Welcome to Random Thoughts. This forum is for everything, whatever we feel like discussing. Nothing is off-topic. Go for it!

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Random thoughts III

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts III   Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:51 am

Shanna_ wrote:
In a surprising turn of events with my friend from yesterday came in today and said that she wasn't doing either option and wants to hang out with me instead.

Happy days! Looks like it's going to be a good Thursday smile
Back to top Go down
Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts III   Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:54 am

Shanna_ wrote:
In a surprising turn of events with my friend from yesterday came in today and said that she wasn't doing either option and wants to hang out with me instead.

I'm glad she's seen the light. Perhaps she's ready to try a girl, as you suggested yesterday? Wink tongue
Back to top Go down
Shanna_

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts III   Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:35 am

I don't thilk she's going to go girl tomorrow. She will one day just not yet.
Back to top Go down
Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts III   Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:04 am

Shanna_ wrote:

One day... ROFL
Back to top Go down
Mike`

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts III   Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:03 am

That was a scary fifteen minutes, thank God Sammy saw that I left my phone at school!! Now I'm phoneless for a day. Sad
Back to top Go down
Isa

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts III   Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:10 pm

Mike` wrote:
That was a scary fifteen minutes, thank God Sammy saw that I left my phone at school!! Now I'm phoneless for a day. Sad

Huh... what happened, Mike? confused
Back to top Go down
Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts III   Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:24 pm

36 minutes until shift finishes and overtime starts and counting...
Back to top Go down
Shanna_

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts III   Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:26 pm

Charlie wrote:
Shanna_ wrote:

One day... ROFL
That girl will one day date a girl. She has way too many exceptions that are girls on her dating exception list. She's in love with Zooey Deschanel and she just told me how hot Reese Witherspoon's "tits" are.
Back to top Go down
Dina

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts III   Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:31 pm

This was emotionally the most draining day in my young life. I've had a lot of crappy days these past 6years but this one just left me... empty? It's hard to describe really.
And seeing the coffin makes the death of a loved person always that much more real.
I really am exhausted right now. I find it crazy how your psychological condition can influence your physical one that much.

I'm longing for this weekend, i need to catch up some sleep!
Back to top Go down
Shanna_

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts III   Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:36 pm

MsFalange wrote:
This was emotionally the most draining day in my young life. I've had a lot of crappy days these past 6years but this one just left me... empty? It's hard to describe really.
And seeing the coffin makes the death of a loved person always that much more real.
I really am exhausted right now. I find it crazy how your psychological condition can influence your physical one that much.

It's a horrible thing to have to go through. It's hard and it hurts. Just remember to keep leaning on people Hug
Back to top Go down
Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts III   Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:48 pm

Cwtch @ Dina
Back to top Go down
Isa

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts III   Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:53 pm

MsFalange wrote:

I'm really sorry to hear you are going through such a difficult moment in your life. Unfortunatelly, I know exactly how you feel and I know there's little that can make you feel better, but give it some time. Try to rest and try to focus on other things. Be with you family and friends (especially that one that is amazing).

I'm sending you lots of virtual hugs and hoping you can feel better soon. Cwtch
Back to top Go down
Dina

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts III   Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:08 pm

Do you know 'Comes and Goes" by Greg Laswell?

This part is pretty accurate:
"It comes and goes in waves,
I am only let to wonder why"

The song is obviously about losing a person through a break-up but this part is pretty accurate in describing my emotional state atm.
You never grieve all at once and then it's done. It comes and goes in waves. Sometimes it's harder, sometimes it's easier.
I've experienced the sudden death that no one expected, but at a 'decent' age and the death after a long illness at a high age where everybody was very sad but said "It was for the best."
But this young man was holding onto life with everything he had. And he was one of those persons who, if he only had 2€ or $ left, would use that last money to buy you an icecream or something.

More praise to my best friend who takes good care of me and invited me to a "Meet&Eat" with his youth-parish yesterday to keep me busy and keep my mind a bit off before this horrible day.
He really is an angel (That are our nicknames for each other actually Wink We call each other "Angel")

Argh, I really want to let this go but right now I just can't
Back to top Go down
Isa

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts III   Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:45 pm

MsFalange wrote:

It's okay. This is part of the process, but, trust me, it does get better. It changes you, but it does get better.

I lost my mom when I was 11, my sister was 6 back then. My mom had bone cancer and she died when she was 40. She was sick for about 18 months and most of my memories of her are from this period. She was dying bit by bit every day in front of us. It's so unfair, but such is life. What do you do? You keep going. My idea of moving on has always been try to remember she is part of me. She is always with me and so I go. It made me a better person and that, I think, is a way of honoring her.

Cwtch
Back to top Go down
Dina

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts III   Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:13 pm

Isabela wrote:
MsFalange wrote:

It's okay. This is part of the process, but, trust me, it does get better. It changes you, but it does get better.

I lost my mom when I was 11, my sister was 6 back then. My mom had bone cancer and she died when she was 40. She was sick for about 18 months and most of my memories of her are from this period. She was dying bit by bit every day in front of us. It's so unfair, but such is life. What do you do? You keep going. My idea of moving on has always been try to remember she is part of me. She is always with me and so I go. It made me a better person and that, I think, is a way of honoring her.

