Random Thoughts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Random Thoughts. This forum is for everything, whatever we feel like discussing. Nothing is off-topic. Go for it!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

LGBT talk

Go down 
+10
Span_ski
Phyxrak
Jugz da' Clown
Melissa
mardou
Alison DiLaurentis
Shanna_
Charles
Isa
eli_
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
Isa

Isa

LGBT talk   - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LGBT talk    LGBT talk   - Page 8 EmptyFri May 11, 2012 10:52 am

Yeah, I think it's a very important step in the right direction.

That Hilary speech at the UN still gives me warm feelings. It was so, so good.
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: LGBT talk    LGBT talk   - Page 8 EmptyFri May 11, 2012 11:07 am

I only vaguely remember that speech. *goes of to refresh my memory*
Back to top Go down
cinco

cinco

PostSubject: Re: LGBT talk    LGBT talk   - Page 8 EmptyFri May 11, 2012 11:11 am

Isa wrote:
I thought that's an interesting view from The Economist:

Good for Obama, bad for gay marriage

Quote :
As of today, gay marriage is once again a partisan issue at the heart of a presidential election campaign. Many Republicans who might have had flexible opinions as of yesterday are now going to find themselves psychologically inclined to move towards the party line. Mitt Romney will be forced, within the next hours or days, to come out with a full-throated argument against gay marriage. Republican office-holders will have to vocally support that position. Republican media outfits (Fox News, conservative talk radio, RedState and so forth) will have to join the attack. Millions of GOP voters who otherwise might have gradually reconciled themselves to gay marriage within the next few months will be held back by the ideological alignments created in this presidential campaign.

In Belgium we have a gay prime minister born from immigrants. Yet both of those aspects were never used by him in any campaign.
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: LGBT talk    LGBT talk   - Page 8 EmptyFri May 11, 2012 11:35 am

It'll be really interesting to see how this affects things going forward.

It was a bold move though.
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: LGBT talk    LGBT talk   - Page 8 EmptyFri May 11, 2012 12:31 pm

Isa wrote:
Yeah, I think it's a very important step in the right direction.

That Hilary speech at the UN still gives me warm feelings. It was so, so good.

Can't watch any videos because I'm in work but I read the transcript (I do remember it) and I had tears in my eyes.
Back to top Go down
mardou

mardou

PostSubject: Re: LGBT talk    LGBT talk   - Page 8 EmptyFri May 11, 2012 12:58 pm

gender identity law was approved here two days ago :yay: a big step for the transexual community.
and yay for obama! finally.
Back to top Go down
eli_

eli_

PostSubject: Re: LGBT talk    LGBT talk   - Page 8 EmptyFri May 11, 2012 3:13 pm

LGBT talk   - Page 8 Tumblr_m3vha67gs11ql159go1_500
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: LGBT talk    LGBT talk   - Page 8 EmptyFri May 11, 2012 3:26 pm

Saw that on Twitter. It made me chuckle.
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: LGBT talk    LGBT talk   - Page 8 EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 10:42 am

I haven't read the article yet, but I'm interested.

It could have more ladies tho.

LGBT talk   - Page 8 556190_10150979210299701_283390813_n
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: LGBT talk    LGBT talk   - Page 8 EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 3:29 am

Did anyone ever manage to read that article? I tried to find it on the internet, but couldn't find it. I got the jist though... seems interesting.
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: LGBT talk    LGBT talk   - Page 8 EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 3:54 am

Couldn't see what it was because I saw it when I was in work so I never went back to look. Enlighten me? tongue
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: LGBT talk    LGBT talk   - Page 8 EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 4:27 am

The jist is that it's easier these days to come out in the industry I think. It's no longer front page news when an actor does. I think anyway, like I said I couldn't find the actual article.

That said though, I really can't think of many openly lesbian celebrities? I think maybe things are a little bit different for guys than for girls?
Back to top Go down
cinco

cinco

PostSubject: Re: LGBT talk    LGBT talk   - Page 8 EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 4:31 am

Span_ski wrote:

I think maybe things are a little bit different for guys than for girls?

Yeah, why would that be?
For some reason, I always thought that it was harder for men.
But is it actually the opposite then?
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: LGBT talk    LGBT talk   - Page 8 EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 4:34 am

Hmm...
Back to top Go down
cinco

cinco

PostSubject: Re: LGBT talk    LGBT talk   - Page 8 EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 4:43 am

For some reason I always think that people are way more openminded about relationships despite orientation or beliefs or culture because of how I experienced that in high school, but then I enter work environments and there people still seem to be biased.
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: LGBT talk    LGBT talk   - Page 8 EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 5:27 am

Charlie wrote:
Hmm...

Hmmm???

Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: LGBT talk    LGBT talk   - Page 8 EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 5:35 am

I dunno. I have mixed feelings about who it's easier for. But I do agree that there aren't enough out ladies in the media. Perhaps that's part of the problem with regards to whether it's 'easier' for guys or girls nowadays.

Last edited by Charlie on Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: LGBT talk    LGBT talk   - Page 8 EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 6:12 am

Yeah. I dont mean it's easier on the whole for guys, it just seems like an actress would be more reluctant to come out. Like similarly a male footballer would be reluctant. Ok, thats an extreme situation. Like would an out gay actress get the same opportunities in terms of magazine covers things like that. Yes, its all shallow stuff, but I have a feeling that could have an effect and it's sad.
Back to top Go down
eli_

eli_

PostSubject: Re: LGBT talk    LGBT talk   - Page 8 EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 4:55 pm

LGBT talk   - Page 8 3184751461_8bfe6039b5_o
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: LGBT talk    LGBT talk   - Page 8 EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 4:22 pm

So, a trans guy might win our Big Brother tonight.
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: LGBT talk    LGBT talk   - Page 8 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 8:17 am

He won it.
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: LGBT talk    LGBT talk   - Page 8 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 8:27 am

Ha! That's awesome.

We just had BB start here yesterday. It's been ages.
Back to top Go down
Jugz da' Clown

Jugz da' Clown

PostSubject: Re: LGBT talk    LGBT talk   - Page 8 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 5:25 pm

eli_ wrote:
LGBT talk   - Page 8 Tumblr_m3vha67gs11ql159go1_500
I love this!

BTW, you know what pisses me off? When person says "This country is going to hell" when they see two people of the same sex kissing, but they don't even want to talk about gun control. I guess because hell on earth is nothing to worry about, but they can't stop worrying about where other people are going to go after they die.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LGBT talk    LGBT talk   - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

LGBT talk
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8