Welcome to Random Thoughts. This forum is for everything, whatever we feel like discussing. Nothing is off-topic. Go for it!

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Random thoughts VII

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VII   Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:33 pm

It's really good with a slice or two of it in brown sauce though. Like, when you're making the sauce smile
Back to top Go down
http://a-lot-of-heart-a-little-crazy.tumblr.com/
mardou

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VII   Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:20 pm

I found this sitetoday and I think it's genius. It tells you what you should be driking depending on what you're listening to. yahoo
Back to top Go down
Shanna_

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VII   Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:43 pm

If I ever needed a reminder that I'm not 12 anymore today was it. They kept making me fall over and over again in one of the shows. I had to fall face first and about broke my wrist trying brace myself. I found a way to give more and not fury the wrist eventually but jammed both of my shoulders. I have floor burn on the tops of both feet for having to slide across the floor repeatedly and I lost a battle with a folding chair causing all kinds of interesting leg bruises. I just don't bounce like I used to.
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VII   Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:34 am

mardou wrote:
I found this sitetoday and I think it's genius. It tells you what you should be driking depending on what you're listening to. yahoo

I checked out the website and put in a few different artists while I was having a play with it. Most things come up with, a glass of this... etc usually in a 10 or 6 oz glass. If you put in glee however, it tells you to drink "A bottle of Macallan scotch" lulz Dangerous!!
Back to top Go down
mardou

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VII   Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:45 am

^LOOOOOL
if you put The Doors it says "1 oz. LSD" Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Jugz da' Clown

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VII   Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:40 am

mardou wrote:

Bookmarked it thumbs up
Back to top Go down
Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VII   Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:46 am

ROFL Powered by The Echo Nest, Last.fm and what's left of our livers.
Back to top Go down
Sez

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VII   Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:07 am

So all that stuff with my friend is sorted, I guess she was worried about her father at the time. He's not better yet but getting there. So I'm sorta happy now smile
Back to top Go down
http://sezsisatotalgleekhehe.tumblr.com/
Jugz da' Clown

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VII   Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:20 am

Charlie wrote:
ROFL Powered by The Echo Nest, Last.fm and what's left of our livers.

Liver schmiver. I'm listening to ZZ Top ("Balinese") and it suggests for me to combine 8 oz. Canadian club whiskey and 8 oz Coco Lopez (cream of coconut). That sounds like something I'd like.
Back to top Go down
Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VII   Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:51 am

Sounds like something I'd like too. Balinese... Lol. Less than a month now!
Back to top Go down
Mike`

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VII   Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:59 am

Lucky my internal clock is awesome!

Stupid daylight savings time; my phone's clock didn't switch, so my alarm didn't go off. If it had of gone off when it was supposed to, it'd be the beginning of class rather than an hour before. hash

Body naturally woke me up on time though. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VII   Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:30 am

Apparently this week the UK will be hotter than mexico. I hope thats true. I wants me some sunshine smile
Back to top Go down
Shanna_

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VII   Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:34 am

I'm jealous that you adjust well to the time change. I have a hard time getting up if it's dark outside and it is definitely dark right now. I just desperately want to hide under the blankets until the sun comes out. I now need a lot of coffee...
Back to top Go down
Shanna_

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VII   Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:38 am

Span_ski wrote:
Apparently this week the UK will be hotter than mexico. I hope thats true. I wants me some sunshine smile
Unusual warmth is kind of fun. My town is supposed to be warmer than LA for the next several days! It's crazy!!!
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VII   Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:05 am

Yeah. I hope it's warm smile. I'm doing some voluntary work tomorrow outside, so warm would be good.
Back to top Go down
cinco

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VII   Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:31 am

Global warming, where are you gonna lead us to?
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VII   Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:40 am

My theory, back in uni was that northern europe would get colder after a bit of heating up. Once the ice caps go, the ocean currents which allow our temperate weather would stop, and we'd be freezing. Luckily I doubt I'll be around to find out if I'm right or not...

You'd also expect to see more extremes in weather, more hurricanes, extreme hot and cold spells, that kind of thing. You could argue that is actually happening. You'd need someone who's been doing some more recent research though, and as with most things you could argue whether we're seeing the natural order of things, or an influenced change. Shrug

Geekin' over.
Back to top Go down
cinco

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VII   Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:45 am

Well... the winter has colder peaks, which is also related to the melting of the ice caps.
Back to top Go down
Sez

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VII   Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:09 am

It's 35 Celsius here in Adelaide tomorrow....we usually get Indian summers around this time of year ourselves lol.
Back to top Go down
http://sezsisatotalgleekhehe.tumblr.com/
Dina

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VII   Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:18 am

Re: global warming: have you seen 'An unconvenient truth'?
If you overlook the self-praising by Al Gore it's really interesting and well done. And quite shocking, too.
For example this huge glacial, that scientists thought would be stable for at least a few hundred years, melted within 30days.
Of course it's a bit over-dramaticized, I for one don't believe in another ice age that's coming any time soon, but it shows you, how current this topic really is.

And it also criticizes that the USA is a major cause of this but won't do anything against it (my only comment is Kyoto... -.- ).
Because, yeah China is a big polluter as well, but they are just catching up unto the standards we have been enjoying in the West for a long time and to say: "Stop industrializing now!" Well, if I was China i'd also say: "You caused this, we're just doing what you did."

I'm pretty interested in this whole environment and climate change and possible solutions - thing.
Back to top Go down
cinco

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VII   Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:26 am

MsFalange wrote:
I'm pretty interested in this whole environment and climate change and possible solutions - thing.

It's like humanity receives the bill for the lifestyle of the rich western countries in the 20th century.
See also the economic crisis and such.
And I don't see it getting better within a short amount of time.
There might be a rainbow at the end of the horizon, but that horizon is mighty far away.
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VII   Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:35 pm

It's already been exposed that the scientists have been altering data to make it look worse than it is, and to lay the blame, and the bill, on us.

What we're seeing is the natural order of things, and it has been happening for many many years already.

I'll see if I can find the source for it.
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VII   Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:41 pm

I'll wait and see the source, but I think there's some truth to both sides of the argument. There's no denying, humans have changed stuff, but I don't doubt for a second some studied have been manipulated. With regards to what would have naturally happened I would imagine that whilst not completely causing all issues, man is speeding up the proceedings quite considerably.

It's a good debate topic though.. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VII   Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:49 pm

Yes! Conspiracy theorist Celia has arrived! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VII   Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:10 pm

Charlie wrote:
Yes! Conspiracy theorist Celia has arrived! Very Happy

Be afraid, be very afraid yahoo yahoo yahoo yahoo

Laughing

Here's something to start off with. If you want you can google Climategate and Climategate 2.0, to read the emails.
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970204452104577059830626002226.html

Something is definitely up, and I don't believe or trust in politicians and their "scientists" for a second.

However, I do believe humanity is a virus upon this earth, and I question the good of our existence. But I HATE being lied to, and I feel in my heart that we are.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VII   

Back to top Go down

Random thoughts VII
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 39 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next