Random Thoughts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Random Thoughts. This forum is for everything, whatever we feel like discussing. Nothing is off-topic. Go for it!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Random thoughts V

Go down 
+12
Alison DiLaurentis
Jugz da' Clown
Niklas
Dina
mardou
Shanna_
Sez
MissLilly
Isa
Span_ski
eli_
Charles
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
eli_

eli_

Random thoughts V - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts V   Random thoughts V - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 6:01 pm

sorry, I didn't realize FoxItaly was racist. Trying to find something else

eta: uploaded it on tumblr
Back to top Go down
Shanna_

Shanna_

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts V   Random thoughts V - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 6:22 pm

MissLilly wrote:
Shanna_ wrote:
I'm exhausted and I've unfortunately over committed myself this weekend. I think I might be living on coffee until Tuesday night when I actually have a moment to relax.

So what you up to then Shanna?

And don't forget to eat as well! You'll need calories and proteins and such to keep you going. Coffee will only get you so far.
Eating, what's that?! I've been too busy for that pesky task! Soup for lunch and just coffee for meals the last several days. Well, that and some candy. I must have my pixy stixs. Work, rehearsal, family and some sort of social life seems to take up my time. Tonight I get to volunteer for a concert at an art's venue. Ushering and refreshments.
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts V   Random thoughts V - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 6:28 pm

With all that physical work, you'll def need nourishment though or you'll hit the floor fast!
If you don't have the time, make the time Wink
Back to top Go down
http://a-lot-of-heart-a-little-crazy.tumblr.com/
Shanna_

Shanna_

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts V   Random thoughts V - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 6:36 pm

Nah, I've gotten the hang of living on coffee. I take vitamins which make ot all good.
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts V   Random thoughts V - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 6:51 pm

Well, be careful Shanna!
Back to top Go down
Niklas

Niklas

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts V   Random thoughts V - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 6:54 pm

MsFalange wrote:
I think Germany is one of the (few?) countries that (almost) doesn't use subtitles at all.
They synchronize everything and I hate it.
You're so right. Thumbs Down In Benelux and Scandinavian countries only cartoon movies/shows get dubbed and everything else is shown in the original version with subtitles but sometimes I really get the impression most people over here in Germany are too lazy to watch movies and TV shows with subtitles because that's too exhausting for them and they'd rather relax and watch it dubbed. People even think you're a total weirdo for watching movies in the original version.

The only exception for me are cartoon shows and animated movies like the old Disney classics. Especially older Disney movies are dubbed on the highest level possible and if you grow up watching a Disney movie in German you develop some "sense of identification" and you'll always connect to these voices because they are the ones you grew up with or were introduced to the movie with.

I've watched movies and TV shows only in English for the last years except when there's no other way for me. Like when I watch a movie with friends or my family, I'm fored to watch it in German. Altogether I'm absolutely against dubbing but still I have to say that it seems to me like many German dubbings are still pretty decent and watchable compared to other countries. But maby I only feel so because German is my mother language.

Not gonna lie, German Glee is the worst dubbed thing I've ever seen (or more so, heard). The voices are all soooo unfitting and ridiculous and you can't take the characters serious in any way. Not to mention the translation. The people who are responsible for translating the scripts obviously don't speak the slightest English. And there's also the fact that the songs are extremely edited for German TV and so sped-up and high-pitched you can't recognize the singer's voices anymore.

I didn't mean to write such an extensive post, sorry for that! mistake
Back to top Go down
eli_

eli_

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts V   Random thoughts V - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 6:58 pm

Niklas it's the exact same thing in Italy...!

disney multilanguage
Back to top Go down
Dina

Dina

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts V   Random thoughts V - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 7:09 pm

Niklas wrote:

I've watched movies and TV shows only in English for the last years except when there's no other way for me. Like when I watch a movie with friends or my family, I'm fored to watch it in German. Altogether I'm absolutely against dubbing but still I have to say that it seems to me like many German dubbings are still pretty decent and watchable compared to other countries. But maby I only feel so because German is my mother language.

Not gonna lie, German Glee is the worst dubbed thing I've ever seen (or more so, heard). The voices are all soooo unfitting and ridiculous and you can't take the characters serious in any way. Not to mention the translation. The people who are responsible for translating the scripts obviously don't speak the slightest English. And there's also the fact that the songs are extremely edited for German TV and so sped-up and high-pitched you can't recognize the singer's voices anymore

AMEN zu all dem! Wink
Esp. german-glee. Tried to watch the pilot & turned the TV off after 10minutes, it was just too hard to handle
Back to top Go down
Jugz da' Clown

Jugz da' Clown

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts V   Random thoughts V - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 7:37 pm

They even dub the songs in Disney movies! noo

I watched quite a few things dubbed in German when I was a kid, actually. It was always weird. Lol
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts V   Random thoughts V - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 8:04 pm

Well I kinda wanna watch that disney movie now anyway lol....

Does anyone have any links to glee dubbed in Spanish / Portuguese.... I think this may be a good way for me to get used to the language... I've watched them all so many times in English... maybe watching it in another language will subliminally help me or something before I have to venture to a non city with my bad Spanglish lol.
Back to top Go down
Jugz da' Clown

Jugz da' Clown

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts V   Random thoughts V - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 8:14 pm

"We Are Siamese" from Lady & the Tramp in Norwegian!- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hD4EBrDjzwc&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts V   Random thoughts V - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 8:22 pm

Hey can i ask you guys something?

