Random Thoughts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Random Thoughts. This forum is for everything, whatever we feel like discussing. Nothing is off-topic. Go for it!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Random thoughts IV

Go down 
+11
Dina
eli_
Mike`
Jugz da' Clown
Sez
Shanna_
Span_ski
Alison DiLaurentis
Charles
Isa
MissLilly
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Isa

Isa

Random thoughts IV - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts IV   Random thoughts IV - Page 38 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 2:19 pm

Just saw this. National stereotypes are fun. fiesta

Random thoughts IV - Page 38 403048_2313568939288_1851381538_1524973_1535731667_n
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts IV   Random thoughts IV - Page 38 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 2:30 pm

^ lulz
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts IV   Random thoughts IV - Page 38 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 2:33 pm

Except, I'm from Brazil and I do like Carnaval. And I think most of Brazilians like it too, even if only for the 5 day break.
Back to top Go down
Dina

Dina

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts IV   Random thoughts IV - Page 38 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 2:39 pm

I hate carnaval. With a passion.
I'm either gonna hide in the basement or meet with my bandmates, eat some pizza and watch some DVDs
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts IV   Random thoughts IV - Page 38 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 2:40 pm

LOL What exactly is Carnaval in Germany?

EDIT: Carnaval in Brazil is something like this:

Random thoughts IV - Page 38 800px-carnival_in_rio_de_janeiro

Random thoughts IV - Page 38 Carnaval

Random thoughts IV - Page 38 S%C3%A3o-lu%C3%ADs-do-paraitinga_2008_divulga%C3%A7%C3%A3oprefeitura

Random thoughts IV - Page 38 Carnaval-salvador
Back to top Go down
Dina

Dina

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts IV   Random thoughts IV - Page 38 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 2:48 pm

Exactly! It's WINTER it's freaking cold, people dress up funnily (sort of of what Halloween is for Americans - only without the scary thing) and also slutty. Then they get really really drunk and you have these huge, decorated cars and marching bands walking through the street, throwing sweets into the crowd that is screamin "HELLAU" or "ALAAF".

I don't like it... -.-

Pictures:

Random thoughts IV - Page 38 Karneval_3077
Random thoughts IV - Page 38 220px-CarnivalKoeln2006
Random thoughts IV - Page 38 Koeln

The last picture is a "Funkenmariechen" which is basically a cheerleader for carnival?! Ugh I hate it. I HATE it!
Back to top Go down
Dina

Dina

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts IV   Random thoughts IV - Page 38 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 2:50 pm

Costumes:

Random thoughts IV - Page 38 Karnevalskostueme1

You can go as anything you want really...
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts IV   Random thoughts IV - Page 38 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 2:53 pm

LOL I didn't know there was such a thing in Germany!
Back to top Go down
Dina

Dina

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts IV   Random thoughts IV - Page 38 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 2:59 pm

Oh yes, there is. The Cologne folks take their carnival very serious!
All the hotels in Cologne are booked because they especially have this huge celebration.

So in my opinion all these crazy people here should get into the train, hop off an hour later in cologne and leave me alone, because the music pisses me off, the people piss me off, the costumes piss me off and it's making me all just very, very angry... hrm - I think I may have talked myself into a bit of a rant there mistake
Back to top Go down
Dina

Dina

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts IV   Random thoughts IV - Page 38 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 3:13 pm

Okay only this before I let this go. so apparently this is a classic "carnival-song" in cologne and I'm gonna translate the lyrics real quickly, they say:

Schnapps! That was his last word, then the angels carried him away
Schnapps! That was his last word, then the angels carried him away

And so he came to heaven, where they served him milk.
Against such a treatment the slop protested!

Schnapps!... etc.

So he came to hell and his thirst became an agony.
But aside from hot sulphur there was nothing in the pub.

etc. etc.

It really only is about getting drunk and embarrassing yourself
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts IV   Random thoughts IV - Page 38 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 3:35 pm

We have carnival too, but it's mostly just for kids. They dress up in kindergarten and in school and such. Some have carnival parties and invite their friends.

