says there:

Quote :
In Deutschland wurde die Serie gar nicht bekannt. Einigen ist die Serie nur durch auf Youtube gestellte Videos ein Begriff.

Which translates to:

Quote :
In germany the show never became known at all. Few know it because of videos hosted on Youtube.

So, even though it has been a big hit for you guys, we germans don't know it - my lack of knowledge is not my fault! Wink
Back to top Go down
Cora_

Cora_

PostSubject: Re: Brittana fanfiction   Brittana fanfiction - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 4:03 pm

West Texas A&M it shall be! Thanks guys. I feel better already knowing he's halfway across the country.

Jugz da' Clown wrote:

I'm familiar with a lot of older shows (and other stuff), even though I never really watched them that much. Things like Glee are much funnier when you actually get the pop culture references. If you don't, a lot of the humor is just lost. It's kind of weird watching something with someone and then realizing they aren't getting half the jokes.
Story of my life with my mom. I used to try to watch Gilmore Girls with her, and the jokes were so fast and witty on that show I could tell she was hardly understanding any of it. Drove me crazy. But she always appreciates a good sex joke - my mom has the humor of a 12 year old boy.

And that is so bizarre about I Love Lucy and Germany. It's like the most famous sitcom in the history of TV. Even in regular history classes, it comes up all the time because of its impact on pop culture and because Lucille Ball was such an icon and so important in defining the sitcom format. You can still find it on in syndication every single day on one channel or another.

Brittana fanfiction - Page 2 I-love-lucy-myspace-layouts-1
Back to top Go down
Dina

Dina

PostSubject: Re: Brittana fanfiction   Brittana fanfiction - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 4:11 pm

Shrug maybe the germans weren't into sitcoms in the 50s and never felt the need to catch up?
I have no idea, it also says in the article that it's like the mother of all sitcoms but I've never heard of it.
Don't know about the other "european fellas" here though.

I always find that very interesting when the one side is like "Wait, you're kidding right?!?" and the other "Uhm, no...sorry?"
Love these differences yahoo
Back to top Go down
Mike`

Mike`

PostSubject: Re: Brittana fanfiction   Brittana fanfiction - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 4:13 pm

Germans were probably a bit more concerned with their country being broke up and dismantled by the Soviets and Americans at the time. Laughing It's actually not too surprising it's not a big thing in Germany when you look at the time period and what was going on; I know it's an unknown in Russia and a lot of Eastern Europe as well.

It's the Commies' fault. yahoo
Back to top Go down
eli_

eli_

PostSubject: Re: Brittana fanfiction   Brittana fanfiction - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 4:22 pm

MsFalange wrote:

I have no idea, it also says in the article that it's like the mother of all sitcoms but I've never heard of it.
Don't know about the other "european fellas" here though.
Wiki says it was broadcasted in Italy, but tbh I hear about it today for the first time, so prolly not that famous here
Back to top Go down
Dina

Dina

PostSubject: Re: Brittana fanfiction   Brittana fanfiction - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 4:24 pm

I thought that at first, too mike but then I thought, how wold that influence the television shows that are shown?
But I'm reading through some things right now and maybe the answe is really simpel:

In germany in the 50s the most important mediums was still the newspaper.
I'm reading an article right now where it says: while in the USA the "Cinema-Dying" already started due to the propagation of the television, this development started with a delay of about 10-15 years in Europe.
Television were an especially expensive luxury, that could only be afforted by the upper class.
A normal workman had to work for 2years to be able to afford such a device.

Also the TV-programmes were really limited.
So the germans didn't really do a lot of TV-watching when "I love Lucy" became this big hit

I actually find this pretty interesting asd
Back to top Go down
Mike`

Mike`

PostSubject: Re: Brittana fanfiction   Brittana fanfiction - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 4:29 pm

OH DUH. That makes so much more sense now, I entirely gapped the fact that Europe was beyond bankrupt after WWII.
Back to top Go down
eli_

eli_

PostSubject: Re: Brittana fanfiction   Brittana fanfiction - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 4:37 pm

My dad was a kid in the 50s, and he says they only had one TV in the whole block, owned by a rich family, and once a week they'd put it in the house backyard to let all the kids in the neighbourhood watch it. Also it only had one channel (dunno why you're talking about this in the fanfic thread asd )
Back to top Go down
Dina

Dina

PostSubject: Re: Brittana fanfiction   Brittana fanfiction - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 4:40 pm

eli_ wrote:
My dad was a kid in the 50s, and he says they only had one TV in the whole block, owned by a rich family, and once a week they'd put it in the house backyard to let all the kids in the neighbourhood watch it. Also it only had one channel (dunno why you're talking about this in the fanfic thread asd )

yup - I guess we found our reason for the lack of lucy love in our lifes Wink
I agree, this discussion got a bit out of hand but it started on-topic and only with the best intentions Laughing
Back to top Go down
Cora_

Cora_

PostSubject: Re: Brittana fanfiction   Brittana fanfiction - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 5:11 pm

But it's not just the 50s airing - it's been such a standard pop culture reference ever since then. That's what's so insane to me. "Luuuucy, I'm home!" All the parodies of it, the Lucy impersonators, the visual iconography, the mentions in best-of lists and all kinds of clip shows, the casual references all the time in books and movies and other TV shows. It's everywhere. This is kind of blowing my mind, TBH. Laughing It's like someone saying they've never heard of the Beatles.

And I refuse to apologize for off-topic, because wasn't that the point of this board? Every thread can be off topic! LOL. It's freeing.
Back to top Go down
Jugz da' Clown

Jugz da' Clown

PostSubject: Re: Brittana fanfiction   Brittana fanfiction - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 5:22 pm

I understand not having ever watched it, but I find it bizarre never having even heard of I Love Lucy. To me, it's like someone never having even heard of The Wizard of Oz.
yahoo

Back to top Go down
eli_

eli_

PostSubject: Re: Brittana fanfiction   Brittana fanfiction - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 5:26 pm

if the latest spoilers are true, what does that mean for your fic, Cora? Still going for a Brittana happy ending?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brittana fanfiction   Brittana fanfiction - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Brittana fanfiction
Page 2 of 18Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 18  Next