Random Thoughts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Random Thoughts. This forum is for everything, whatever we feel like discussing. Nothing is off-topic. Go for it!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Random thoughts VI

Go down 
+11
mardou
Jugz da' Clown
Isa
Dina
Shanna_
Charles
eli_
Sez
MissLilly
Mike`
Phyxrak
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
mardou

mardou

Random thoughts VI - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VI   Random thoughts VI - Page 39 EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 6:08 am

Charlie wrote:
My girlfriend has a little chuckle whenever she hears déjà vu used in an English sentence.
I felt the same way while watching "The Spanish Teacher" tongue
Back to top Go down
Jugz da' Clown

Jugz da' Clown

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VI   Random thoughts VI - Page 39 EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 6:40 am

mardou wrote:
Charlie wrote:
My girlfriend has a little chuckle whenever she hears déjà vu used in an English sentence.
I felt the same way while watching "The Spanish Teacher" tongue

I felt secondhand embarrassment watching Mr Schue in The Spanish Teacher. Remember when he used to be cool?
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VI   Random thoughts VI - Page 39 EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 6:50 am

ROFL
Back to top Go down
Sez

Sez

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VI   Random thoughts VI - Page 39 EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 7:24 am

Mr Shue scarred me during "A little less conversation" LOL
Back to top Go down
http://sezsisatotalgleekhehe.tumblr.com/
Dina

Dina

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VI   Random thoughts VI - Page 39 EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 2:28 pm

I was at my friends house from 3pm-7pm, to study for math, came back and finished my social change presentation.
My approach for the presentation, since I don't really have the time to prepare my talk very explicitly, is that I'll make my talk very short and then I'll just hand out a text, where it basically says:

Childless people above 22 years have to pay higher rates for the nursing care insurance.
I'll have them read it, then I'll show this statistic (Childless in Germany):

Random thoughts VI - Page 39 Photo_1292591396443-1-0

Then - considering this - I'll ask them, whether they think that this way (by increasing rates) of dealing with the demographic change is appropriate.
And if they think it isn't, what they're thoughts about possible approaches are.

Tadaa - they'll have to do most of the talking and I'm off the hook Wink
Back to top Go down
eli_

eli_

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VI   Random thoughts VI - Page 39 EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 3:06 pm

I got my new glasses today! They are stronger than my old ones and I feel soooo weird. I shouldn't be even on the computer until I get used to them but who cares Laughing
Since I have no fasion sense whatsoever I went for the most boring pair
Random thoughts VI - Page 39 L2602%20001.jpg&w=370&h=185
Back to top Go down
Shanna_

Shanna_

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VI   Random thoughts VI - Page 39 EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 3:21 pm

I think those glasses look cute!
Back to top Go down
Dina

Dina

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VI   Random thoughts VI - Page 39 EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 3:31 pm

I think they look awesome, eli! Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
Shanna_

Shanna_

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VI   Random thoughts VI - Page 39 EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 3:39 pm

I think I'm going to shop for glasses Tuesday. I need to buy them this month so that I can get some money back for them.
Back to top Go down
eli_

eli_

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VI   Random thoughts VI - Page 39 EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 4:45 pm

ahaha my cousin just came back from a 2 weeks in London. She says the worst part was not having a bidet, so she kinda ended up taking a shower after every toilet visit lulz but srsly how do you people round the world manage without it
Back to top Go down
mardou

mardou

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VI   Random thoughts VI - Page 39 EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 4:50 pm

I'm with you eli, I don't understand why there isnt a bidet in every bathroom of this world. Probably what I hated the most about hotels in USA.
Back to top Go down
Shanna_

Shanna_

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VI   Random thoughts VI - Page 39 EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 5:10 pm

Bidets have never really crossed my mind.
Back to top Go down
Dina

Dina

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VI   Random thoughts VI - Page 39 EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 5:15 pm

lulz I think I can count the times I have seen a bidet in germany on one hand ROFL
My problem in London are the public sanitary installations - because mostly you don't even want to get anywhere near them - they just look horrible.

Problem in NY: The States have a 110 Volt power sytsem - most others (including us europes) have 220V - it was just awesome when I plugged my hair straightener in and aside from the light glowing very dimly, nothing happened.

So, whenever I visit Italy, I'll be expecting a lot of bidets Laughing

EDIT: Oh, also when I was in NY, the toilets always looked like they are flooded to me.
Really, on my first day I was like: SHIT - either you broke something or this was already broken, why is there so much WATER??!?