Also some adults dress up and get drunk. But we have nothing in the streets or anything. It's all in the private of ones home.
Back to top Go down
http://a-lot-of-heart-a-little-crazy.tumblr.com/
eli_

eli_

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts IV   Random thoughts IV - Page 38 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 4:13 pm

We have Carnival too! In Italy is some serious buisness. We have costumes and parties. And confetti, loads and loads of confetti. (we actually call them "coriandoli", lol, "confetto" is the name of a sweet).
Random thoughts IV - Page 38 8395409 Random thoughts IV - Page 38 Carnevale-di-viareggio-programma-date-eventi Random thoughts IV - Page 38 Carnevale-viareggio Random thoughts IV - Page 38 Viareggio Carnival of Viareggio
I always go there cos it's near my city.
There's also the Venice Carnival, I guess that's the most famous one, but I always avoided it because of the crowd. And it's not that easy to dress like this
Random thoughts IV - Page 38 CarnevaleVenezia
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts IV   Random thoughts IV - Page 38 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 5:02 pm

Wish we'd make more of carnival too. Guess we're just not that festive people up here in the north Shrug
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts IV   Random thoughts IV - Page 38 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 6:16 pm

All your Carnivals look awesome. I wanna go! (except i get really freaked out by people wearing masks, so i dunno haha)

We have don't have Carnival, but we have an epic Mardi Gras hahah. You'll see what i mean if you google-image it....half naked people on floats just spreading the gayness.
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts IV   Random thoughts IV - Page 38 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 7:49 pm

Slow day in here today..

bored
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts IV   Random thoughts IV - Page 38 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 7:58 pm

Yeah... Shrug

I loved the new avi, Lilly!

Kenzy rules! I'm stuck at episode 3 of season 2. It's hard to watch episodes while my dad is here.
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts IV   Random thoughts IV - Page 38 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 8:05 pm

Thanks smile

I wish I had more episodes left to watch. I've started at the beginning again while I wait for a new one Laughing

So what you and your daddy been up to today?
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts IV   Random thoughts IV - Page 38 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 8:18 pm

Oh, nothing much, just some quality family time, you know. I was working so I couldn't do much during the day. He cooked for me for lunch and tonight we went shopping. My stepmom bought some things for my apartment. And then we watched documentaries on TV. It's nice to have my home full. smile
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts IV   Random thoughts IV - Page 38 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 8:27 pm

Sounds like a good day!
It's quite nice to have people in the house, isn't it smile

I've noticed I like it as well, now that I have my cousin living here for the time being. It's nice to have company. And someone to cook for. I'm making proper food and everything now, instead of just making a pizza or something easy when it's just for me Laughing
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts IV   Random thoughts IV - Page 38 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 8:29 pm

Isabela wrote:
LOL What exactly is Carnaval in Germany?

EDIT: Carnaval in Brazil is something like this:

Random thoughts IV - Page 38 800px-carnival_in_rio_de_janeiro

Random thoughts IV - Page 38 Carnaval

Random thoughts IV - Page 38 S%C3%A3o-lu%C3%ADs-do-paraitinga_2008_divulga%C3%A7%C3%A3oprefeitura

Random thoughts IV - Page 38 Carnaval-salvador

I'm not good with crowds.. bad time to bring this up lol?

ha ha ha... just kidding (well not really, but i'll man up for the event!)
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts IV   Random thoughts IV - Page 38 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 8:35 pm

LOL I'm not a fan of crowds either. Only the first picture is Rio, and we are not going there because it's too expensive. But we'll have fun, don't worry.

Lilly, it is great to have people in the house, yes. Especially when they cook and when they buy me stuff. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Jugz da' Clown

Jugz da' Clown

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts IV   Random thoughts IV - Page 38 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 8:55 pm

I don't like huge crowds either. They make feel like an insignificant ant or a herd animal. And they are scary.
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts IV   Random thoughts IV - Page 38 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 9:12 pm

I'm very short, so I tend to get lost in them.... then I cant find anyone...

On a plus... I'm like a pigeon... always make my way home lol
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts IV   Random thoughts IV - Page 38 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 9:16 pm

Crowds stress me out. I can deal with them, but only for a short while before I need to get away.
Back to top Go down
mardou

mardou

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts IV   Random thoughts IV - Page 38 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 9:17 pm

Span_ski wrote:
I'm very short, so I tend to get lost in them.... then I cant find anyone...

On a plus... I'm like a pigeon... always make my way home lol
Truth Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts IV   Random thoughts IV - Page 38 Empty

Back to top Go down

Random thoughts IV
Page 38 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next