With flammable stuff on the planes e.g. deoderant, shaving gels etc, are they completely prohibited? Or is there somewhere you can put them?

I'm packing and i don't know what to do with my shit haha.

Last edited by voteforalice1 on Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mardou

mardou

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts V   Random thoughts V - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 8:34 pm

Span_ski wrote:
Well I kinda wanna watch that disney movie now anyway lol....

Does anyone have any links to glee dubbed in Spanish / Portuguese.... I think this may be a good way for me to get used to the language... I've watched them all so many times in English... maybe watching it in another language will subliminally help me or something before I have to venture to a non city with my bad Spanglish lol.

here you have season 1&2 in spanish. just click the links with a spanish flag. it's online.
and here season 1,2,3 and glee project (lol) with download links smile

voteforalice1 wrote:

With flammable stuff on the planes e.g. deoderant, shaving gels etc, are they completely prohibited? Or is there somewhere you can put them?
I think they're completely prohibited. And things like knifes or penknifes. Even toothpaste.
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts V   Random thoughts V - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 8:43 pm

Jugz da' Clown wrote:
"We Are Siamese" from Lady & the Tramp in Norwegian!- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hD4EBrDjzwc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Lol! Do you understand it? I actually prefer the Disney movies in english, except for Ice Age, because they have done some awesome work with the voices/dialects on there, so it's much funnier in norwegian than it is in english.

voteforalice1 wrote:

I think that everything that is liquid/gel can only be in 2 dl (200ml) containers, if you're going to carry it on the plane. If it's bigger you have to check it in.
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts V   Random thoughts V - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 8:49 pm

Just put then in your bag, Alice, and not in your hand luggage. If you put them in your hand luggage or purse they are going to make you leave them behind.

-------------

I'm completely annoyed by dubbing. I can't watch TCM most of the time because all films are dubbed without option to original version. I mean, how am I supposed to watch Elizabeth Taylor without Elizabeth Taylor's voice? I'm annoyed with little details like that and I just can't watch dubbed movies. I absolutely need subtitles. Sometimes I watch Brazilian movies with subtiles, because I'm so used to it I'm afraid I will miss parts of dialogues. LOL I might have a hearing problem... but I was tested before and I was told my hearing is excellent, so I dunno, just habit, I guess.

In Spain I wanted to go to the movies and all movies were dubbed except in smaller theaters. In Barcelona the choice was Spanish or Catalan. In Granada I was so tired the last day and it was so hot I went to the first theater I found and I saw Pirates of Caribean in Spanish. It was ridiculous! LOL
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts V   Random thoughts V - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 8:51 pm

voteforalice1 wrote:

deoderant in a can is fine in your hand luggage if it's less than 100ml... same with the gels etc. any more, then just put them in your check in luggage and it's usually fine.

Make up and perfume, just make sure it's less than 100ml and fits in those little plastic bags if it's going in your hand luggage. Trust me it's gutting to lose a nice perfume just beacuse it's in a 125ml bottle. That said I got all the way here with 200ml of insect repellent in my hand luggage no probs lol.... it's hit and miss. If in doubt just put it in your check in stuff. smile
Back to top Go down
Jugz da' Clown

Jugz da' Clown

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts V   Random thoughts V - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 8:54 pm

Last time I flew somewhere, there were sooo many personal care products sitting on every available surface near the security line. People had to take prohibited stuff out of their carry-on and just leave it there. I wouldn't bring any of the that sort of stuff.
Back to top Go down
Jugz da' Clown

Jugz da' Clown

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts V   Random thoughts V - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 8:58 pm

Span_ski wrote:
voteforalice1 wrote:

deoderant in a can is fine in your hand luggage if it's less than 100ml... same with the gels etc. any more, then just put them in your check in luggage and it's usually fine.

Make up and perfume, just make sure it's less than 100ml and fits in those little plastic bags if it's going in your hand luggage. Trust me it's gutting to lose a nice perfume just beacuse it's in a 125ml bottle. That said I got all the way here with 200ml of insect repellent in my hand luggage no probs lol.... it's hit and miss. If in doubt just put it in your check in stuff. smile

Well, you know the rules better than I do. They are always getting stricter and stricter about what you're allowed to bring on planes.
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts V   Random thoughts V - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 9:15 pm

Awesome. Thanks guys smile

Span_ski wrote:

This is what i'll do lol.

I don't really fly to travel (i cruise), so this stuff is confusing tongue

Catch y'all later Span
Group hug
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts V   Random thoughts V - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 9:31 pm

Are you leaving now Alice?
Have a good trip Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts V   Random thoughts V - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 9:33 pm

De nada!

Hasta luego!

have a safe trip... enjoy! Happy
Back to top Go down
Mike`

Mike`

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts V   Random thoughts V - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 9:39 pm

Oh drunktexting. I'ma regret that one in the morning when I grow some balls and read the reply. hash

Now, repeats of Smooth Criminal.
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts V   Random thoughts V - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 9:43 pm

Lol, Mike! Do tell what you wrote and to who? tongue
Back to top Go down
Mike`

Mike`

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts V   Random thoughts V - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 9:45 pm

Awww na, too drunk too rehash that bad choice of judgement right now. Laughing Gonna smoke a bong, lay in bed with SC on repeat, and black out in safety. tongue
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts V   Random thoughts V - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 9:50 pm

Ah, bummer!
Well, have a good sleep then canada (haha, I just wanted to use that smiley)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts V   Random thoughts V - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Random thoughts V
Page 3 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next