EDIT²: ALSO I just remembered - they work differently, first all the water in it was 'sucked' out and then it was refilled. yahoo It was all just very strange
lulz I guess, I'm making a total fool out of myself right now, but this really fascinated me Laughing
Back to top Go down
eli_

eli_

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VI   Random thoughts VI - Page 39 EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 5:26 pm

how's the water sucked out? I thought all toilets worked the same scratch

and YOU, people without a bidet in your life, just think about this: what's cleaner: water + soap or toilet paper? mh? MH?
Back to top Go down
mardou

mardou

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VI   Random thoughts VI - Page 39 EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 5:29 pm

eli_ wrote:
and YOU, people without a bidet in your life, just think about this: what's cleaner: water + soap or toilet paper? mh? MH?

hahahaaaaaaa
Plus1
Back to top Go down
Dina

Dina

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VI   Random thoughts VI - Page 39 EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 5:31 pm

eli_ wrote:
how's the water sucked out? I thought all toilets worked the same scratch

I thought so, too - that's why I was a bit freaked out Laughing
The toilets I used to know, would just 'flush' the toilet with water.
But there when you push the button, firstly all the water disappears (I guess down the same way, everything else goes) and then it's refilled with water. Laughing

And like I said: the water-level was a lot higher, than I was used to... god this discussion is so strange Laughing
Back to top Go down
Mike`

Mike`

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VI   Random thoughts VI - Page 39 EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 5:34 pm

I had to google what a bidet was. hash I've never seen one before in my life.

And yeah, I know North American toilets use a lot more water, but we're decadent that way. tongue
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VI   Random thoughts VI - Page 39 EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 5:35 pm

MsFalange wrote:
god this discussion is so strange Laughing

Yeah, and hilarious.

I never really thought about toilets that much...

-----

Went to see some waterfalls today just outside the city. It was beautiful...

Random thoughts VI - Page 39 421482_10150803970094018_726789017_12277187_507652506_n
Back to top Go down
Dina

Dina

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VI   Random thoughts VI - Page 39 EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 5:39 pm

Okay only this last one: I have no idea why, but the toilet was also installed a lot lower than what I was used to! ROFL
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VI   Random thoughts VI - Page 39 EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 5:42 pm

I've traveled a bit and pee'd in a lot of toilets, but I can honestly say I've never given it much thought. Laughing.. Ok maybe one time in thailand, but it's normal to miss something more than a hole in the floor right?!

Mike` wrote:
I had to google what a bidet was. hash I've never seen one before in my life.

And yeah, I know North American toilets use a lot more water, but we're decadent that way. tongue

lulz

Isabela wrote:
MsFalange wrote:
god this discussion is so strange Laughing

Yeah, and hilarious.

I never really thought about toilets that much...

-----

Went to see some waterfalls today just outside the city. It was beautiful...

Random thoughts VI - Page 39 421482_10150803970094018_726789017_12277187_507652506_n

Beautiful!
Back to top Go down
eli_

eli_

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VI   Random thoughts VI - Page 39 EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 5:42 pm

Now I really need to see what US toilets look like! Laughing
Fun fact: in italian a toilet is called "water". In english.

And I'm a pro in peeing into holes on the ground, I got a lot of practice on trains.

god what did I just wrote. Subject change please?
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VI   Random thoughts VI - Page 39 EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 5:48 pm

I can pee in holes lol...no problem... geologist, very used to field pee's (overshare I know sorry)

This particular place was just spectacularly uncomfortable.... There aren't words.

On that note.. I'm going Laughing
Back to top Go down
Dina

Dina

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VI   Random thoughts VI - Page 39 EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 5:49 pm

eli_ wrote:
Now I really need to see what US toilets look like! Laughing
Fun fact: in italian a toilet is called "water". In english.

And I'm a pro in peeing into holes on the ground, I got a lot of practice on trains.

god what did I just wrote. Subject change please?

Uuhm - what? lulz lulz ROFL

I can't believe what I'm about to do, but here: an american toilet with the insane water-level (I have never googled so many pictures of toilets Laughing)

Random thoughts VI - Page 39 Amerika-toiletten-uellstand

God, I know we should move on, but this is just too funny Laughing lulz
Back to top Go down
eli_

eli_

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VI   Random thoughts VI - Page 39 EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 5:52 pm

^^^oh, no, that can't be right. way too much water! I see what you mean now.
And ever been on a train with turkish toilets?

Last edited by eli_ on Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mardou

mardou

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VI   Random thoughts VI - Page 39 EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 5:52 pm

eli you're cracking me up today ROFL
When it comes to pee I'm like Federer. Good in every surface (?).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VI   Random thoughts VI - Page 39 Empty

Back to top Go down

Random thoughts VI
Page 39 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next