Cwtch

I'm so sorry for your loss Sad
i almost lost my father at 13 to leukemia but for some reason all the guardian angels in this world were watching over us and everything is almost like it was before his sickness now. That's one of the reasons why I'm normally always someone who is optimistic and positive about life. Because I know, that sometimes there is this happy end. Sometimes we're lucky. But sometimes we're not. And that's hard to deal with.

Dealing with tragedies really changes you. Especially when they happen while your in this 'growing-up' phase (of course they still do after that). Mine have definitely made me stronger and more mature I think. -That's why I know I'll be fine again. It's just gonna take it's time, but I'll give my soul this time to heal and get better.
In these past days, when I've had moments of joy and I would laugh, they were mostly followed by a pause where I would think to myself "How could you be so carefree right now, after what has happened this short amount of time ago. You should be ashamed!"
And of course that is bullshit but I still have these thoughts at times. Sometimes it scares me how easily we skip back into our daily-routines. I guess it's good not to dwell on these things, "life goes on" - it has to, but still it makes me sad somehow.

In the end it's what we personally take from this person after they passed. I will try to be an even more caring person, to be loving and a good friend, take care of the people who need to be taken care of and give hope and positive words to the people who need them. Because that's what he did and that's what he would want for us to take from his death smile
Back to top Go down
Dina

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts III   Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:01 pm

I just realized that tomorrow is the First listen Friday!
Excited for Smooth Criminal yahoo
Back to top Go down
Isa

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts III   Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:06 pm

MsFalange wrote:
Dealing with tragedies really changes you. Especially when they happen while your in this 'growing-up' phase (of course they still do after that). Mine have definitely made me stronger and more mature I think. -That's why I know I'll be fine again. It's just gonna take it's time, but I'll give my soul this time to heal and get better.
In these past days, when I've had moments of joy and I would laugh, they were mostly followed by a pause where I would think to myself "How could you be so carefree right now, after what has happened this short amount of time ago. You should be ashamed!" And of course that is bullshit but I still have these thoughts at times. Sometimes it scares me how easily we skip back into our daily-routines. I guess it's good not to dwell on these things, "life goes on" - it has to, but still it makes me sad somehow.

I agree. Sorry if somehow I sounded like I just saying for you to move on. I think mourning is really important. Getting angry, crying, talking about it, all this is important and in the end it is going to make you feel better. So, take your time. smile
Back to top Go down
Dina

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts III   Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:20 pm

no worries, it didn't sound like that at all. I aprecciate all your words of comfort and virtual hugs Wink
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts III   Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:27 pm

Shanna_ wrote:

Success! Clap

--

Dina, I'm sorry you've had a rough day. All the hugs in the world to you Hug Hug

MsFalange wrote:
In these past days, when I've had moments of joy and I would laugh, they were mostly followed by a pause where I would think to myself "How could you be so carefree right now, after what has happened this short amount of time ago.

Since we're on the topic of loss and such.
This quote was exactly what I did when my mother died. And she died very unexpected and suddenly from heartfailure. It was amazing how I'd go from a very dark place, to being in the city laughing with my friends when I was out buying flower arrangements for her coffin for example. It was really absurd. But basically I was in shock, and you also can't spend 24 hours a day crying or feeling sad. Laughter heals the wounds of the heart. It took at least a year for me to realise that though, and stop feeling bad about it. So I'm glad to see that you're aware that it's okay to laugh, even if it still makes you a little sad. And it's okay to be sad too, of course.

I also agree with everything else in your post. You take the good that was in them and use it to make yourself a better person, and honor them in that way.

Losing someone is never easy, but I'm sure that wherever they are, they're watching, and want for their loved ones to be happy. As I am also sure they are smile

Hug
Back to top Go down
http://a-lot-of-heart-a-little-crazy.tumblr.com/
eli_

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts III   Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:27 pm

I'm really crap at comfroting people or giving advice, and I always end up reading all your stories and never replying. But I'm with you Dina
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts III   Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:16 pm

I was just thinking...

When you put mentos in a coke it explodes in an eruption... What happens if you drink coke and eat mentos? Does it come back out or what? scratch
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts III   Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:28 pm

MissLilly wrote:
I was just thinking...

When you put mentos in a coke it explodes in an eruption... What happens if you drink coke and eat mentos? Does it come back out or what? scratch

I think i might have to try this....

MsFalange wrote:
I just realized that tomorrow is the First listen Friday!
Excited for Smooth Criminal yahoo
Yayyyyyyyyy.
But i'll have to stay up till like, 3am. Crap.
Smooth Criminal is the week after Wink
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts III   Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:31 pm

voteforalice1 wrote:
MissLilly wrote:
I was just thinking...

I think i might have to try this....

I think maybe now is the time I regret bringing this up..
If you survive, please report back your findings tongue
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts III   Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:41 pm

Hehe, dw i won't do it Wink ...I don't have coke or mentos in my house, and i'm not curious enough to buy them.

Btw, does anyone have the new Tumblr of "my-lucky-day" ...you know that ontd mod? (you may not know what i'm talking about, if not, dw)...... Either she got a new tumblr or hers is on a break.
Back to top Go down
Shanna_

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts III   Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:23 pm

Winter in Ohio finally showed up today. Yesterday it was 50 F outside and right now it's 20 outside. Let's see, that's 10 to -6 or -7 I think for everyone outside of the US. It was like 40 when I went to lunch this afternoon and it dropped to 28 by the time the hour finished. Thank goodness because the lack of cold weather was making me sad.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts III   

Back to top Go down

Random thoughts III
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 39 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next